OCI Data Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

OCI Data

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:20 pm

I have read that Career Offices provide students with firm's grade cutoffs and other important OCI information. Is there any way us 0L's can get access to this?

TTT-LS

Silver

Re: OCI Data

Post by TTT-LS » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:44 pm

Last edited by TTT-LS on Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:36 pm

I can provide a detailed and helpful answer to this question, as I just met with an OCI rep about something very related a few days ago. But I won't, because of my previously announced policy of not responding to anonymous posts that don't contain clearly identifying and sensitive personal information.

JohnYuu

New

Post by JohnYuu » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:33 pm

Wow. I didn't see the forum rules. I am so very sorry for posting anonymously. I hope you all can recover from what I did.

You guys need to calm down and should consider a career as a cop instead of lawyer.

Gold

Post by 270910 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Some school won't even give this data directly to 1Ls -.-

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Aeroplane

Bronze

Post by Aeroplane » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:09 pm

At Michigan the data is available online, but you have to log in with your student ID & password. So it's not automatically available to 0L's. I dunno if they'd let an admitted student see it.

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:17 pm

It's kept secret, so they won't let a candidate/admitted student have it. The reason it's secret is because firms are ultra-concerned with appearance and prestige. If the GPA cutoffs become too public, firms sometimes raise their GPA requirements to make the list so as not to appear less exclusive/prestigious.

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:17 am

JohnYuu wrote:Wow. I didn't see the forum rules. I am so very sorry for posting anonymously. I hope you all can recover from what I did.

You guys need to calm down and should consider a career as a cop instead of lawyer.
LOL.

I posted this earlier, and I'm still advocating for mods issuing a temp-ban to every non-mod that bitches about other people's anonymous posting (in other words, just let the mods do their job and quit complaining about it).

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:35 am

XxSpyKEx wrote:
JohnYuu wrote:Wow. I didn't see the forum rules. I am so very sorry for posting anonymously. I hope you all can recover from what I did.

LOL.

I posted this earlier, and I'm still advocating for mods issuing a temp-ban to every non-mod that bitches about other people's anonymous posting (in other words, just let the mods do their job and quit complaining about it).
I would rather go the other way, and have the feature disabled.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

amped

New

Post by amped » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:45 pm

Renzo wrote:
XxSpyKEx wrote:

LOL.

I think we should do a lottery system.

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:44 pm

amped wrote:
Renzo wrote:
XxSpyKEx wrote:

LOL.

I could get behind this, but I think we should take it a step further. Instead of "Anonymous Poster" the authorship should randomly be assigned to another user's account.

amped

New

Post by amped » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:53 pm

Renzo wrote:
amped wrote:
Renzo wrote:
XxSpyKEx wrote:
LOL.

I could get behind this, but I think we should take it a step further. Instead of "Anonymous Poster" the authorship should randomly be assigned to another user's account.
Nice! I like it...

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:36 pm

Renzo wrote:
amped wrote:
Renzo wrote:
XxSpyKEx wrote:
LOL.

This would be great.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”