What are you experiences thus far? Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
danogbeide

New

What are you experiences thus far?

Post by danogbeide » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:16 am

For those of you who started law school in the fall'09, what are your experiences thus far? Is law school really tough? Are you doing your reading? Are you looking forward to exams in December? And do you think you may attempt to transfer out at some point, and why?

prezidentv8

Gold

Re: What are you experiences thus far?

Post by prezidentv8 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:33 am

danogbeide wrote:For those of you who started law school in the fall'09, what are your experiences thus far? Is law school really tough? Are you doing your reading? Are you looking forward to exams in December? And do you think you may attempt to transfer out at some point, and why?
Question #1 Answer: reading, drinking, outlining, E&E-ing, partying with JD students, partying with LLMs, playing softball, "campout," "homecoming," joining various clubs

Question #2 Answer: As expected

Question #3 Answer: Yup

Question #4 Answer: NO!!

Question #5 Answer: Almost no chance. I like it a ton here, and a transfer likely isn't worth it for me anyway, unless I can somehow pull YHS, which still wouldn't guarantee me actually making a move. Like I said, I like it here.

caoyun

Bronze

Post by caoyun » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:31 pm

danogbeide wrote:For those of you who started law school in the fall'09, what are your experiences thus far? Is law school really tough? Are you doing your reading? Are you looking forward to exams in December? And do you think you may attempt to transfer out at some point, and why?
1. Pretty straightforward. Go to class, go back to the dorm. Read. Watch sports center. Sleep.

2. No. At least not yet.

3. I've done all the casebook reading. My Torts professor assigns reading from "Torts Stories" which is basically a book that gives excruciating detail about particular cases. I don't bother with it... you really don't need to know that much about a given case.

4. Who looks forward to exams? Honestly, I'm not looking forward to them, but I'm not really dreading them.

5. Harvard or Yale or maybe Columbia. Harvard and Yale for.. well, prestige, Columbia for a geographic convenience.

CCA

New

Post by CCA » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:13 pm

I spend a lot of time reading, but it's not so hard or complicated. During the week, there isn't really so much free time other than to eat, do errands, or go to the gym. I am trying to outline throughout the year so there's less work later on, but that can be time consuming.

The classes aren't that hard, and I almost never get called on in class. Some people get cold called all the time, so classes might be harder for them. I'm definitely not transferring since I like the location and school.

pany1985

Bronze

Post by pany1985 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:22 pm

#1: I've been doing a lot of going to classes and reading and watching tv/movies and generally hanging out with people.

#2: No one particular thing is really that difficult to grasp once it's been explained in class. That hard part is that there are a whole hell of a lot of those particular things to remember (and apply).

#3: Not doing the reading would be unbelievably bad, so yes.

#4: No way.

#5: Nope.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Cheezboogers.

New

Post by Cheezboogers. » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:23 pm

Flame.

Mulliganstew

Bronze

Post by Mulliganstew » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:10 pm

1. It's been a difficult switch from not having to prepare for class at all to working my ass off.
2. It's certainly tougher than undergrad if only because of the extra work.
3. Yes
4. Why in the world would anyone LOOK FORWARD to exams?!
5. Nope. Even if I somehow get struck by luck lightning and end up first in my class, I don't really see a reason to leave Indiana. I like it here.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”