NY Patent/IP Firm search

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NY Patent/IP Firm search

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:16 am

I know all about NALP for big firms, but if I wanted to send cover-letters to boutiques or small firms, is there a database for that somewhere? (I know it's late to be doing this and the economy sucks, but I've got a hard science degree and figured if I'm out $40 in stamps and resume paper, so be it) The firms NALP gives me are all multi-area firms and have maybe 5/100 attorneys in their IP division, so I'm looking for a way to locate more specialized firms.

Renzo

Re: NY Patent/IP Firm search

Postby Renzo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:I know all about NALP for big firms, but if I wanted to send cover-letters to boutiques or small firms, is there a database for that somewhere? (I know it's late to be doing this and the economy sucks, but I've got a hard science degree and figured if I'm out $40 in stamps and resume paper, so be it) The firms NALP gives me are all multi-area firms and have maybe 5/100 attorneys in their IP division, so I'm looking for a way to locate more specialized firms.

Use Martindale-Hubble. You can structure a search by location, size, and practice area that would get you what you want.

Anonymous User

Re: NY Patent/IP Firm search

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:33 pm

Great, thanks!

Return to “Legal Employment”