Penn State Dickinson School of Law 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Clever username

New

Re: Penn State Dickinson School of Law 2012

Post by Clever username » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:27 am

Early orientation info, for those interested: http://www.dsl.psu.edu/stuservices/orientation09.cfm

arich24

New

Post by arich24 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:48 am

Hey lawyer 180!

I'm not too familiar with UP...though I have heard the name Whitecourse from several UP students in my class...so it must be the place to live. And I think $700 including everything sounds about right for a college campus. Carlisle, of course, is a bit cheaper, and I know people who are paying $580 + utilities...so, I think you got a good deal!

goansongo

New

Post by goansongo » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:28 am

Are any of you guys living off campus? Or are the majority of you planning to live at the White Court apartments?

SoxyPirate

Bronze

Post by SoxyPirate » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:32 am

goansongo wrote:Are any of you guys living off campus? Or are the majority of you planning to live at the White Court apartments?
off campus here...

Clever username

New

Post by Clever username » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:12 pm

SoxyPirate wrote:
goansongo wrote:Are any of you guys living off campus? Or are the majority of you planning to live at the White Court apartments?
off campus here...
Where, if you don't mind sharing? I've been wondering if I'll have any law student neighbors.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SoxyPirate

Bronze

Post by SoxyPirate » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:17 pm

Clever username wrote:
SoxyPirate wrote:
off campus here...
Where, if you don't mind sharing? I've been wondering if I'll have any law student neighbors.
Ashworth Woods with at least one other TLS'er (not together, our families are staying in the same complex though..)

Clever username

New

Post by Clever username » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:26 pm

Never even heard of it. How far is that from school?

SoxyPirate

Bronze

Post by SoxyPirate » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:30 am

It's in nearby Boalsburg, straight out of town on Atherton. It's 6 miles from the complex to the law school.

It's government subsidized so it's the cheapest place we could find, even with 4 (tiny) BR and 2 1/2 baths!

Take a look at Park Crest Terrace. My wife and I liked it there. We went with Ashwort because it's a bit farther away from campus and a little quieter for not much more $$$, but Park Crest has smaller places for a little cheaper. You can get a 2 BR there for ~700 if I remember correctly.

SoxyPirate

Bronze

Post by SoxyPirate » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:38 pm

OK, so I'm guessing you all got the email about financial aid/tuition just now.

Here's my question: It says that tuition will be due two weeks after orientation, i.e., 1 week after classes begin.

However, it also say that financial aid isn't disbursed until 2 weeks after classes start.

Anyone know the deal?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Clever username

New

Post by Clever username » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:22 pm

SoxyPirate wrote:OK, so I'm guessing you all got the email about financial aid/tuition just now.

Here's my question: It says that tuition will be due two weeks after orientation, i.e., 1 week after classes begin.

However, it also say that financial aid isn't disbursed until 2 weeks after classes start.

Anyone know the deal?
You must have read it wrong. Tuition is due the weekend of Sept. 5-6 -- two weeks after the weekend before classes start, as the e-mail says -- and the financial aid will be disbursed during the second week of classes, which is the week of Aug. 31-Sept. 4.

SoxyPirate

Bronze

Post by SoxyPirate » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:54 pm

Clever username wrote:
SoxyPirate wrote:OK, so I'm guessing you all got the email about financial aid/tuition just now.

Anyone know the deal?
You must have read it wrong. Tuition is due the weekend of Sept. 5-6 -- two weeks after the weekend before classes start, as the e-mail says -- and the financial aid will be disbursed during the second week of classes, which is the week of Aug. 31-Sept. 4.
Thanks. I shouldn't post from work;)

However, it does say that the earliest it will be disbursed is during the second week of class. In grad school last year my school was late getting financial aid out and some people had their schedules canceled. It was a logistical nightmare. They corrected it the next semester by extending the due date for people with pending financial aid.

orange

New

Post by orange » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:51 pm

I recently withdrew from Penn State at Carlisle, so hopefully that will bump somebody else in.

IF ANYONE NEEDS A PLACE TO STAY IN CARLISLE, I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO RENT THE APARTMENT I WAS PLANNING ON LIVING IN!!

I won't put an ad on here, because I don't feel this is the place for it, so PM me or email me if you want more information.
Just a few words about it without turning into an ad:
It is a great street, great building, great landlord, great price, and VERY close to the school.
I printed out every listing under $600 listed on the PS Carlisle housing list and checked out all the places. This is truly the best place you're going to get for the price. I was extremely excited to get the place, and I know someone else will be just as happy.
PM me on here or email me at leigh.marc@yahoo.com for more info.
-Nick

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:30 pm

I to am withdrawing on Monday, hopefully someone who wants it gets it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

orange

New

Post by orange » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:55 pm

If anyone is realizing they hate where they live, my apartment is astonishingly still available! :D

colelaw

New

Post by colelaw » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:30 pm

Hi all,

I'm currently looking at penn state law for the class of 2013, if there are any current students on here i would really appreciate any insight you can provide into life at penn state and whether or not you are happy with your decision.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”