Representations about desire to stay in the area

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Representations about desire to stay in the area

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:24 am

So, I'm in a regional school and interviewing with a lot of people who want to hear that you plan to stay forever. Basically, if you don't say it, then you're disqualified.

I'm looking for a good 1L summer gig, and then plan to transfer. I've just started telling everybody that I love it here and hope to stay forever.

Possible consequences later? I'll just basically say at the end of the summer that I don't plan to come back next summer, but when I start using them as a reference for my NY/DC/LA interviews...?

Anonymous User

Re: Representations about desire to stay in the area

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So, I'm in a regional school and interviewing with a lot of people who want to hear that you plan to stay forever. Basically, if you don't say it, then you're disqualified.

I'm looking for a good 1L summer gig, and then plan to transfer. I've just started telling everybody that I love it here and hope to stay forever.

Possible consequences later? I'll just basically say at the end of the summer that I don't plan to come back next summer, but when I start using them as a reference for my NY/DC/LA interviews...?

Don't say that you plan to stay forever if it's not true. Better to say that you're open to the possibility and excited about this opportunity. Don't lie.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Don't say that you plan to stay forever if it's not true. Better to say that you're open to the possibility and excited about this opportunity. Don't lie.

Fuck it. I'm tired of being the anonymous police. I'm joining the club.

rando

Postby rando » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:34 pm

if you're in the position to get a 1L SA position why are you transferring? I know many people that have transferred to T4-10 that completely struck out 2L OCI.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:48 pm

I don't want to be in this geographic area anymore.

Also, the people you know probably were going through OCI 2009, the ugly times

rando

Postby rando » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
The people you know probably were going through OCI 2009, the ugly times

Haha. I hope for your sake (and my class' offer rates) that the ugly times are over.

Return to “Legal Employment”