University of Tennessee Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
fordtheriver

New

Re: University of Tennessee Class of 2012

Post by fordtheriver » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:56 pm

By April 15th we just have to tell them we are coming right? No money yet?

Rocky Estoppel

Bronze

Post by Rocky Estoppel » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:47 pm

fordtheriver wrote:By April 15th we just have to tell them we are coming right? No money yet?
Correct.

Is there Bus Transportation that can take us near the law school so we don't have to worry about parking? If so how far does it reach out into Knoxville and how late does it run?

funkblaster

New

Post by funkblaster » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:30 pm

kak23 wrote:
fordtheriver wrote:By April 15th we just have to tell them we are coming right? No money yet?
Correct.

Is there Bus Transportation that can take us near the law school so we don't have to worry about parking? If so how far does it reach out into Knoxville and how late does it run?
There is bus transportation available. That's about all I know. Well, I have heard people complain that it doesn't run very late. That's just what I've heard. You can probably look online. The free route around campus is called the orange line. Knoxville Areal Transit (KAT) is the main public transit. People say it's fine. I've never ridden it, though.

orangeswarm

Bronze

Post by orangeswarm » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:48 pm

Just go to school early and find a place on the street. Then you don't even have to worry about public transportation. If you get there late, you can still find a place to park, but it will likely be at a metered spot or some other illegal parking job. If it is at a meter, the tickets are only $10. That means you can get 20+ and still not have paid as much as a parking pass!

Rocky Estoppel

Bronze

Post by Rocky Estoppel » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:05 am

orangeswarm wrote:Just go to school early and find a place on the street. Then you don't even have to worry about public transportation. If you get there late, you can still find a place to park, but it will likely be at a metered spot or some other illegal parking job. If it is at a meter, the tickets are only $10. That means you can get 20+ and still not have paid as much as a parking pass!
:lol:

Awesome.

Just as long as they don't tow your car.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

orangeswarm

Bronze

Post by orangeswarm » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:56 pm

kak23 wrote:
orangeswarm wrote:Just go to school early and find a place on the street. Then you don't even have to worry about public transportation. If you get there late, you can still find a place to park, but it will likely be at a metered spot or some other illegal parking job. If it is at a meter, the tickets are only $10. That means you can get 20+ and still not have paid as much as a parking pass!
:lol:

Awesome.

Just as long as they don't tow your car.
Nah, You'll be fine. The only time you get towed is if you park in an obvious "No Parking" area. That being said, you will see a lot of people park in the no parking area on the street behind the law school........don't fall into that trap. About twice a semester, you see people frantically running out back trying to move their cars before they get towed.

optimusbjork

New

Post by optimusbjork » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:56 pm

Yeah, it can be really random. You can go weeks parking illegally with no tickets and then suddenly you'll get ticketed several days in a row. A friend of mine got two tickets in one day a few weeks ago. Usually when they do a sweep they'll mainly ticket people at unpaid meter spots.

And yes, definitely do NOT park in the no parking zone behind the law school no matter how many cars you see parked there.

Also, the guy who owns the surface pay lot around the corner (James Agee & Clinch) will boot your car within minutes if you don't pay for the spot. He has a guy who sits across the street watching for people trying to get away with not paying the $5 fee for all-day parking.

Hudda Budda

New

Post by Hudda Budda » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:58 am

optimusbjork wrote:Yeah, it can be really random. You can go weeks parking illegally with no tickets and then suddenly you'll get ticketed several days in a row. A friend of mine got two tickets in one day a few weeks ago. Usually when they do a sweep they'll mainly ticket people at unpaid meter spots.

And yes, definitely do NOT park in the no parking zone behind the law school no matter how many cars you see parked there.

Also, the guy who owns the surface pay lot around the corner (James Agee & Clinch) will boot your car within minutes if you don't pay for the spot. He has a guy who sits across the street watching for people trying to get away with not paying the $5 fee for all-day parking.

the fat guy in the van? i hate him. he's booted me a couple of times within minutes when i was just running into knoxville place for just a few minutes. ugh.

optimusbjork

New

Post by optimusbjork » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:15 pm

Hudda Budda wrote:the fat guy in the van? i hate him. he's booted me a couple of times within minutes when i was just running into knoxville place for just a few minutes. ugh.
Haha, yes that's the one. Dude is ruthless! Sorry you got the boot.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rocky Estoppel

Bronze

Post by Rocky Estoppel » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:15 pm

Has anyone sent (emailed/mailed) an intent to attend? I'll probably email them tomorrow about that along with withdrawing from the rest of my schools that I don't plan on attending.

Hudda Budda

New

Post by Hudda Budda » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:01 pm

kak23 wrote:Has anyone sent (emailed/mailed) an intent to attend? I'll probably email them tomorrow about that along with withdrawing from the rest of my schools that I don't plan on attending.
i already mailed them.

Rocky Estoppel

Bronze

Post by Rocky Estoppel » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:13 pm

Hudda Budda wrote:
kak23 wrote:Has anyone sent (emailed/mailed) an intent to attend? I'll probably email them tomorrow about that along with withdrawing from the rest of my schools that I don't plan on attending.
i already mailed them.
Did you get a response email?

Lawlexi5

New

Post by Lawlexi5 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:50 am

Just got back from Knoxville this morning---had an AWESOME time and handed in my deposit and letter of intent while I was there. It felt momentous physically handing my check to Carolyn in the Admissions Office. UT 2012!!!

...then I went and bought a Tennessee Law sweatshirt :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rocky Estoppel

Bronze

Post by Rocky Estoppel » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:39 pm

Just sent my intent to enroll email.

Hudda Budda

New

Post by Hudda Budda » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:11 pm

I didn't, but I did talk to someone in their office and they said they got it.

btw, is there a facebook group for the class of 12?

Rocky Estoppel

Bronze

Post by Rocky Estoppel » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:42 pm

Hudda Budda wrote:I didn't, but I did talk to someone in their office and they said they got it.

btw, is there a facebook group for the class of 12?
No, but there are groups from previous years, I think they're just student initiated...start one up someone...

About the intent to enroll:

Did you just email? That's what I did, just want to make sure I don't lose my seat tomorrow. I'll probably give them a call in the morning.

I just got my 2nd email returned to me. I never had a problem emailing them before this. I sent one directly to a person in admissions this time and I'll have to call tomorrow to make sure it's on file.

Rocky Estoppel

Bronze

Post by Rocky Estoppel » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:25 pm

It looks like I'm going to send a fax out tomorrow because the 3rd email I sent got returned to me. :evil:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Hudda Budda

New

Post by Hudda Budda » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:33 pm

I sent it my snail mail last friday. I talked to someone in emails, but it didn't seem official so I called again today. I gave them my social and they said they got it, so I'm done!

Volgirl24

New

Post by Volgirl24 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:11 pm

someone should definitely start a facebook group!

johngentree

New

Post by johngentree » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:16 pm

is the job market in knoxville any good right now?

I hear they are opening a toilet school in downtown called LMU or something like that ($84k to get a JD). They are going to flood the local market ugh 8)

optimusbjork

New

Post by optimusbjork » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:33 pm

johngentree wrote:is the job market in knoxville any good right now?

I hear they are opening a toilet school in downtown called LMU or something like that ($84k to get a JD). They are going to flood the local market ugh 8)

I wouldn't count on it. The local firms are very, very loyal to UT. LMU isn't accredited anyway.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Hudda Budda

New

Post by Hudda Budda » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:18 am

optimusbjork wrote:
johngentree wrote:is the job market in knoxville any good right now?

I wouldn't count on it. The local firms are very, very loyal to UT. LMU isn't accredited anyway.
If anything it would only make us look better.

I nominate volgirl to make the facebook group, since you seem to be making the threads and what not. I'm too lazy to make a facebook group.

But if no one does it, I'll do it.

EDIT: nvm I'm doing it. I'll post a link here when I'm done.

Hudda Budda

New

Post by Hudda Budda » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:29 am

Okay, yay, here it is. I just copied what the previous class has so...enjoy.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=69122937498

Hudda Budda

New

Post by Hudda Budda » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:26 pm

...anyone? anyone?

...i just feel foolish sitting in a group by myself.

Lawlexi5

New

Post by Lawlexi5 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:00 pm

Done and done...I suppose we'll all learn each other's secret identities now...ha.

Thanks, Hudda (or should I say... :wink:)!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”