Transfer OCI Results Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
annapavlova

Bronze

Re: Transfer OCI Results

Post by annapavlova » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Aloha4 wrote:
apper123 wrote:
Aloha4 wrote:
Well you are pretty rude. I never claimed that the information was correct or incorrect. All I saw was that I had been given that information from people that have recently graduated from law school. Before hearing this, I had heard that your 1L internship determines what job you ultimately got. So I asked the few friends that I had just mentioned, and they told me that this wasn't true at all. This information is not unsubstantiated, although it may be incorrect.

My reason for asking the was because I wanted to figure out what happened if I transferred. The reason I do somewhat believe this is because of the whole transferring process. What would be the point of transferring from a T3- T14 if it did not help your job prospects? But again, I am an OL. You seem to have some more experience with this so many you can elaborate... in a not so rude way.
But again, I am an OL.

Why do you keep hiding this in the bottom of your posts on me? Dammit!

Homosexual.... needs to come up with another joke to make himself feel better.
Homophobia, or awkward come on?
I don't think I've heard "homosexual" used as a way to make fun of a person since like...10th grade. This just irritates me. I request ban-hammer based on sheer ignorance.

starstruck393

Silver

Post by starstruck393 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:48 pm

Aloha4 wrote:Guys, you are simply just wrong on this one. I've checked with quite a few sources. First year grades are not that important. You should focus on your resume.
:roll:

annapavlova

Bronze

Post by annapavlova » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:48 pm

Aloha4 wrote:Guys, you are simply just wrong on this one. I've checked with quite a few sources. First year grades are not that important. You should focus on your resume.
"I'm only a 0L"

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:49 pm

This is wrong.

starstruck393

Silver

Post by starstruck393 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:49 pm

annapavlova wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Aloha4 wrote:
apper123 wrote:
But again, I am an OL.

Why do you keep hiding this in the bottom of your posts on me? Dammit!

Homosexual.... needs to come up with another joke to make himself feel better.
Homophobia, or awkward come on?
I don't think I've heard "homosexual" used as a way to make fun of a person since like...10th grade. This just irritates me. I request ban-hammer based on sheer ignorance.
Ignorance like this?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:03 pm

this is a flame (i prefer the term troll, but flame seems to be what people use around here). there's really no other explanation.

xferAlt

New

Post by xferAlt » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Are you kidding me? Your complete loss of credibility aside, you need to check your 'sources.' (I'm curious to know who they are, btw.) There's a reason your school comes first on your resume, followed immediately by your GPA/class rank.

Can you get a job with crappy first year grades? Yes. Does this mean they're not very, very important? Not even close.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:09 pm

What the hell happened to the TLS flame radar on this thread? You guys have grown soft or something.

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:17 pm

why do they call them flames on TLS

everywhere else on the internet they are "trolls" and "flame" means to insult or deride someone

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kings84_wr

Silver

Post by kings84_wr » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:07 pm

The sad thing about this flame is that this derailed a really important topic for us potential transfers

Lawl Shcool

Silver

Post by Lawl Shcool » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:43 pm

kings84_wr wrote:The sad thing about this flame is that this derailed a really important topic for us potential transfers
ya we all know first year grades are super important and that is why I started this thread. To learn about the consequences of giving them up to have a chance at an elite school.

FWIW I also prefer troll to flame

kings84_wr

Silver

Post by kings84_wr » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:46 pm

JPU wrote:
kings84_wr wrote:The sad thing about this flame is that this derailed a really important topic for us potential transfers
ya we all know first year grades are super important and that is why I started this thread. To learn about the consequences of giving them up to have a chance at an elite school.

FWIW I also prefer troll to flame
Have you looked at the transfer apps database? I went back and checked and they have about 50 people. Employment stats, Law review, and clerkships for transfers are all areas that seem to just not have much data unfortunately.

seespotrun

Gold

Post by seespotrun » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:33 am

starstruck393 wrote:It seems like [strike]transfer[/strike] students were having a particularly hard time last OCI
FTFY

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

seespotrun

Gold

Post by seespotrun » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:35 am

annapavlova wrote: I don't think I've heard "homosexual" used as a way to make fun of a person since like...10th grade. This just irritates me. I request ban-hammer based on sheer ignorance.
Quit being so fucking gay.

Aloha4

New

Post by Aloha4 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:44 am

seespotrun wrote:
annapavlova wrote: I don't think I've heard "homosexual" used as a way to make fun of a person since like...10th grade. This just irritates me. I request ban-hammer based on sheer ignorance.
Quit being so fucking gay.

+1

Aloha4

New

Post by Aloha4 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:47 am

Ok ok I apologize, was just having some fun. Obviously first year grades are crucial. Sorry for derailing this I'll stop.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:50 am

Aloha4 wrote:Ok ok I apologize, was just having some fun. Obviously first year grades are crucial. Sorry for derailing this I'll stop.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:02 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13eDfrMgFQM

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:01 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
Aloha4 wrote:Ok ok I apologize, was just having some fun. Obviously first year grades are crucial. Sorry for derailing this I'll stop.
Lol.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:08 pm

This is a potentially useful thread, so please don't make me lock it. I know several people are giving serious thought to an upgrade... I moved this, in case people want to post anonymously.

And just a reminder: I got here late, but anyone else making jokes about homosexuality will be dealt with by me. I've made very few bans during my tenure here, but I have exactly zero tolerance for bigotry.

underdawg

Silver

Post by underdawg » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:13 pm

itt: lulz
Last edited by underdawg on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

starstruck393

Silver

Post by starstruck393 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:34 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:This is a potentially useful thread, so please don't make me lock it. I know several people are giving serious thought to an upgrade... I moved this, in case people want to post anonymously.

And just a reminder: I got here late, but anyone else making jokes about homosexuality will be dealt with by me. I've made very few bans during my tenure here, but I have exactly zero tolerance for bigotry.
Are you considering throwing an app to CLS or NYU?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:51 pm

starstruck393 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:This is a potentially useful thread, so please don't make me lock it. I know several people are giving serious thought to an upgrade... I moved this, in case people want to post anonymously.

I'm enjoying my spring semester at Fordham. I only have one semester of grades, PT, so I don't know that I could leave if I wanted to. I wish my friends that will be transferring every happiness.

starstruck393

Silver

Post by starstruck393 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:15 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:

I'm enjoying my spring semester at Fordham. I only have one semester of grades, PT, so I don't know that I could leave if I wanted to. I wish my friends that will be transferring every happiness.
Fair enough. I just found it curious that you made your way to this thread (subconscious thoughts, maybe?)...

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:56 pm

starstruck393 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:

Fair enough. I just found it curious that you made your way to this thread (subconscious thoughts, maybe?)...
It's because she wants to apply to GULC EA......

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”