Summer Internships: Hospital v. Attorney General/Legal Aid Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Summer Internships: Hospital v. Attorney General/Legal Aid

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:04 pm

I am trying to choose between spending my 1L summer interning in a hospital legal department versus the AG's office or Legal Aid Office on the east coast. I am interested in both health law and litigation, and plan to practice in a firm afterward.

I do have a few firms I have interviews scheduled with and would understandably prefer a firm over the other options. I am wary of accepting the internship at the hospital before interviewing with the firms (a second interview at one firm), however wouldn't want to lose this with the nature of the economy.

Also, assuming both the hospital and the AG/Legal Aid are equally paid or unpaid, should I be leaning towards one option over the other given my desire to practice in a firm? How are these usually viewed?

MarcusAurelius

Bronze

Re: Summer Internships: Hospital v. Attorney General/Legal Aid

Post by MarcusAurelius » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:39 pm

What did you end up doing? I'm having the same issue

BeenDidThat

Silver

Re: Summer Internships: Hospital v. Attorney General/Legal Aid

Post by BeenDidThat » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:56 pm

I would go for the hospital.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”