Turning Down a Judge

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Turning Down a Judge

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:37 pm

I just turned down a federal judge for a couple of reasons. First of all, I have a paid offer at a AMLAW500 firm and lets face it, the money will be better. I am also holding out for an offer at an even more prestigious firm that does the kind of niche litigation I am interested in. I had an interview there and a call back and I am reasonably certain that I will receive an offer before the end of the next week. The judge was very nice and a thoughtful man but I found his educational credentials suspect. He transferred to GULC from Cardozo. He made an offer on the spot but it took it him 3 weeks to schedule an interview after receiving my resume and I found that to be entirely too long. What should I tell career services?

thesealocust

Re: Turning Down a Judge

Postby thesealocust » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:39 pm

Flame / IBTL

articulably suspect

Postby articulably suspect » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I just turned down a federal judge for a couple of reasons. First of all, I have a paid offer at a AMLAW500 firm and lets face it, the money will be better. I am also holding out for an offer at an even more prestigious firm that does the kind of niche litigation I am interested in. I had an interview there and a call back and I am reasonably certain that I will receive an offer before the end of the next week. The judge was very nice and a thoughtful man but I found his educational credentials suspect. He transferred to GULC from Cardozo. He made an offer on the spot but it took it him 3 weeks to schedule an interview after receiving my resume and I found that to be entirely too long. What should I tell career services?

Ridiculous. Flame

napolnic

Postby napolnic » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:45 pm

Just to add a smidge of use to this thread: yeah, you should never even go into an interview with a judge unless you are willing to accept a job on the spot. If you are worried about his educational background? Well, you should have known that (at least the part where he graduate from Cardozo) before you entered the room.

Return to “Legal Employment”