What area of LAW is the most MARKETABLE? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Joy_Deknarak

New

What area of LAW is the most MARKETABLE?

Post by Joy_Deknarak » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:45 am

Hi, guys

I'm choosing a career for law. I'm an international student. I have 3 questions. Please help me :)

1. If I work here, what area is the most marketable? (are law firms avoid hiring international student?) I think I'll graduate with a mid-range school (in top tier around 40-70th)

2. If I go back to my country, what area of law does it make sense to study here? Would it be beneficial if I study like... business law or tax law here and go to practice in another country or it's just a waste of time?

3. Is international law a good program, for me, after all, in practical sense?

Thank you so much

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Re: What area of LAW is the most MARKETABLE?

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:48 am

Joy_Deknarak wrote:Hi, guys

I'm choosing a career for law. I'm an international student. I have 3 questions. Please help me :)

1. If I work here, what area is the most marketable? (are law firms avoid hiring international student?) I think I'll graduate with a mid-range school (in top tier around 40-70th)

2. If I go back to my country, what area of law does it make sense to study here? Would it be beneficial if I study like... business law or tax law here and go to practice in another country or it's just a waste of time?

Thank you so much

You may have come to the wrong message board.
Most marketable...in general is patent law but you need the science background.
If you're not a flame...surf around and read the posts here first...use the search function then ask questions...otherwise you're risking internet ridicule...the worst kind...lol.

Joy_Deknarak

New

Post by Joy_Deknarak » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:53 am

Kobe_Teeth wrote:

Thank you so much

If you're not a flame...surf around and read the posts here first...use the search function then ask questions...otherwise you're risking internet ridicule...the worst kind...lol.

Where should I post this? I tried hard to find the right forum.
Please tell me so I can post at the right one and get the answer :P

Thank you

HyeMart

Bronze

Post by HyeMart » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:03 am

advertisement law

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:42 am

Kobe_Teeth wrote:

Thank you so much

Harsh dude.

It would help to know what country you are coming from, how serious you are about staying here, and what your background is.

The above person is right that patent law is quite marketable. You don't NEED a science background, but you do need one to sit for the patent bar. However, the only thing you need to pass the patent bar for is patent prosecution. Meaning when the patent office responds to a patent claim (they usually reject it), you need the credentials to write responses. However, you can still write patents and even litigate patents without sitting for the patent bar.

Another good thing about going into patent law is that there are international agreements regarding patent protection. So that will probably be in demand in the US and overseas.

Another area of law that will probably be booming for quite a while is bankruptcy law :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”