1L summer job: international organizations

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

1L summer job: international organizations

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:50 pm

This clearly didn't get the proper treatment in another thread.

How do firms view a 1L summer internship with something like the world intellectual property organization in Geneva or the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris?

How would you compare them to a federal judicial internship or a big city DA/US attorney internship?

User avatar
Herb Watchfell
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: 1L summer job: international organizations

Postby Herb Watchfell » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:This clearly didn't get the proper treatment in another thread.

How do firms view a 1L summer internship with something like the world intellectual property organization in Geneva or the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris?

How would you compare them to a federal judicial internship or a big city DA/US attorney internship?



It will set you apart and may prove a good conversation starter, especially if its an international firm with whom you're interviewing. However, don't expect a strictly national firm to care much about your international escapades.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L summer job: international organizations

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:57 pm

OK, the presumption should be that OL advice is not appreciated unless specifically requested.

User avatar
Herb Watchfell
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: 1L summer job: international organizations

Postby Herb Watchfell » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OK, the presumption should be that OL advice is not appreciated unless specifically requested.


You assume my profile is accurate. It is not. Go fuck yourself.

Renzo
Posts: 4265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:23 am

Re: 1L summer job: international organizations

Postby Renzo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:19 pm

Herb Watchfell wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OK, the presumption should be that OL advice is not appreciated unless specifically requested.


You assume my profile is accurate. It is not. Go fuck yourself.

You know what's funny: this comment was in response to the very first useful/on-point post I've ever seen you make.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.