Kim & Chang

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
awesomepossum
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 12:49 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby awesomepossum » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:29 pm

nooyyllib wrote:
awesomepossum wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:Thanks yall, except the ignorant poster. This threat is becoming extremely helpful and enjoyable.




This thread makes me feel like a broken Korean since I'm not very smart.


Does your avatar indicate UM Law? If so, and you are broken, I must be decimated.


Yeah Michigan Law. If I were a real Korean I would be at Yale. If I were seriously hard working I would be Kim and Chang material.

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby stayway » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:32 pm

awesomepossum wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:
awesomepossum wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:Thanks yall, except the ignorant poster. This threat is becoming extremely helpful and enjoyable.




This thread makes me feel like a broken Korean since I'm not very smart.


Does your avatar indicate UM Law? If so, and you are broken, I must be decimated.


Yeah Michigan Law. If I were a real Korean I would be at Yale. If I were seriously hard working I would be Kim and Chang material.


I don't know if that is sarcasm. If you "fail" by going to UM Law, I should kill myself for "epic fail". I'm looking at Tier 2 and waitlist at mid Tier 1. And I'm doing whatever I can do get into that mid Tier 1.

User avatar
bk641
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:22 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby bk641 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:36 pm

nooyyllib wrote:I'm looking at Tier 2 and waitlist at mid Tier 1. And I'm doing whatever I can do get into that mid Tier 1.


Noone will be working at Kim & Chang if that person has no idea about Korea (as you mentioned in an earlier post), and very unlikely if you're only at a Tier 1 to be honest. Only a handful of their hires are foreign JDs (for their US & int. law needs, mostly) and even then those are, as someone mentioned earlier, high T14 Korean students that decide to work in Korea.

but then again, if you know someone inside... heh.

awesomepossum
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 12:49 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby awesomepossum » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Don't worry nooy. I'm just overly obsessed by this hilarious sentence:

Considering how smart Koreans are in general, people at KIM & CHANG are very very smart.( and seriously hard working)


I should get over it.

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby stayway » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:42 pm

.
Last edited by stayway on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby stayway » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:43 pm

awesomepossum wrote:Don't worry nooy. I'm just overly obsessed by this hilarious sentence:

Considering how smart Koreans are in general, people at KIM & CHANG are very very smart.( and seriously hard working)


I should get over it.


It's weird since I did/do work hard but my intelligence may/may-not be there. LoL. Wonder where my cousins got their intelligence from.

User avatar
XxSpyKEx
Posts: 1741
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:48 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby XxSpyKEx » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:29 pm


User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby Nom Sawyer » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:34 pm

awesomepossum wrote:Don't worry nooy. I'm just overly obsessed by this hilarious sentence:

Considering how smart Koreans are in general, people at KIM & CHANG are very very smart.( and seriously hard working)


I should get over it.


this sentence is all kinds of win

User avatar
Unemployed
Posts: 699
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:35 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby Unemployed » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:39 pm

Not only do they have the best of the best, they are also armed to the teeth with former government officials - judges, prosecutors, regulators, tax specialists, and even JAG officers - and successfully evade every attempt by the government to control them. Everyone knows they are guilty of tax evasion (every year) but the government just can't seem to touch them. Bad. Ass. :twisted:

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby Nom Sawyer » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:44 pm

Unemployed wrote:Not only do they have the best of the best, they are also armed to the teeth with former government officials - judges, prosecutors, regulators, tax specialists, and even JAG officers - and successfully evade every attempt by the government to control them. Everyone knows they are guilty of tax evasion (every year) but the government just can't seem to touch them. Bad. Ass. :twisted:


sorry... that concept is mutually exclusive with being korean...

they are one thing... hard workers (and smart) but HARD workers is what's important, on top of being intelligent..

User avatar
EdmundBurke23
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby EdmundBurke23 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:48 pm

nooyyllib wrote:
completing wrote:Kim & Chang.. seriously?

Is there Ching & Chang, too?


don't be ignorant.


There's also a Ying & Yang as well as a Yang & Ying.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:32 pm

irie wrote: IMO if you make partner at Kim & Chang that is pretty much the endgame in Korea as far as a career in law goes.


Thought it worth mentioning that Kim & Chang does not have a partnership structure - the company is wholly owned by one person. Apparently due to tax reasons.
They do have levels though, "junior associate" "senior associate" etc.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:36 am

If OP is in Michigan Law, he shouldn't feel too down about his chances at Kim & Chang based on school prestige. Not everyone there went to YHS. This is completely anecdotal but their US IP attorney I recently worked with went to WUSTL. I also remember going through their people list and seeing schools like UPitt, McGeorge, etc. But of course all the native Korean attorneys went to SNU.

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby stayway » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:35 pm

.
Last edited by stayway on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:41 am

As mentioned numerous times above, they are most certainly badass.
I just graduated from one of the SKY unis and it's pretty much widely known around here that it's like the McKinsey of the Korean legal field hands down.
Regardless, good luck if you want to go for it OP.
Just remember that you would be facing thousands of crazy talented, scary smart and thoroughly badass Koreans. It won't be pretty. 화이팅~~! :D

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby Nom Sawyer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:As mentioned numerous times above, they are most certainly badass.
I just graduated from one of the SKY unis and it's pretty much widely known around here that it's like the McKinsey of the Korean legal field hands down.
Regardless, good luck if you want to go for it OP.
Just remember that you would be facing thousands of crazy talented, scary smart and thoroughly badass Koreans. It won't be pretty. 화이팅~~! :D


you forgot hard working... and diligent... and focused... and work-oriented... did I mention hard working?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:07 pm

lol touché.
I just figured being hardworking is a necessary condition for being korean. it's the gift and the curse. lol

ylee0331
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby ylee0331 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:19 pm

wow, I didn't realize there were so many krns here. sign me up for the club as well, guys (or gals).
maybe we should have some kind of a gathering

ylee0331
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby ylee0331 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:20 pm

oh and I would love to work at K&C.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:25 am

for every post here there should be a significantly higher number of korean lurkers, too.

User avatar
Unemployed
Posts: 699
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:35 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby Unemployed » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:05 am

<------------ Not a Korean (and still familiar with K&C)

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby starstruck393 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:21 am

Unemployed wrote:<------------ Not a Korean (and still familiar with K&C)


This

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby $1.99 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:30 pm

SKY is a joke, hard to get into, but easy as a slut to come out of

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby stayway » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:lol touché.
I just figured being hardworking is a necessary condition for being korean. it's the gift and the curse. lol


Win.

I got a semester of UG and 3 years of law school left to build my resume. (fingers crossed).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273405
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Kim & Chang

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:42 am

ylee0331 wrote:wow, I didn't realize there were so many krns here. sign me up for the club as well, guys (or gals).
maybe we should have some kind of a gathering


I would be down for that. maybe enough to drop the anonymous posting, too.
maybe we should start an online group of some sort. respectful request to someone who's not a 컴맹 like me.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.