Chapman Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
careerchange

New

Re: Chapman Class of 2012

Post by careerchange » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:00 pm

ria29 wrote:
JOE! wrote:
BrookeB wrote:BTW what are all your thoughts on orientation? Oh man its from like 8am to 8pm for 3 days in a row. Brutal.

Anyone getting their ID card and parking permit early? Getting a locker for the year?

I still havent decided what business casual means to me. Blah. 3 solid days pretty much just means that we start school the 19th, not the 24th. haha
I highly recommend a locker... although if you don't want to pay whatever the fee is, you could just leave your books in your car.

As for business casual - assuming you're a woman, I can't help, haha.
LOL, oh goodness, for some reason I was really excited about getting a locker I didn't even think about leaving my books in my car...

and uGh, I'm in the same boat as Brooke... I have no idea what business casual is for us. I feel like it always varies from place to place/event to event so whenever it's something/somewhere new I always worry about dressing too casual or too formal. Guys ALWAYS have it easier, don't they? :wink:

I got a locker a few days ago. For $10 a locker is worth it. Even if I keep my books in my car I can keep a snack, my mirror and hair gel, etc. in my locker. For 10 bucks a year I'm sure it will come in handy more than once.

I got my ID card as well and registered my vehicle online so I just need to go pick up my parking pass when it is available.

Can you tell I'm excited??

Btw: Kidding about the mirror and hair gel.

ria29

New

Post by ria29 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:35 pm

careerchange wrote:
I got a locker a few days ago. For $10 a locker is worth it. Even if I keep my books in my car I can keep a snack, my mirror and hair gel, etc. in my locker. For 10 bucks a year I'm sure it will come in handy more than once.

I got my ID card as well and registered my vehicle online so I just need to go pick up my parking pass when it is available.

Can you tell I'm excited??

Btw: Kidding about the mirror and hair gel.
LOL, you suuuure??? :lol:

BrookeB

New

Post by BrookeB » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:11 pm

You got your stuff? Yea, I was planning on doing that tomorrow actually! I went down once before to get my ID card, but the machine was down for the day cuz they were switching something up. Going to turn in my directory information while I'm there too.

Hey, so I also registered online to pick up my parking permit like 2 days ago, however I got a mass email yesterday saying something about AFTER the 13th we can register for parking? Did they tell you that you could do it now?

SSGLawyer

New

Post by SSGLawyer » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:14 am

I would like to say hi to all. I will be attending Chapman and I'm very excited. I have been a little out of the loop this summer because I was doing some Army training in South Dakota, so I couldn't attend any of the new student events. Can't wait to meet everyone and this stuff started!

careerchange

New

Post by careerchange » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:17 am

BrookeB wrote:You got your stuff? Yea, I was planning on doing that tomorrow actually! I went down once before to get my ID card, but the machine was down for the day cuz they were switching something up. Going to turn in my directory information while I'm there too.

Hey, so I also registered online to pick up my parking permit like 2 days ago, however I got a mass email yesterday saying something about AFTER the 13th we can register for parking? Did they tell you that you could do it now?
I saw that email about the 13th as well. The guy in the public safety office told me after the 10th. And that is what is posted on the door there as well.

So I think I will call the Public Safety office on the 10th and see if they are ready. Otherwise I will wait till the 13th or 14th.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

careerchange

New

Post by careerchange » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:21 am

SSGLawyer wrote:I would like to say hi to all. I will be attending Chapman and I'm very excited. I have been a little out of the loop this summer because I was doing some Army training in South Dakota, so I couldn't attend any of the new student events. Can't wait to meet everyone and this stuff started!

Welcome!! I was out of town for the BBQ's as well. I don't know how many people were there, but I think we will have plenty of time to network and mingle at orientation.

BTW, What is your game plan at Orientation? Do you all want to find friends and groups to be in? How important do you think networking is at Orientation? For me, I think it is important, but I'm not going to force anything. I want to be around people that will pull me up, but I think that is hard to gauge on day 1-3.

BrookeB

New

Post by BrookeB » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:28 am

careerchange wrote:
SSGLawyer wrote:I would like to say hi to all. I will be attending Chapman and I'm very excited. I have been a little out of the loop this summer because I was doing some Army training in South Dakota, so I couldn't attend any of the new student events. Can't wait to meet everyone and this stuff started!

Welcome!! I was out of town for the BBQ's as well. I don't know how many people were there, but I think we will have plenty of time to network and mingle at orientation.

BTW, What is your game plan at Orientation? Do you all want to find friends and groups to be in? How important do you think networking is at Orientation? For me, I think it is important, but I'm not going to force anything. I want to be around people that will pull me up, but I think that is hard to gauge on day 1-3.
I went to the BBQ. I dont think any of the regulars on this thread aside from me went. Only like 30 people there, really small but still fun. I guess just force friendship at whatever rate is comfortable haha. Thats my game plan. It's so weird that like we all talk on here daily (just about) and yet might not ever realize that a year down the road I might be sitting next to you and never know that you were one of the like 5 of us that talk on here. In order to prevent that from happening I'll start off...my name is Brooke Buchanan, I have short-ish brown hair, green eyes, am very very pale, and I look like im closer in age to someone thats 18 (I look sooo young). When school starts I will be the one with the tiny pale pink netbook (even though I dont like the color pink very much). If i severely annoy you on this thread...well now you know who NOT to sit next to at orientation haha.

BrookeB

New

Post by BrookeB » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:28 am

btw, congrats and welcome SSG!

careerchange

New

Post by careerchange » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:33 pm

BrookeB wrote:
careerchange wrote:

I went to the BBQ. I dont think any of the regulars on this thread aside from me went. Only like 30 people there, really small but still fun. I guess just force friendship at whatever rate is comfortable haha. Thats my game plan. It's so weird that like we all talk on here daily (just about) and yet might not ever realize that a year down the road I might be sitting next to you and never know that you were one of the like 5 of us that talk on here. In order to prevent that from happening I'll start off...my name is Brooke Buchanan, I have short-ish brown hair, green eyes, am very very pale, and I look like im closer in age to someone thats 18 (I look sooo young). When school starts I will be the one with the tiny pale pink netbook (even though I dont like the color pink very much). If i severely annoy you on this thread...well now you know who NOT to sit next to at orientation haha.

Well, my name is Zach. Caucasian/Male. Short Black hair, Blue or green eyes. 6ft, 195. Yeah, I need to lose about 10-15 pounds. I look younger than I am as well. I have a little premature grey hair showing on the sides. Unfortunately.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Kings21

New

Post by Kings21 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:13 pm

hey is anyone doing the health insurance through chapman? also, we dont have to fill out that health record and examination form unless we plan on using the health center right?

careerchange

New

Post by careerchange » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:09 am

For what it's worth, I called the Public Safety office today and as long as you have registered your vehicle online you can pick up your decal/transponder (I don't know which we get, I've heard both mentioned). I heard the 13th mentioned, but the Public Safety office has always said the 10th and today they said we could come by. I will go by tomorrow.

careerchange

New

Post by careerchange » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:25 pm

careerchange wrote:For what it's worth, I called the Public Safety office today and as long as you have registered your vehicle online you can pick up your decal/transponder (I don't know which we get, I've heard both mentioned). I heard the 13th mentioned, but the Public Safety office has always said the 10th and today they said we could come by. I will go by tomorrow.

Confirmed. Got my decal and transponder today.

Kings21

New

Post by Kings21 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:35 pm

did anyone get a call from chapman stating that they were overenrolled and asking if you would like to defer until next year with a 25% scholarship?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ria29

New

Post by ria29 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:07 pm

careerchange wrote:
careerchange wrote:For what it's worth, I called the Public Safety office today and as long as you have registered your vehicle online you can pick up your decal/transponder (I don't know which we get, I've heard both mentioned). I heard the 13th mentioned, but the Public Safety office has always said the 10th and today they said we could come by. I will go by tomorrow.

Confirmed. Got my decal and transponder today.
Any idea why we get both?

Also, for the online vehicle registration, what did you guys select for "Decal Type Requested"? Barrera, Transponder, or Student-Commuter?

Sorry, confused :/
Last edited by ria29 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ria29

New

Post by ria29 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:21 pm

Kings21 wrote:did anyone get a call from chapman stating that they were overenrolled and asking if you would like to defer until next year with a 25% scholarship?
Oh no, did they call you or someone you know? And if you were called, what did you say? What happens if you say no?

I haven't received anything. I hope I don't get that call... I've already submitted pretty much everything but the health insurance stuff :(.

Kings21

New

Post by Kings21 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:32 pm

i just said no and they said ok, i asked if i was still enrolled and they said yes. he told me it was just a courteous call and that he would see me at orientation so i dont think its anything much. i have submitted everything as well so im not sure what to do now

ria29

New

Post by ria29 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:34 pm

Kings21 wrote:hey is anyone doing the health insurance through chapman? also, we dont have to fill out that health record and examination form unless we plan on using the health center right?
I'm not getting health insurance through Chapman, but if you are, I believe you do have to fill out the Health Record and Examination form regardless of your plans to use the Health Center. Info sheet (second sub-bullet) from Orientation packet:
All students insured through the University must submit a Health Record and Examination Form prior to their first semester of enrollment.
Student Health Center (714) 997-6851 to be safe :)

Sorry if my response is late and you've figured it out already, but HTH!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ria29

New

Post by ria29 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:37 pm

Kings21 wrote:i just said no and they said ok, i asked if i was still enrolled and they said yes. he told me it was just a courteous call and that he would see me at orientation so i dont think its anything much. i have submitted everything as well so im not sure what to do now
Yayy! See you at Orientation!
Haha, kinda funny how you asked if you were still enrolled. I would have been the same way... I would be like, "Sooo... [cricket]..... I'm still enrolled, right?" :D

Kings21

New

Post by Kings21 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:47 pm

ria29 wrote:
Kings21 wrote:i just said no and they said ok, i asked if i was still enrolled and they said yes. he told me it was just a courteous call and that he would see me at orientation so i dont think its anything much. i have submitted everything as well so im not sure what to do now
Yayy! See you at Orientation!
Haha, kinda funny how you asked if you were still enrolled. I would have been the same way... I would be like, "Sooo... [cricket]..... I'm still enrolled, right?" :D
yeah! well that was the first thing i thought of when he asked me so i just wanted to make sure, a school cant just withdraw an offer of acceptance anyways can they?

BrookeB

New

Post by BrookeB » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:42 pm

It was so funny/horrible because I was working and felt my phone going off and I knew it was Chapman..started joking with someone saying "ohhh nooo they are gonna tell me my acceptance was a mistake!" I finally call them back and hear the words "Excuse me..but we are over enrolled"...nearly had a heart attack haha.

I said no but does anyone know if the scholarship is for just the 1st year, or if it is for all 3 years if you keep a certain GPA or what....that could be up to $30,000......

Kings21

New

Post by Kings21 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:10 pm

BrookeB wrote:It was so funny/horrible because I was working and felt my phone going off and I knew it was Chapman..started joking with someone saying "ohhh nooo they are gonna tell me my acceptance was a mistake!" I finally call them back and hear the words "Excuse me..but we are over enrolled"...nearly had a heart attack haha.

I said no but does anyone know if the scholarship is for just the 1st year, or if it is for all 3 years if you keep a certain GPA or what....that could be up to $30,000......
i dont know about the scholarship but when i heard "we are over enrolled" i had the same reaction, that is just a horrible way to start a phone call from a school you want to attend!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JOE!

New

Post by JOE! » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:35 pm

Wow, that's crazy... I suppose it's a good sign for Chapman though, more people must be accepting offers than usual.

BrookeB

New

Post by BrookeB » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:31 pm

pshhh no way I want a smaller class haha

careerchange

New

Post by careerchange » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:30 pm

The quiet before the storm.....

Have you ever been in the eye of a hurricane? There is peace where you are, but there is trouble and storms all around you...

I feel like I'm in the eye, with the inevitable coming!! Bring it on!

BrookeB

New

Post by BrookeB » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:31 pm

Yea, agreed. I keep telling everyone that tomorrow is my 1st day, not Monday...the way I see it, we have 2 cases to memorize and are busy from 8am-8pm for the rest of the week...so ya....we start tomorrow. Very excited and very scared.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”