Judicial Internships for 2L

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Judicial Internships for 2L

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:11 am

Hi,

I'm a 2L, top 1/3 at a T25 school. COmpletely struck out at OCI.

I want to work with a prosecutor after law school, but know judges give great recs.

Would a federal magistrate judge who is VERY well known in the legal community I'm in (founded multiple legal associations here, etc.) be a better internship than one with a prosecutor I actually might want to work for?

Not sure how the pecking order works with judges, or if there is a benefit to doing one or the other.

Also, will he likely give me time to decide? I've heard judges are on-the-spot and no revocation kind of people.

papercranes

Re: Judicial Internships for 2L

Postby papercranes » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:30 am

can you do both? (that is work for one over the summer and work for another during the year for school credit)
My school allows this.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:47 am

maybe, but i'm not sure if that would work time wise...I have to do full time at one place to qualify for school summer funding.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:16 am

Anyone know what would look best when it comes time to apply to a prosecutor for a real job?

Return to “Legal Employment”