Academic year internships/jobs

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

I had an internship during my academic 2L year

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 4

diplomat

Academic year internships/jobs

Postby diplomat » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:37 pm

I am a second semester 1L - how far in advance should I be looking into/applying to Fall internships/research assistant positions etc.? And does anyone have ideas about what good ones are if I am looking to work in legal finance? As in, should I look into the USAO DC office Fall program?

Thanks!!

diplomat

Re: Academic year internships/jobs

Postby diplomat » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:36 pm

:(

NYU2011

Postby NYU2011 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:08 pm

I applied to internships/RA positions 2 or 3 weeks before the semester started and did interviews either via phone during the break or during the first week I was back.

amped

Postby amped » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:09 pm

I would go talk to CSO or to a professor who specializes in legal finance...also, what kind of finance do you want to do? If you want to do white collar crime or insurance fraud or something then the USAO might be good, but if you want to do securities, then you'll want to look at the SEC or something. I'm guessing you're in DC though so you should have plenty of options. Deadlines will vary for each program (i.e., the State Dept. apps are due March 4th for fall). I would start looking into it now so you don't miss any deadlines. Plus it's always good to get applications in early and you can try to set up informational interviews with attorneys at relevant organizations as well.

Return to “Legal Employment”