Cornell vs. Duke Summer Start Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
SaraBara

New

Cornell vs. Duke Summer Start

Post by SaraBara » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:04 pm

I just got admitted off Duke's waitlist for their JD/LLM in international and comparative law. I already put a deposit down at Cornell. I'm from Buffalo, so the weather isn't a big factor in my decision.

One issue is that I'm waitlisted at Harvard and Columbia, and I wanted to ride out the waitlists.

The schools are so comparable.. any opinions or info that might help would be appreciated !!!

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Re: Cornell vs. Duke Summer Start

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:05 pm

get going early at duke, dive right in.

thefinalcut

New

Post by thefinalcut » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:32 pm

This is one of the reasons for my with drawl from Duke. But if you want to ride the Columbia WL or other WL, you could ask them to switch to regular J.D. Looking back, I should have done that instead of withdrawing.

CLMoose8

New

Post by CLMoose8 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:46 pm

there was a duke vs. cornell thread somewhere but it didn't really go anywhere because it inevitably turned into a discussion about the weather:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... ke+cornell

the schools are so damn comparable that there isn't even really a decent regional argument between the two, although cornell might slightly better your chances of NY biglaw. if you are dead-set on the l.l.m., i've read that cornell has the advantage in international law, whereas duke is stronger in environmental/finance.

SaraBara

New

Post by SaraBara » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:16 pm

thefinalcut wrote:This is one of the reasons for my with drawl from Duke. But if you want to ride the Columbia WL or other WL, you could ask them to switch to regular J.D. Looking back, I should have done that instead of withdrawing.
I didn't realize that was an option. Thank you guys!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”