SEC undergraduate/0L summer honors program

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
expat

SEC undergraduate/0L summer honors program

Postby expat » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:47 pm

I recently came across the SEC summer honors program (the one for undergrads/students continuing into graduate school, not current law students) and it sparked my interest as a potentially rewarding internship for the summer before law school. Does anyone have experience with this program or other similar summer opportunities that might be appealing to someone interested in studying business law?

YCrevolution

Re: SEC undergraduate/0L summer honors program

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:56 pm

expat

Postby expat » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:50 pm

Thanks for the info. Did you participate in this program, or know someone who did? Any particular feedback about which offices are more likely to make you an administrative assistant and which will be more engaging?

Thanks again.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:05 pm

If you can get this, consider it a lottery win. It's crazy competitive, but having it on your resume will carry forward.

JAP1985

Postby JAP1985 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:49 am

My close friend participated in this program. She said it was pretty competitve but she didn't do any "real" work all day, and had very limited internet access. However, almost every firm asked about it during OCIand she did well (she also had a finance background). She found it helpful and pretty much did it as another nertworking opportunity incase she struck out at OCI. GWU UG/LS.

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:06 pm

I am bumping this thread as I have a phone interview for the SEC 1L Summer Honors Program early this week. Have any other TLS users interviewed in the past? If so, would you be willing to share the structure of the interivew?

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Legal Employment”