Life After Biglaw?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ISquareJudd

Life After Biglaw?

Postby ISquareJudd » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:49 pm

I'll be summering at a V10, and I want to do litigation while I'm there (and, hopefully, if I'm offered to join the firm after I graduate). I want to be on the partner track, but–as most here know–that's a hard thing to do. Realistically, I would have to start the job hunt again when I'm a midlevel.

What sort of options would I have as a biglaw litigation associate? Would it be relatively easy for me to lateral to another big firm, since I'll be at a V10? I really don't want to hang my own shingle, pursue a clerkship, work for the government, or do public interest. I would be interested in going inhouse (but I hear that's hard for lit associates), or possibly working for a good litigation boutique (but aside from the big names like Susman, Barlit Beck, etc., I don't know any really prestigious ones). Anyone have advice?

XxSpyKEx

Re: Life After Biglaw?

Postby XxSpyKEx » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:18 pm

ISquareJudd wrote:Life After Biglaw?

LOL. There is no life after biglaw. All associates kill themselves. Duh.

Return to “Legal Employment”