California Western class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
cconnoll

California Western class of 2012

Postby cconnoll » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:44 am

Make some noise! Unless I'm the only future Cal Western 1L currently on TLS.com.....

cconnoll

Re: California Western class of 2012

Postby cconnoll » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:48 pm

cconnoll

Postby cconnoll » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:28 pm

....dismal

jenlavida

Postby jenlavida » Sun May 03, 2009 8:25 pm

2012! Summer Enrichment anyone?
I'm moving down to SD this month!

cconnoll

Postby cconnoll » Mon May 04, 2009 12:34 am

jenlavida wrote:2012! Summer Enrichment anyone?
I'm moving down to SD this month!

Im moving down June 15th for Summer Enrichment too!

ria29

Postby ria29 » Mon May 04, 2009 12:43 pm

Alright, since I have a feeling I'm going to end up there -- have yet to hear from Loyola/Chapman/Southwestern and at this point expecting rejections but want/need to stay local -- wooot!!! :lol:

I'm doing my best to be able to attend Summer Enrichment, so we will see!!
Do you guys have the schedule or know where I can access it? Thanks much!

ria29

Postby ria29 » Mon May 04, 2009 12:44 pm

cconnoll wrote:....dismal

haha, aww...

cconnoll

Postby cconnoll » Mon May 04, 2009 3:33 pm

ria29 wrote:Alright, since I have a feeling I'm going to end up there -- have yet to hear from Loyola/Chapman/Southwestern and at this point expecting rejections but want/need to stay local -- wooot!!! :lol:

Call the admissions office. I did. They didnt give me alot of info on the Summer Enrichment program, other than it starts June 22nd and runs through August 2nd. I even tried to get the practice exams for the class lol but they told me I was crazy(if you pass the class with a high enough % your transcripts will read HP - honors pass...or so the admissions office said). .....Also have you checked out Southwestern yet? I know its supposedly a better school than CW, but the draconian style school/ its horrible locations scared the shit out of me. I could never ever see myself spending 3 years there.

cconnoll

Postby cconnoll » Mon May 04, 2009 6:37 pm

Anyone planning on doing Hypo's like PLS recommends?

ria29

Postby ria29 » Mon May 04, 2009 7:14 pm

cconnoll wrote:
ria29 wrote:Alright, since I have a feeling I'm going to end up there -- have yet to hear from Loyola/Chapman/Southwestern and at this point expecting rejections but want/need to stay local -- wooot!!! :lol:

Call the admissions office. I did. They didnt give me alot of info on the Summer Enrichment program, other than it starts June 22nd and runs through August 2nd. I even tried to get the practice exams for the class lol but they told me I was crazy(if you pass the class with a high enough % your transcripts will read HP - honors pass...or so the admissions office said). .....Also have you checked out Southwestern yet? I know its supposedly a better school than CW, but the draconian style school/ its horrible locations scared the shit out of me. I could never ever see myself spending 3 years there.

LOL. I'm an LA/OC girl so Southwestern and its location doesn't scare me much... I'm still waiting to hear from them though :(
*I also have to point out that I'm NOT your typical LA/OC girl, haha, just so we make that clear :mrgreen:

cconnoll

Postby cconnoll » Mon May 04, 2009 7:52 pm

ria29 wrote:
cconnoll wrote:

LOL. I'm an LA/OC girl so Southwestern and its location doesn't scare me much... I'm still waiting to hear from them though :(
*I also have to point out that I'm NOT your typical LA/OC girl, haha, just so we make that clear :mrgreen:

LoL I may be a complete Oregonian N3wb, but the OC does not seem even remotely similar to Wilshire Blvd and Southwestern....am I crazy? I havnt heard alot of negatives about Southwesterns shitty location/ horrendously ugly law school....

**Typicall LA/OC girl? Im picturing The Hills, OC, Lo and Spidey haha.. On par?

ria29

Postby ria29 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:26 pm

cconnoll wrote:

LoL I may be a complete Oregonian N3wb, but the OC does not seem even remotely similar to Wilshire Blvd and Southwestern....am I crazy? I havnt heard alot of negatives about Southwesterns shitty location/ horrendously ugly law school....

**Typicall LA/OC girl? Im picturing The Hills, OC, Lo and Spidey haha.. On par?

You are right... OC is a totally different world from Wilshire. South OC at least... there are definitely parts of northern OC that in many ways resemble Wilshire/various parts of LA, just a lot less high rises and somewhat less crime -- I grew up in both areas so I can definitely outline the differences and vouch that "the OC" is sooo not entirely what you see on TV. As for LA, I love LA... (sometimes, and only SOMETIMES, even the traffic)... I also have family and friends that used to/still live around Wilshire and I don't know, call me crazy, but I think a lot about the place adds character. And you know what they say about really shady/sketchy places in big cities -- REALLY GOOD FOOD!!! at least I think so ;)

Uhh... I'm definitely not a Lo... and I think she's far from being the worst of them all :roll:

Bhpreppy

Postby Bhpreppy » Tue May 05, 2009 1:56 pm

I think we should make a private facebook group so we can represent for class of 2012. Anyone down to take care of this?

ria29

Postby ria29 » Tue May 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Bhpreppy wrote:I think we should make a private facebook group so we can represent for class of 2012. Anyone down to take care of this?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=70890 :lol:

cconnoll

Postby cconnoll » Tue May 05, 2009 2:45 pm

Bhpreppy wrote:I think we should make a private facebook group so we can represent for class of 2012. Anyone down to take care of this?

I will tinker-around with it later on today. Im kind of a Facebook newb, but I think I can handly it. Ria29, you gotta re-up your account on facebook so that you can join the class of 2012!

ria29

Postby ria29 » Wed May 13, 2009 4:27 am

anyone going to Preview Day this Saturday?

cconnoll

Postby cconnoll » Wed May 13, 2009 11:07 am

I wish I could. Im still finishing up my under-grad @ UofO. Let us know how its like future classmate!

Bhpreppy

Postby Bhpreppy » Wed May 13, 2009 2:26 pm

ria29 wrote:anyone going to Preview Day this Saturday?

I went to the one last month, but I think I'll go to this one too. I still have some questions.

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”