I have a crush on a biglaw firm

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
James Bond
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 12:53 am

Re: I have a crush on a biglaw firm

Postby James Bond » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:58 am

solidsnake wrote:LOL@ OS getting outed by the third post. At least she's not gunning for CIA.


I hope this isn't so early in the year that it will be forgotten by end-of-year-looking-back-lols

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: I have a crush on a biglaw firm

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:06 am

biv0ns wrote:
solidsnake wrote:LOL@ OS getting outed by the third post. At least she's not gunning for CIA.


I hope this isn't so early in the year that it will be forgotten by end-of-year-looking-back-lols


biv, darling, you know I can always make this thread go poof. :D

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: I have a crush on a biglaw firm

Postby vanwinkle » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:biv, darling, you know I can always make this thread go poof. :D

Yes, but what is seen cannot be unseen. :twisted:

User avatar
James Bond
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 12:53 am

Re: I have a crush on a biglaw firm

Postby James Bond » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:
biv0ns wrote:
solidsnake wrote:LOL@ OS getting outed by the third post. At least she's not gunning for CIA.


I hope this isn't so early in the year that it will be forgotten by end-of-year-looking-back-lols


biv, darling, you know I can always make this thread go poof. :D


While I appreciate the "darling" I would like to remind you that although the words may vanish the memories will (hopefully) still remain. :P

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: I have a crush on a biglaw firm

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:15 am

biv0ns wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
biv0ns wrote:
solidsnake wrote:LOL@ OS getting outed by the third post. At least she's not gunning for CIA.


I hope this isn't so early in the year that it will be forgotten by end-of-year-looking-back-lols


biv, darling, you know I can always make this thread go poof. :D


While I appreciate the "darling" I would like to remind you that although the words may vanish the memories will (hopefully) still remain. :P


At least I refrained from the copious use of <3. You must give me credit for that.

User avatar
James Bond
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 12:53 am

Re: I have a crush on a biglaw firm

Postby James Bond » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:
At least I refrained from the copious use of <3. You must give me credit for that.


Or references to a certain school in New York :P

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: I have a crush on a biglaw firm

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:20 am

biv0ns wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
At least I refrained from the copious use of <3. You must give me credit for that.


Or references to a certain school in New York :P


<3

Renzo
Posts: 4265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:23 am

Re: I have a crush on a biglaw firm

Postby Renzo » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:26 am

most importantly, this thread won't show up in your post history, even if we all know it's you.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: I have a crush on a biglaw firm

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:32 am

Renzo wrote:most importantly, this thread won't show up in your post history, even if we all know it's you.


My dear Renzo, I never confirmed it, did I? :wink:

User avatar
James Bond
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 12:53 am

Re: I have a crush on a biglaw firm

Postby James Bond » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Renzo wrote:most importantly, this thread won't show up in your post history, even if we all know it's you.


My dear Renzo, I never confirmed it, did I? :wink:


You said enough for a conviction :wink:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: I have a crush on a biglaw firm

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:37 am

biv0ns wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Renzo wrote:most importantly, this thread won't show up in your post history, even if we all know it's you.


My dear Renzo, I never confirmed it, did I? :wink:


You said enough for a conviction :wink:


So lock me up and throw away the key. :lol:

Renzo
Posts: 4265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:23 am

Re: I have a crush on a biglaw firm

Postby Renzo » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Renzo wrote:most importantly, this thread won't show up in your post history, even if we all know it's you.


My dear Renzo, I never confirmed it, did I? :wink:

I would be soooooooo impressed if it wasn't. That would mean some genius had copied the tone, voice, and style of your posts PERFECTLY!

Seems unlikely...

User avatar
James Bond
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 12:53 am

Re: I have a crush on a biglaw firm

Postby James Bond » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:
biv0ns wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Renzo wrote:most importantly, this thread won't show up in your post history, even if we all know it's you.


My dear Renzo, I never confirmed it, did I? :wink:


You said enough for a conviction :wink:


So lock me up and throw away the key. :lol:


That sounds remarkably sexual

06072010
Posts: 1468
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:30 pm

Re: I have a crush on a biglaw firm

Postby 06072010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:45 pm

OS -- next time you need to lead with some F'bombs -- really get into character. To start off, you can PM me what you want to write, and I'll translate it into PKSebben-dialect. This is a valued-added service.

jitsrenzo
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:48 am

Re: I have a crush on a biglaw firm

Postby jitsrenzo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:31 am

...........
Last edited by jitsrenzo on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

2009 Prospective
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:32 pm

Re: I have a crush on a biglaw firm

Postby 2009 Prospective » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:52 am

$1,000 says Opera ultimately ends up at a big firm rather than PI whether its this one or not

Anonymous User
Posts: 273280
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: I have a crush on a biglaw firm

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:15 am

I'm amused at how this thread has taken on a life of its own. It would be accurate to say that I'm conflicted. So many surprising things have happened this semester, and it appears I might have options I never expected would be open to me. I have always maintained that I wanted to end up at a nonprofit, either immediately or down the line. I'm interning at a wonderful organization right now, and I hope I'll get an offer and some funding from my school.

I get so much conflicting advice. It appears I might have a realistic shot at a firm like this (if those doing the hiring are willing/able to overlook my unusual UG background). I assume that my school would never have admitted me if adcomms thought I would be unemployable in the legal industry. If I am able to keep on as I have, I might be able to pay some of my debts down before exiting for a public interest job. Keep in mind, I will owe something on the order of $210,000 when I graduate.

...and PK, I should totally take you up on that. <3




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.