Internship with bankruptcy judge Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Internship with bankruptcy judge

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:04 am

Got an interview with a federal bankruptcy court judge next week after sending out my cover letters and resume over the winter break.

Originally I was thinking my top choice would be a federal district court or state supreme court judge, because it seems more prestigious to put on your resume. But I know bankruptcy is hot right now, and it's one of the few areas for which firms seem to be hiring. Seems like the actual experience might be pretty valuable.

Thoughts? Is it an unusual destination for T10 1L, one that would raise eyebrows (in a negative way)?

Anonymous User

Re: Internship with bankruptcy judge

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:54 pm

I'd just be thankful I had an interview. No one cares what you did over your 1L summer--you just have to do something!

blackacre

New

Re: Internship with bankruptcy judge

Post by blackacre » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:59 pm

BUMP!!!

I'm in the same position. anyone have any insight?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”