Clerkship App question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
AttractiveNuisance

Clerkship App question

Postby AttractiveNuisance » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:39 pm

I promise not to spam the forum with any more of these app questions, but I am over-anxious about these since it's going to be so competitive for state supremes. My application I am sending is around 20 pages (10 page writing sample, transcripts, etc.) and I am wondering which of the documents I should put on resume paper or if I should put it all on resume paper. I don't really care one way or another, I just don't want the app to be funky. I know this is the dumbest thing to worry about, but does anyone have any input?

Re: Clerkship App question

Postby 270910 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:58 pm

AttractiveNuisance wrote:I promise not to spam the forum with any more of these app questions, but I am over-anxious about these since it's going to be so competitive for state supremes. My application I am sending is around 20 pages (10 page writing sample, transcripts, etc.) and I am wondering which of the documents I should put on resume paper or if I should put it all on resume paper. I don't really care one way or another, I just don't want the app to be funky. I know this is the dumbest thing to worry about, but does anyone have any input?

Personally, I would print it all on plain white paper that is slightly thicker than usual. Something that says 'I didn't print this on copy paper' but also 'I'm not trying to impress you by sending my application in on dried sheep skin'. The content is really all that matters, and I think going overboard on the paper is somewhere between unnecessary and a mistake.

AttractiveNuisance

Postby AttractiveNuisance » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:07 pm

Yea, those were my concerns. So you'd suggest doing it all on one kind of nicer paper and not doing some on resume (resume, cover letter, and first page of writing sample) and some on regular?

TTT-LS

Postby TTT-LS » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:38 am

Last edited by TTT-LS on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonas

Postby jonas » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:58 pm

TTT-LS wrote:Cover letter + resume on nice paper, rest on standard paper.

That's what I did, too.

Return to “Legal Employment”