University of Richmond Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Hoo09

New

University of Richmond Class of 2012

Post by Hoo09 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:42 am

Hello everyone! :) I expect this to be pretty quiet in the end, but I thought it was worth starting.

albieman

New

Re: University of Richmond Class of 2012

Post by albieman » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:15 am

Hoo09 wrote:Hello everyone! :) I expect this to be pretty quiet in the end, but I thought it was worth starting.

Waitlisted.....but this is where I am going if I get in. Such a great school.

Hoo09

New

Post by Hoo09 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:33 am

albieman wrote:
Hoo09 wrote:Hello everyone! :) I expect this to be pretty quiet in the end, but I thought it was worth starting.

Waitlisted.....but this is where I am going if I get in. Such a great school.
Wishing you luck, you never know! :D

ruraljuror

New

Post by ruraljuror » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Has everyone joined the facebook group? I just did (on Saturday).

ajf110577

New

Post by ajf110577 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:54 pm

I'm officially a Spider as of today.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ruraljuror

New

Post by ruraljuror » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:56 pm

ajf110577 wrote:I'm officially a Spider as of today.
Congratulations!

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:29 am

yeah count me in too

ruraljuror

New

Post by ruraljuror » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:35 am

apper123 wrote:yeah count me in too
Nice! I chose it over Temple and GMU too - and I don't think we're going to be sorry.

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:46 am

ruraljuror wrote:
apper123 wrote:yeah count me in too
Nice! I chose it over Temple and GMU too - and I don't think we're going to be sorry.
Yeah. I got really excited after I picked Richmond today, so I know it was the right choice. I know I would not have felt that same excitement for Temple. Really looking forward to it, although I must admit I'm riding out two waitlists.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ruraljuror

New

Post by ruraljuror » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:50 am

apper123 wrote:
Yeah. I got really excited after I picked Richmond today, so I know it was the right choice. I know I would not have felt that same excitement for Temple. Really looking forward to it, although I must admit I'm riding out two waitlists.
Probably the same two I am (W&_s also in VA?). I got excited about it too, after my visit to Richmond I completely knew that it was the right choice, and I was totally over Temple. My visit to GMU left me with absolutely no doubt that I would've hated it. Thank god I visited, it made the choice so much easier!

ruraljuror

New

Post by ruraljuror » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:52 am

Honestly I don't think I'll come off either waitlist with as many other people who are on both of them, so I'm not even really thinking about them. Are you going to go to the ASD in June?

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:56 am

ruraljuror wrote:
apper123 wrote:
Probably the same two I am (W&_s also in VA?). I got excited about it too, after my visit to Richmond I completely knew that it was the right choice, and I was totally over Temple. My visit to GMU left me with absolutely no doubt that I would've hated it. Thank god I visited, it made the choice so much easier!
You and I sound like we are in very similar situations. Yes both the W&s. I am really excited about Richmond, however, and I think I am going to love it.

Haha to be completely honest I did not know there was such a day in June until you told me just now! I really was going to pick Temple the whole way and for some reason in the last couple days Richmond just became my clear choice. Lots of prayer and thinking helped, and I think I've absolutely made the right decision.

edit - to be completely honest when I saw you had picked Richmond, it made me feel a lot better about my decision... especially knowing someone else was in the exact same situation.

ruraljuror

New

Post by ruraljuror » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:59 am

apper123 wrote:
You and I sound like we are in very similar situations. Yes both the W&s. I am really excited about Richmond, however, and I think I am going to love it.

Haha to be completely honest I did not know there was such a day in June until you told me just now! I really was going to pick Temple the whole way and for some reason in the last couple days Richmond just became my clear choice. Lots of prayer and thinking helped, and I think I've absolutely made the right decision.
The ASD is June 5th, I'm going to fly in from California and hopefully find an apartment at the same time. I'm excited as well, it's beautiful and I got the best feeling from the school and all the people I met. Good for us!

Edit: Oh my gosh! I felt the same way when I saw you add yourself to this thread! Richmond doesn't get much attention on here, but I think it is a great school, and the opportunity to really get a great education and distinguish ourselves is there.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:04 am

Yeah, I think the reason a lot of people on TLS don't talk much about Richmond is the awful (and old) write up it has in the rankings page. That really needs to be updated.

I really underrated this school's reputation in VA a lot early in my decision process. I went to UG in VA, so I've been asking around and it is highly, highly respected in the area. Its reputation also extends into DC and down south.

ruraljuror

New

Post by ruraljuror » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:08 am

apper123 wrote:Yeah, I think the reason a lot of people on TLS don't talk much about Richmond is the awful (and old) write up it has in the rankings page. That really needs to be updated.

I really underrated this school's reputation in VA a lot early in my decision process. I went to UG in VA, so I've been asking around and it is highly, highly respected in the area. Its reputation also extends into DC and down south.
That is really great to hear, especially as I loved the area and can see myself being happy living there after I graduate. You're right, that write up is truly terrible! One of us may just have to redo it for next year!

EBrown1

New

Post by EBrown1 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:37 am

Sent an LOCI a week and a half ago and didn't get a response..no thank you email or whatev. Anyone else had this happen?

I know this is the class of 2012 page, but a girl can dream :wink:

sammyb

New

Post by sammyb » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:52 pm

hey guys

I lost my waitlist letter...would anyone mind emailing me the address we're supposed to respond to?

thanks!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ohsheila4444

New

Post by ohsheila4444 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:43 pm

Withdrew the other day so hopefully one of you guys will get in. Good Luck! :wink:

Hoo09

New

Post by Hoo09 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:25 pm

ruraljuror wrote:
apper123 wrote:Yeah, I think the reason a lot of people on TLS don't talk much about Richmond is the awful (and old) write up it has in the rankings page. That really needs to be updated.

That is really great to hear, especially as I loved the area and can see myself being happy living there after I graduate. You're right, that write up is truly terrible! One of us may just have to redo it for next year!
Just wanted to say hi and I'm glad to see you two! Glad I'm not the only one here, lol. :) And good luck to anyone on the waitlist, it looks like they're really planning on using it this year to admit people! I am definitely going to the ASD so I hope to see you guys there!

ETA: Another person on both of the W& waitlists, lol. But I don't plan on waiting on them..the decision works out for me for multiple reasons and I honestly don't think I'd be happy at either of the W&s due to their locations. I am not a huge fan of either area.

ruraljuror

New

Post by ruraljuror » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:35 pm

Hey Hoo! I'll be at the ASD too, and it should be fun. You should put your name on the TLS Class of 2012 list, I'm the only one on it for Richmond, and I'm starting to feel a little lonely!

Hoo09

New

Post by Hoo09 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:32 pm

ruraljuror wrote:Hey Hoo! I'll be at the ASD too, and it should be fun. You should put your name on the TLS Class of 2012 list, I'm the only one on it for Richmond, and I'm starting to feel a little lonely!
There we go! :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ajf110577

New

Post by ajf110577 » Sun May 03, 2009 8:28 pm

Anyone looking for roommates?

It seems to me that the best way to go about the housing process is to first find roommates and then to look for a place that we all agree on, rather than the other way around. So a little about myself: I did my undergrad at UR, graduating in 2004 with a degree in Political Science, and have since worked a bunch of different jobs in a bunch of different places, none of which related to political science in any way. Most notably, I spent a year in an AmeriCorps program as a literacy tutor in an elementary school in California. I'm looking for a place to share with 1-3 others, preferably in the West End (although a good deal in the fan would be tempting), and cheap. I really don't want to spend any more than $500 a month on rent. I plan on studying A LOT, but I also enjoy hanging out and having fun as much as the next guy. Send me a PM or an email at andrew_fulwider@yahoo.com if you're interested in finding a place.

ajf110577

New

Post by ajf110577 » Sun May 31, 2009 7:12 pm

i killed this thread, huh?

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:18 am

It seems you did! haha.

Who is going this weekend?

Hoo09