UofA/ASU Fall 2009 OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
sanpiero

UofA/ASU Fall 2009 OCI

Postby sanpiero » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Can anyone weigh in on how OCI went at either of these schools this past fall?

-Number of firms
-Number of large firms
-Percentage PHX firms
-Percentage of class landing SAs
-Class rank cut-offs established by larger firms
-etc.

RVP11

Re: UofA/ASU Fall 2009 OCI

Postby RVP11 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:39 pm

Even the T14s haven't put out any real info on how Fall 2009 OCI went, yet. You're only going to get anecdotal evidence.

FWIW, I know someone who was top 10% at ASU and did not get anything from OCI. I would count on fewer than 5% of students from ASU getting jobs with big firms. Maybe slightly more from UofA, but I'd guess still well under 10%.

I'd ballpark Phoenix big firm recruitment at about 1/3 of what it was two years ago. Things aren't pretty, man.

sanpiero

Postby sanpiero » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:44 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:Even the T14s haven't put out any real info on how Fall 2009 OCI went, yet. You're only going to get anecdotal evidence.

FWIW, I know someone who was top 10% at ASU and did not get anything from OCI. I would count on fewer than 5% of students from ASU getting jobs with big firms. Maybe slightly more from UofA, but I'd guess still well under 10%.

Yea, that's what I was looking for, anecdotal evidence.

Interesting. I know there are only 4-6 "big" firms that interview at the two schools, so your figures make sense. I was also interested to hear to what extent the medium sized firms in PHX and Tucson were interviewing and offering.

RVP11

Postby RVP11 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:49 pm

sanpiero wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:Even the T14s haven't put out any real info on how Fall 2009 OCI went, yet. You're only going to get anecdotal evidence.

Yea, that's what I was looking for, anecdotal evidence.

Interesting. I know there are only 4-6 "big" firms that interview at the two schools, so your figures make sense. I was also interested to hear to what extent the medium sized firms in PHX and Tucson were interviewing and offering.

I'd say there are more like 10-15 big firms. Depends how loosely you use the term.

FlightoftheEarls

Postby FlightoftheEarls » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Friend on Arizona's LR (just got on Exec Board for next year) didn't get anything at OCI, and several others didn't either. With that said, he devoted a lot of his efforts to contacting SF area firms, but a good amount of LR also failed to land any big law offers in Phoenix.

Return to “Legal Employment”