U. of South Carolina class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
JMD.USMC

New

U. of South Carolina class of 2012

Post by JMD.USMC » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:19 am

Anyone already started looking for housing or roommates?
What areas in Columbia are you looking at living?

Any suggestions for rental or real estate companies in the Columbia area?

JMD.USMC

New

Re: U. of South Carolina class of 2012

Post by JMD.USMC » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:45 am

Bueller?

Bueller?

what am I the only one??

tnlawyer

New

Post by tnlawyer » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:45 am

I'm be there come Fall.

Haven't visited yet but will try this summer (i'm finishing up undergrad this summer so I won't have much time).

I'm gonna fill out that roommate request form. I'd love to find a cool roommate who wants to live in a cheap, clean, and safe place.

And congrats on getting in. I'm pretty excited.

YellowJacketJD

New

Post by YellowJacketJD » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:16 pm

Hey all. I am planning on entering USC Law this fall as well. As you can tell by my name I did my undergrad at Georgia Tech. I am a 23 year old guy from the Atlanta area.

I am pumped about law school. Does anyone have any idea what they are doing for housing? I submitted my roommate information form thing today. Any ideas on good, cheap places for a law student on loans to live?

By the way, I can't find any type of USC Law 2012 group on Facebook... should we create one? I figure the sooner we start coordinating, the better.

PS. I've been downtown in Columbia... good bar scene. And definitely a LOT more girls than Georgia Tech, ha. I figure after 4.5 years there I deserve 3 years at an SEC school ;).

JMD.USMC

New

Post by JMD.USMC » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:19 pm

I am actually looking at buying a house near the school. Once I get something secured I will be willing to take on a roommate.

How early are you all looking at moving to Columbia.
I'm traveling overseas right now, but I plan to get back to the states in late June early July. My parents live in Rock Hill, so I figure I can just commute down for a bit if I am not able to finish buying a place in time for school to start. Not the ideal situation but do able for a couple weeks.

Does anyone have any friends who are currently at USC Law?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tnlawyer

New

Post by tnlawyer » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:51 am

I won't be moving until sometime after Aug. 6th due to summer classes in order to graduate. However, I am looking for a roommate. I'll be sending in that form, along with dep., this week.

Yellow Jacket, what part of ATL do you live? I'm up off of 400. And welcome to the SEC, it's great. I'm at UT now.

YellowJacketJD

New

Post by YellowJacketJD » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:56 pm

I live in Sandy Springs. Where off of 400 are you from?

I'll probably be moving to Columbia at least a few days, maybe a week, before school starts. It just all depends on how the housing situation works out. Speaking of which, so far I've found that finding cheap housing in Columbia should be pretty easy... at least much easier and less painful than in the Atlanta area.

I don't know anyone currently at USC Law, but I do know a few USC undergraduate students. And they all love the school and the town to death.

By the way, my name is Langley if any of y'all want to Facebook me. I wasn't kidding when I said we should start getting organized on Facebook.

JMD.USMC

New

Post by JMD.USMC » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:18 am

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=70110203729

Created a Facebook group

I've never really done much with Facebook groups, but hopefully we can get the word out and get people to join.

the name is "University of South Carolina Law, Class of 2012"

Pretty creative huh.

YellowJacketJD

New

Post by YellowJacketJD » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:45 am

Sweet, I just joined the group and friended the two people in it. JMD.USMC, I assume you are James D, the creator of the group. Nice to meet you.

Let's transfer our discussion over to the facebook group, it seems to make the most sense.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MartiniJ7

New

Post by MartiniJ7 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi all! I just mailed in my deposit so i'll be seeing all of you in the fall... I'm from NC, 24, and did UNC undergrad before grad work and my job... Anyway, i'll be moving down to Columbia probably sometime around August 1. I figure I'll likely be following the guide phi alpha delta gave out about housing during the ASW, and I have a friend who worked in Cola for awhile so hopefully she'll be able to give me some pointers. If anyone wants that info just PM me or look for me on the facebook group, I'll be more than happy to share what little I know.

akahrpaperstacks

New

Post by akahrpaperstacks » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:22 pm

Hey guys,

I and 'LivinginAmerica' (although I'm not certain how often he posts anymore) are both 1L's at USC. If you have any questions, need help, etc, feel free to shoot either of us a PM and we'll do what we can.

Living in America

Bronze

Post by Living in America » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:11 pm

Yep, here I am. There is also another South Carolina Law thread here on TLS, so check that one out if you want to meet some more future students. It's not the official "Class of 2012" thread, but it has about 13 pages right now, with some information about the school and other stuff.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”