Wake Forest Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
taylorn
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:27 am

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby taylorn » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:34 am

LSATfromNC wrote:I just found out, I'm in! Doubt I will get any scholarship as I am 159/3.6, are any of you hesitant about taking out such large loans?


I didn't get and scholarships either.

I am nervous, not hesitant. Just concerned it might hurt down the road, but its worth the degree and education.

User avatar
hokieKS
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:26 pm

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby hokieKS » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:22 pm

I'm for sure going to Wake as well! Sent in my seat deposit about a week ago. At first I was on the fence about Wake, George Mason, W&M and Maryland...but went to the admissions session on March 6th and fell in love! Wake reminded me a lot of where I went to undergrad (beautiful campus, amazing people, etc)--I think someone already said it but I definitely agree: it feels like you would really be part of a family at Wake. Luckily I got a scholarship, otherwise the tuition would have put Wake out of my price range.

So I'm definitely stoked to be a Demon Deacon (even though they wreaked a little bit of havoc on my bracket!) so I guess it's time now to start figuring out housing and what not.

User avatar
whenpigsfly
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:40 am

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby whenpigsfly » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:16 pm

Hi class of 2012! Class of 2011 here. Let me know if you have any questions about anything! (because answering your questions is much more fun than prepping for finals.)
taylorn wrote:Wake's basketball team should be pre-season Top 5 next year, if everyone comes back.

At this point, word on the street is Johnson is gone for sure. Teague and Aminu were planning on leaving, they haven't "officially" decided yet. After the second half of Teague's season, I don't know who would want him. But, as law students, we get free football and basketball tickets, which is a pretty sweet deal.

User avatar
katiebth
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby katiebth » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:29 pm

tchadwick wrote:I am ALMOST ready to send in the deposit... I am holding out on one more opportunity from a different school, but if I don't hear from them by April 1st, then I will be committing to Wake Forest for sure.


I'll most likely see you in the fall :) As for seat deadline, I thought it was on the 15th? Is there an additional 4/1 commit date? Or is that a personal call?

User avatar
tchadwick
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby tchadwick » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:38 pm

katiebth wrote:
tchadwick wrote:I am ALMOST ready to send in the deposit... I am holding out on one more opportunity from a different school, but if I don't hear from them by April 1st, then I will be committing to Wake Forest for sure.


I'll most likely see you in the fall :) As for seat deadline, I thought it was on the 15th? Is there an additional 4/1 commit date? Or is that a personal call?



April 1st is the commitment deadline for scholarships (at least the first batch that was awarded, it's probably later for any subsequent offers).

User avatar
katiebth
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby katiebth » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:13 pm

tchadwick wrote:
katiebth wrote:
tchadwick wrote:I am ALMOST ready to send in the deposit... I am holding out on one more opportunity from a different school, but if I don't hear from them by April 1st, then I will be committing to Wake Forest for sure.


I'll most likely see you in the fall :) As for seat deadline, I thought it was on the 15th? Is there an additional 4/1 commit date? Or is that a personal call?



April 1st is the commitment deadline for scholarships (at least the first batch that was awarded, it's probably later for any subsequent offers).


That makes perfect sense. They will be reviewing the new batch for scholarships beginning April. Which is somewhat concerning (I imagine they would be hard pressed to decide who gets the remaining scholarships before the 4/15 commit date).

User avatar
katiebth
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby katiebth » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:02 pm

Has anyone googled the "suggested reading" list? WF seems to be keeping the 1968 books alive through amazon.com. ("PPl also bought..." for some books consisted solely of WF's list.)

taylorn
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:27 am

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby taylorn » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:19 pm

katiebth wrote:Has anyone googled the "suggested reading" list? WF seems to be keeping the 1968 books alive through amazon.com. ("PPl also bought..." for some books consisted solely of WF's list.)


No...I probably should.

I pulled out my old Business Law textbook from undergrad which is basically a crash course on Torts. Figured I should knock the dust off that sucker.

User avatar
The Zeppelin
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby The Zeppelin » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:30 pm

I just withdrew from WFU. :(

taylorn
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:27 am

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby taylorn » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:05 am

The Zeppelin wrote:I just withdrew from WFU. :(


Why? and for Whom? Just curious

User avatar
The Zeppelin
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby The Zeppelin » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:44 am

taylorn wrote:
The Zeppelin wrote:I just withdrew from WFU. :(


Why? and for Whom? Just curious

My scholarship wasn't significant enough to warrant a move to Winston-Salem. Most likely UNC (I live in the area).

User avatar
ClemsonGrad
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby ClemsonGrad » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:36 am

I am hoping that those of us without a scholarship can pick one up this coming week. I am pretty much decided on Wake right now, and would kill for a scholarship.

User avatar
tchadwick
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby tchadwick » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:25 pm

To update -- I just dropped off an envelope to Wake at the post office over my lunch break containing my seat deposit and letter of commitment ! It's official. I'm a Deac.

:mrgreen:

tiger87
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:05 am

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby tiger87 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:41 pm

taylorn wrote:
tchadwick wrote:
taylorn wrote:Congrats. Not sure when I plan on making the move. But I won't know a soul in the area either.

I think in June during the House Hunt weekend they have some socials planned, like going to a baseball game, etc. Should be a good way to meet people.

Where are you from Chadwick?


Hailing from Kansas City. I see that you are from Georgia. You southerners will have to help a Midwestern girl adjust!


Haha I actually think most of our class will be from the Northeast, but could be wrong. Either way you will enjoy the weather. Winston-Salem is close to the beach and the mountains, so plenty to do besides what the city has to offer.

I studied abroad through KU so I have a bunch of friends from the KC area.



close to the beach? Ever been to winston?

taylorn
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:27 am

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby taylorn » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:27 pm

tiger87 wrote:
taylorn wrote:
tchadwick wrote:
taylorn wrote:Congrats. Not sure when I plan on making the move. But I won't know a soul in the area either.

I think in June during the House Hunt weekend they have some socials planned, like going to a baseball game, etc. Should be a good way to meet people.

Where are you from Chadwick?


Hailing from Kansas City. I see that you are from Georgia. You southerners will have to help a Midwestern girl adjust!


Haha I actually think most of our class will be from the Northeast, but could be wrong. Either way you will enjoy the weather. Winston-Salem is close to the beach and the mountains, so plenty to do besides what the city has to offer.

I studied abroad through KU so I have a bunch of friends from the KC area.


close to the beach? Ever been to winston?


Have you ever lived in Kansas? Have you ever lived in Atlanta? Have you ever lived in any part of the country more than 5 hours from the coast? I am guessing NO?? haha

taylorn
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:27 am

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby taylorn » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:28 pm

tchadwick wrote:To update -- I just dropped off an envelope to Wake at the post office over my lunch break containing my seat deposit and letter of commitment ! It's official. I'm a Deac.

:mrgreen:


Are you supposed to write a letter of commitment? I just paid my deposit at the ASD....ooops!

User avatar
tchadwick
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby tchadwick » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:56 pm

taylorn wrote:
tchadwick wrote:To update -- I just dropped off an envelope to Wake at the post office over my lunch break containing my seat deposit and letter of commitment ! It's official. I'm a Deac.

:mrgreen:


Are you supposed to write a letter of commitment? I just paid my deposit at the ASD....ooops!



In your initial acceptance package, there is a page titled "Welcome Newly Admitted". The first subheading is "Admissions Deposit and Commitment Letter". Under that, it says to send two things by the date listed on your acceptance letter: a $300 non-refundable admissions deposit & a "letter stating your intention to attend". And it says to send in your Dean's Certification, too, but the deadline for that isn't until July 14th.

So, I would send one, just to be all official and such -- although I wouldn't think that they would too worried about it, if you paid them your money!

User avatar
tchadwick
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby tchadwick » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:53 pm

Okay, I just officially withdrew from all of my other schools. It was so hard to click those "send" buttons! There goes the safety net...

I'm staying on the William & Mary waitlist (along with the population equivalent of a small country, I believe), but chances are slim to none that anything will come of that.

Sorry about the frequent posts of virtually little development. This whole thing is such a crazy process. I am nervous but excited!

User avatar
katiebth
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby katiebth » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:14 pm

tchadwick wrote:Okay, I just officially withdrew from all of my other schools. It was so hard to click those "send" buttons! There goes the safety net...

I'm staying on the William & Mary waitlist (along with the population equivalent of a small country, I believe), but chances are slim to none that anything will come of that.

Sorry about the frequent posts of virtually little development. This whole thing is such a crazy process. I am nervous but excited!

Ditto. Except, I still need to officially withdraw - totally scary. One perk of the "south" - I may just bring my little car with me (on the assumption that I will not drive, at any time, through the snow).

taylorn
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:27 am

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby taylorn » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:09 am

bump

User avatar
hokieKS
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:26 pm

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby hokieKS » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:53 pm

I know a few have answered, but to reiterate taylorn's question: Where is everyone from? Who all is for sure coming to Wake?

User avatar
tchadwick
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby tchadwick » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:32 pm

Hey there, anyone who has decided on Wake, come and represent on this thread
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=47141 !!

Also,
hokieKS wrote:I know a few have answered, but to reiterate taylorn's question: Where is everyone from? Who all is for sure coming to Wake?

I am one of those people who has already answered (Nebraska/Missouri), but I was wondering where you are coming from, hokieKS? Living in Kansas City, of course the first thing I would think of the 'KS' in your name would be the state of Kansas. But, then, the 'hokie' part seems to point to Virginia... hmm.. please elaborate!

User avatar
hokieKS
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:26 pm

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby hokieKS » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:02 pm

tchadwick wrote:Hey there, anyone who has decided on Wake, come and represent on this thread
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=47141 !!

Also,
hokieKS wrote:I know a few have answered, but to reiterate taylorn's question: Where is everyone from? Who all is for sure coming to Wake?

I am one of those people who has already answered (Nebraska/Missouri), but I was wondering where you are coming from, hokieKS? Living in Kansas City, of course the first thing I would think of the 'KS' in your name would be the state of Kansas. But, then, the 'hokie' part seems to point to Virginia... hmm.. please elaborate!



Haha didn't even think about that when I made it--you're right with the Virginia part, tchadwick , but KS are initials. Not Kansas--sorry to get your hopes up! So that's a pretty big move from Kansas to Carolina--are you nervous? What made you decide to make such a big change?

User avatar
tchadwick
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby tchadwick » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:38 pm

hokieKS wrote:Haha didn't even think about that when I made it--you're right with the Virginia part, tchadwick , but KS are initials. Not Kansas--sorry to get your hopes up! So that's a pretty big move from Kansas to Carolina--are you nervous? What made you decide to make such a big change?


A little nervous, but mostly excited. My husband and I have lived in the Midwest our entire lives, and we are feeling rather adventurous. We really liked the South Atlantic region when we have been out there to visit, so it was definitely the area where I chose to submit most of my law school applications. Just felt it was a good fit. Nice mix politically, lots of interesting history around, decent arts scene, great moderate weather. Near the beach and the mountains, relative to where we live now, at least. We were hoping to relocate to either the Virginia/North Carolina area, or, on the flip side, to Oregon. And Wake just seemed like the best opportunity that I ended up with. I really liked the school when I visited. I'm not super wild about WInston-Salem yet, but I think it may grow on us. Actually, location-wise, we were really digging Richmond, VA. But, we thought Wake was more appealing as a school. So, we decided on there! We've already signed a lease for a condo not far from the school, and we are moving at the beginning of July. North Carolina, here we come!

dkm3313
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:41 pm

Re: Wake Forest Class of 2012

Postby dkm3313 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:46 am

Just wanted to let you all know that Wake has a list of housing options on their website: http://law.wfu.edu/welcome/housing/

If there are any females looking for roommates, there is a good option towards the bottom of the listing with Elise: a 4 bedroom house close to campus. It's $300/month and if you're not planning to stay for the summer, you don't have to pay (lease is flexible). 2 bedrooms are still open. Elise is a rising 3L and I'm a rising 1L.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest