Follow up after interview?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Follow up after interview?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:56 pm

I haven't heard back from a place I interviewed (will be 2 weeks this Friday) and am starting to get a little restless/anxious. I am a 1L at the top of my class at a T1 school (non-T14), but have not secured any offers yet.

Is it appropriate to call the interviewer and ask when to expect a response? What's the best way to ask this to make it seem more like I'm interested rather than desperate.

BetterCallSaul

Re: Follow up after interview?

Postby BetterCallSaul » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:06 pm

yes you should call--ask when you can expect a response and if there's anything else you can provide them with.

I hope you wrote a Thank You note!

Mr. Pablo

Re: Follow up after interview?

Postby Mr. Pablo » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:18 pm

It is entirely appropriate to show continued interest in a job everywhere else in the world, and I see no reason why it should not hold true here. Two weeks seems like a reasonable amount of time to wait before refreshing their memory of your unquenchable desire to be employed/enslaved by this person/place/thing.

Return to “Legal Employment”