patent law internship before law school

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dajja15

patent law internship before law school

Postby dajja15 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:03 pm

I am a senior engineering/physics major. I am about to start doing my masters. I was wondering if there are any patent internships or anything like an internship at a patent office available before starting law school. I swear I have seen some talk of this on the forum, but I could not find it again.

Thanks!

digitalcntrl

Re: patent law internship before law school

Postby digitalcntrl » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:53 pm

dajja15 wrote:I am a senior engineering/physics major. I am about to start doing my masters. I was wondering if there are any patent internships or anything like an internship at a patent office available before starting law school. I swear I have seen some talk of this on the forum, but I could not find it again.

Thanks!

There are no internships as far as I know for those who are not in law school unless you have some kind of personal connections. Firms obviously have summer interns for law students and the patent office does offer externships for those in law school. If you are serious about getting into patent law, take the patent bar and try to get hired on as a patent agent.

Return to “Legal Employment”