Number of Clerkships (2010-11) by School?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
twistedwrister

Number of Clerkships (2010-11) by School?

Postby twistedwrister » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:52 pm

I started a similar thread several days ago, relying on data from lawclerkaddict.com. However, as many posters pointed out, the lawclerkaddict.com data is at best incomplete and at worst inaccurate. I found the following info on NYU's website:

"Due to the efforts of the Law School’s judicial clerkship program, more than 130 graduates work as clerks every year. In Fall 2010, 45 NYU Law alumni will clerk at the federal appellate level. Seven of them will, like Marwell, clerk for the District of Columbia Circuit, while 10 others will be on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Three out of 10 clerks at the Delaware Court of Chancery, the go-to court nationally for business disputes, will come from the NYU School of Law. Alumni also clerk every year at the International Court of Justice in The Hague."

http://law.nyu.edu/news/JUDICIAL_CLERKSHIP_PROGRAM

Does anyone have similar information from his/her school so that we can put together a relatively accurate list?

Anonymous User

Re: Number of Clerkships (2010-11) by School?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:54 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EE2JD

Postby EE2JD » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:51 pm

So you want to start a thread of self-reported data because of the inherent limits of lawclerkaddict's aggregation of self-reported data?

twistedwrister

Postby twistedwrister » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:So you want to start a thread of self-reported data because of the inherent limits of lawclerkaddict's aggregation of self-reported data?

Yes. I believe that lawclerkaddict's data comes from individual user submissions, while the data I'm hoping to gather in this thread would ideally come from the law schools' websites/press releases/e-mails to students, etc. Even though both data sets are "self-reported," I figure that information put out by the law schools will likely be more accurate and complete.

Thanks for the helpful comment, anonymous user.

TTT-LS

Postby TTT-LS » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:45 pm

Last edited by TTT-LS on Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jay115

Postby jay115 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:52 pm

TTT-LS wrote:What is it you are hoping to learn/accomplish through this thread?

I'm assuming OP wants to establish a thread on the number of students who have secured clerkships from their respective law schools this year, as the title of his thread seems to indicate.

Return to “Legal Employment”