3Ls Public Interest Commiseration/Celebration Thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
chris0805

Silver

3Ls Public Interest Commiseration/Celebration Thread

Post by chris0805 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:16 pm

I'm a current 3L looking for a public interest position (preferably in New England, but possibly NYC), and the job search is a huge stress right now. I'm hoping to find others who are going through the same process. Has the going been fairly rough so far? Have you already found something? Etc.

Right now, I'm open to almost anything. I've always had pretty broad interests, but I still have my preferences too. It's just that my biggest preference is to (1) work as a lawyer in public interest and (2) get paid :lol:, and I honestly think I'd be happy at all kinds of different jobs. What are other people out there looking for?

Ipsa Dixit

Bronze

Re: 3Ls Public Interest Commiseration/Celebration Thread

Post by Ipsa Dixit » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:32 am

I'm also a 3L with a public interest focus and I have not found employment for after I graduate. Ideally, I would prefer civil legal aid and focus on housing or public benefits though I am open to other focus areas as well. I am also looking at government positions including the public defender. I applied for several positions recently and should know by the end of the month if I will get any interviews. Fingers are crossed!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”