Skype Interview

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Skype Interview

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am

Hi, this Friday I am interviewing for a summer position in a different city. Instead of a normal in person or telephone interview, I am suppose to have a video interview via skype. Has anyone else had this type of interview? Any tips?

Re: Skype Interview

Postby itsfine » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:15 am

thats pretty neat...

some basic no brainer tipps would be make sure you have nothing stupid behind you like a nazi symbol or communist poster.

Postby portena » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:18 am

I'm a 0L, but I had a job interview via Skype last fall. My only advice is pretty obvious: test out both audio and video beforehand with a friend. Make sure the lighting is such that you can be seen clearly, and make sure that your setting looks professional. I did mine in my bedroom, but I checked first to make sure that nothing was on the walls behind me that wouldn't belong in an office setting. Obviously, you want to ensure that your internet connection is strong, and if you haven't done so already, familiarize yourself with the basic features of Skype in case something goes wrong.

It was a little awkward at first, but after a few seconds it wasn't any different than a regular interview. Plus you don't have to wear shoes! Good luck!

Postby Corsair » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:36 am

Postby jayn3 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:38 am

Corsair wrote:
portena wrote:Plus you don't have to wear pants!

i can just see that ending well. "Oh, here, let me fix the lighting." MOON

Return to “Legal Employment”