Any resource to look at salaries in various fields?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Any resource to look at salaries in various fields?

Postby Canadian » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:18 pm

We all know the common figure for lawyers starting out in biglaw (160K), but I'm wondering if anyone can point me to a resource outlining salaries in various types of legal careers. I'm almost certain something like this must exist, but I haven't come across it yet. Thank you!

Re: Any resource to look at salaries in various fields?

Postby SteelReserve » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:37 pm ... 111970c-pi

Bear in mind that is extremely outdated (2008) can safely assume the right spike is much shorter now and the left spike probably stayed the same because so many don't get legal jobs at all post-grad.

To answer your question even more specifically, the spike on the right is the biglaw, and the spike on the left is small firm, government, and clerkships.

The low middle area is the elusive 'midlaw' which is basically similar work to biglaw but with slightly fewer hours and lower pay.

Return to “Legal Employment”