Pestering a judge?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
DallasJosh

Pestering a judge?

Postby DallasJosh » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:34 am

I have a good connection to a judge in my hometown. I sent the judge my cover letter and resume in December and I just had a friend of his hand deliver my updated resume (after grades) to him yesterday. I'm thinking about touching base with the judge next week just to follow up, but don't want to seem like I'm pestering him. However, I also don't want to miss out on the opportunity to other 1Ls. I'm just really interesting in working close to home and getting the experience.

Thoughts?...

Big Shrimpin

Re: Pestering a judge?

Postby Big Shrimpin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:45 am

This thread title made me lolz--the title alone should be your answer.

I would relax--judges are, for the most part, extremely busy--a conservative estimate of just attorney briefs that a judge reads per day is about 50-60 pages, which is in addition to whatever else they have to do (which is alot).

It sounds like you have a good connection--so let it fly. You've done everything on your end. Take a breather.

Return to “Legal Employment”