The Jobless 1L Thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Re: The Jobless 1L Thread

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:56 am

Matlock! how ya doin (:

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:58 am

A'nold wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:
Olivio Pastimante wrote:
A'nold wrote:
Yeah. I'll let the moderator handle you.
Hollywood doesn't write script this entertaining.

I mean, I was all like, "yeah, I'm the shit," but after this guy's post I'm all like "oh noz pleaz don't tell the modz!"
Maybe he's homophobic and took offense at you winking at him?
:wink:

Ohhhhhhhh snap, you might just be on to something Mr. Matlock. You know, in some states the provocation doctrine applies to homosexual advances........*looks through peephole*

Corsair

Gold

Post by Corsair » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:53 am

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:04 pm

Corsair wrote:
A'nold wrote:
Ohhhhhhhh snap, you might just be on to something Mr. Matlock. You know, in some states the provocation doctrine applies to homosexual advances........*looks through peephole*
The gay panic defense is pretty much dead everywhere.
Mississippi?

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:12 pm

anybody know if NY Supreme Court judges take summer interns? i'm sure many have already hired but just wanted to see if anyone has seen postings or been in touch with any of these courts.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 270910 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:19 pm

sanpiero wrote:anybody know if NY Supreme Court judges take summer interns? i'm sure many have already hired but just wanted to see if anyone has seen postings or been in touch with any of these courts.
Almost all judges take interns, almost no judges post about it, almost all hiring for this summer has been done.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:23 pm

Leeroy Jenkins wrote:Matlock! how ya doin (:
Hanging in there... barely. But hanging in none the less. :)

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:26 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
Leeroy Jenkins wrote:Matlock! how ya doin (:
Hanging in there... barely. But hanging in none the less. :)
It's good to see you back. Welcome!

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:05 pm

disco_barred wrote:almost all hiring for this summer has been done.
Source?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:20 pm

disco_barred wrote:
sanpiero wrote:anybody know if NY Supreme Court judges take summer interns? i'm sure many have already hired but just wanted to see if anyone has seen postings or been in touch with any of these courts.
Almost all judges take interns, almost no judges post about it, almost all hiring for this summer has been done.
This isn't true for NY Supreme Court Justices as I have an interview with one this week. They are interviewing people from 9AM-4PM pretty much straight through, so they are definitely not finished.

I've also heard that Justices in Manhattan and Queens are still hiring 1L interns at this point.

Edit: You are correct that they don't post anything about it. Just send a cover letter/resume to every judge you can find.

2009 Prospective

Bronze

Post by 2009 Prospective » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:28 pm

Federal judges seem to be done hiring for the most part however there are still a ton of local judges willing to take on interns right now I've found.

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
disco_barred wrote:
This isn't true for NY Supreme Court Justices as I have an interview with one this week. They are interviewing people from 9AM-4PM pretty much straight through, so they are definitely not finished.

I've also heard that Justices in Manhattan and Queens are still hiring 1L interns at this point.

Edit: You are correct that they don't post anything about it. Just send a cover letter/resume to every judge you can find.
Awesome...thanks for the info

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:10 pm

2009 Prospective wrote:Federal judges seem to be done hiring for the most part however there are still a ton of local judges willing to take on interns right now I've found.
Local judges where???

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 270910 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:20 pm

sanpiero wrote:
2009 Prospective wrote:Federal judges seem to be done hiring for the most part however there are still a ton of local judges willing to take on interns right now I've found.
Local judges where???
Step 1) Is the judge a federal judge? If yes, probably done hiring. If no, go to step 2.

Step 2) Apply to judge

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:38 pm

disco_barred wrote:
sanpiero wrote:
Local judges where???
Step 1) Is the judge a federal judge? If yes, probably done hiring. If no, go to step 2.

Step 2) Apply to judge
:roll: I was simply inquiring as to where he has found "a ton of local judges willing to take on interns." Thank you for wasting everyone's time, though

2009 Prospective

Bronze

Post by 2009 Prospective » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:48 pm

sanpiero wrote:
disco_barred wrote:
sanpiero wrote:
Local judges where???

Step 2) Apply to judge
:roll: I was simply inquiring as to where he has found "a ton of local judges willing to take on interns." Thank you for wasting everyone's time, though
I guess I shouldn't go as far as saying "a ton". Nonetheless though, I'm in a decent sized east coast market (not DC or NY) and have seen a number of chances to work for local judges come up within the past few weeks. In fact, we had some judges come onto campus recently to speak, many of which were offering potential summer internships to those who dropped off their resumes. An upperclassmen also asked me last week if I was interested in working with a judge this summer he/she is externing for. There have also been some postings by local judges on the CSO website as well. The judges I'm talking about are just local / city trial level judges, family court etc. Also, don't overlook considering looking into judges in smaller markets. There are a ton of judges out there if you are diligent in looking for them.

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:11 pm

2009 Prospective wrote: I guess I shouldn't go as far as saying "a ton". Nonetheless though, I'm in a decent sized east coast market (not DC or NY) and have seen a number of chances to work for local judges come up within the past few weeks. In fact, we had some judges come onto campus recently to speak, many of which were offering potential summer internships to those who dropped off their resumes. An upperclassmen also asked me last week if I was interested in working with a judge this summer he/she is externing for. There have also been some postings by local judges on the CSO website as well. The judges I'm talking about are just local / city trial level judges, family court etc. Also, don't overlook considering looking into judges in smaller markets. There are a ton of judges out there if you are diligent in looking for them.
thanks for elaborating, 2009. very helpful

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Corsair

Gold

Post by Corsair » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:49 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”