firm holiday receptions

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
skyisthelimit

firm holiday receptions

Postby skyisthelimit » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:09 am

what happens at these things and do i need to do anything to prepare?

oneforship

Re: firm holiday receptions

Postby oneforship » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:11 am

I suggest pre-gaming. Hard.

Postby 06072010 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:11 am

don't be a wallflower, make polite conversation, don't get drunk, thank everyone (esp the recruiting person) for being invited, find people at the firm from your school.

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:12 am

PKSebben wrote:don't be a wallflower, make polite conversation, don't get drunk, thank everyone (esp the recruiting person) for being invited, find people from your school.

This is actually the real answer.

underdawg

Postby underdawg » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:42 am

basically don't have fun!!

legends159

Postby legends159 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:54 pm

Went to one the other day and talked to a few partners and associates and got an email asking to send them a resume and transcript.

Since they want a transcript as well, I'm pretty sure it wasn't my charm that got their attention since I probably have none, but the fact that I showed up, showed interest and go to a good law school.

I think these are great events to go to if you're looking for advice from attorneys. Of course IME the best advice are always from the associates who are just a few years out of law school and can keep it real with you.

My idea going into these events is not that I will get a job from them (cause there are basically none at least for someone with my lack of WE) but I can get information about the practice group, about the firm initiatives, where the firm is moving towards, diversity questions etc. that I can't get as readily from a website.

Return to “Legal Employment”