WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Eleanor_Rigby

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby Eleanor_Rigby » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:38 pm

I am having a very hard time getting emails answered at the school so I will just ask on here...

Was the admission's packet two pages of paper and a flashdrive for everyone? The only other thing I've gotten from the school is my financial aid folder. I am a bit surprised they don't ask for immunization records. Also, it doesn't mention (possibly because nothing I have gotten is addressed specifically to me) that they need my graduate school transcript; is that correct?

And has anyone gotten an actual username for the website? I just have a generic one for http://law.wustl.edu/Admissions/admitted/ and want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Ali

Postby Ali » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:53 pm

Eleanor_Rigby wrote:I am having a very hard time getting emails answered at the school so I will just ask on here...

Was the admission's packet two pages of paper and a flashdrive for everyone? The only other thing I've gotten from the school is my financial aid folder. I am a bit surprised they don't ask for immunization records. Also, it doesn't mention (possibly because nothing I have gotten is addressed specifically to me) that they need my graduate school transcript; is that correct?

And has anyone gotten an actual username for the website? I just have a generic one for http://law.wustl.edu/Admissions/admitted/ and want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I've been admitted since Feb. and the user name is still the generic one. With regards to the admissions packet, I don't have anything else besides the original "Congrats" letter from the Dean along with the flash drive, the scholarship award and the financial aid folder. So it looks like you have what I have. If I were you I would send them your grad school transcript.

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:18 pm

My mom asked me today what I will miss most about not returning home to St. Louis. Without thinking, I responded "those midnight car rides across the bridge." It's a good think that she assumed that I was making reference to the riverboats. Realizing what I had said, I quickly corrected myself and responded "being able to live at home."

Ali

Postby Ali » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:53 pm

chadwick218 wrote:My mom asked me today what I will miss most about not returning home to St. Louis. Without thinking, I responded "those midnight car rides across the bridge." It's a good think that she assumed that I was making reference to the riverboats. Realizing what I had said, I quickly corrected myself and responded "being able to live at home."

I'm reeally going to miss my mom's cooking. :| :(

rhit2004

Postby rhit2004 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:37 am

Eleanor_Rigby wrote:I am having a very hard time getting emails answered at the school so I will just ask on here...

The e-mail containing username and password to the school's network came on July 21 last year. That e-mail also contained your e-mail information and other random things like parking info.

Last year the health information was done via an electronic webform (info in e-mail mentioned above). I know there was no physical or doctor's signatures required and that it was just a bunch of questions. (http://shs.wustl.edu/incomingstudents.htm)

rhit2004

Postby rhit2004 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:01 am

For those of you interested, the class schedule for incoming 1Ls is posted. You don't know what section you are in yet but you can see when each section's classes will meet and who the professors are. I am sure there are likely to be minor changes but I know it was fun and exciting last year when I was an incoming 1L each time a new piece of information was available.

--LinkRemoved--

gk101

Postby gk101 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:29 am

rhit2004 wrote:For those of you interested, the class schedule for incoming 1Ls is posted. You don't know what section you are in yet but you can see when each section's classes will meet and who the professors are. I am sure there are likely to be minor changes but I know it was fun and exciting last year when I was an incoming 1L each time a new piece of information was available.

--LinkRemoved--

Thanks for this!

For those that have sent in their Title IV Funds Usage Authorization Form, which address did you send it to? (office of Financial aid @ one brookings drive or the address written at the bottom of the form (700 Rosedale) )

ksp405

Postby ksp405 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:01 pm

nothing earlier than 9am, so relieved...

WassAnch

Postby WassAnch » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:42 pm

gk101 wrote:
rhit2004 wrote:For those of you interested, the class schedule for incoming 1Ls is posted. You don't know what section you are in yet but you can see when each section's classes will meet and who the professors are. I am sure there are likely to be minor changes but I know it was fun and exciting last year when I was an incoming 1L each time a new piece of information was available.

--LinkRemoved--

Thanks for this!

For those that have sent in their Title IV Funds Usage Authorization Form, which address did you send it to? (office of Financial aid @ one brookings drive or the address written at the bottom of the form (700 Rosedale) )

I sent mine to the law school's financial aid office. I'm not sure, but I think that the address on the bottom of the form was for the UG office. Could be wrong though.

Ali

Postby Ali » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:10 pm

ksp405 wrote:nothing earlier than 9am, so relieved...

+1

rhit2004

Postby rhit2004 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:35 pm

Ali wrote:
ksp405 wrote:nothing earlier than 9am, so relieved...

+1

You will be extra excited to know that the earliest class on that schedule is really 9:08 because classes generally begin 8 minutes after the posted time (with a few exceptions).

seatown12

Postby seatown12 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:41 pm

"E" doesn't have class before 10 and "D4" doesn't have anything on Fridays...

thanks rhit2004

bigdtrain

Postby bigdtrain » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:51 pm

Seatown, I took notice of that too brotha.

But, on the flipside D4 is stuck at effin school until 430 on a couple days. Which I am sure would make mon/tues/wed = hell. Haha I think anyway you look at it you need to consider next semester not as just school but as an actual job. A 70 hr a week job that lets you drink during daytime hours.

Eleanor_Rigby

Postby Eleanor_Rigby » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:29 am

rhit2004 wrote:

The e-mail containing username and password to the school's network came on July 21 last year. That e-mail also contained your e-mail information and other random things like parking info.

Last year the health information was done via an electronic webform (info in e-mail mentioned above). I know there was no physical or doctor's signatures required and that it was just a bunch of questions. (http://shs.wustl.edu/incomingstudents.htm)

Thanks for the info! I guess a month before orientation is enough time to get everything in order.

Eleanor_Rigby

Postby Eleanor_Rigby » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:31 am

Ali wrote:

I've been admitted since Feb. and the user name is still the generic one. With regards to the admissions packet, I don't have anything else besides the original "Congrats" letter from the Dean along with the flash drive, the scholarship award and the financial aid folder. So it looks like you have what I have. If I were you I would send them your grad school transcript.

Ok. I will stop freaking out then. I just got so much more info from the other schools I was accepted to it seems weird to only have a couple of pieces of paper from WUSTL. Oh well, I support paper reduction acts.

Eleanor_Rigby

Postby Eleanor_Rigby » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:32 am

--LinkRemoved--

Care to give us the lowdown on any of these profs?

Eleanor_Rigby

Postby Eleanor_Rigby » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:43 am

gk101 wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

Thanks for this!

I faxed it to the number on the bottom. I am assuming that there is just one accounting department for the school and that is why it isn't sent to the law school directly. At my state graduate school there is only one accounting department for all 4 of the campuses, so all financial info came from a city 100 miles away.
You better get that in soon; it is due the 1st!
(...this coming from someone who faxed it today and stayed up til 1am yesterday filling out the sub/unsub and gradplus form... 5 weeks and 2 emails later, I finally gave up on receiving a reply to my email about more scholarship money...)

Ali

Postby Ali » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:24 am

Eleanor_Rigby wrote:
gk101 wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

Thanks for this!

I faxed it to the number on the bottom. I am assuming that there is just one accounting department for the school and that is why it isn't sent to the law school directly. At my state graduate school there is only one accounting department for all 4 of the campuses, so all financial info came from a city 100 miles away.
(...this coming from someone who faxed it today and stayed up til 1am yesterday filling out the sub/unsub and gradplus form... 5 weeks and 2 emails later, I finally gave up on receiving a reply to my email about more scholarship money...)

You faxed it to the wrong number. This is the correct fax number: (314)935-6959.

Eleanor_Rigby

Postby Eleanor_Rigby » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:42 am

Ali wrote:
Eleanor_Rigby wrote:
gk101 wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

Thanks for this!

You faxed it to the wrong number. This is the correct fax number: (314)935-6959.

And why do you say that?

Ali

Postby Ali » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:27 pm

Eleanor_Rigby wrote:
Ali wrote:
Eleanor_Rigby wrote:
gk101 wrote:Thanks for this!

And why do you say that?

It's in the instructions. Take a look at the emailed word file. It's in there. It's also on that same Title IV sheet that you faxed, saying to send to Graduate Financial Aid Representative...not accounting(for undergrads).

Eleanor_Rigby

Postby Eleanor_Rigby » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:43 pm

Ali wrote:It's in the instructions. Take a look at the emailed word file. It's in there. It's also on that same Title IV sheet that you faxed, saying to send to Graduate Financial Aid Representative...not accounting(for undergrads).

Ok. Thank you.

gk101

Postby gk101 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:03 pm

Ali wrote:
Eleanor_Rigby wrote:
gk101 wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

Thanks for this!

Thanks for the info. I already filled out the MPN/ entrance counseling crap. Just have to fax the authorization form

Carnertine

Postby Carnertine » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:30 pm

Hey all. Congrats on your acceptance. I was accepted as a transfer just now and am trying to find out more information. Anyone can tell me what they've found out from touring the school, visiting the area, etc. Wondering where to live, how much apt's cost, anything I should know about the school that I may not already know.

buslaw4302

Postby buslaw4302 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:40 pm

anyone still going up for the next housing day? I know Ill be up that wed-fri so I think a wed/thurs meetup may be in order...

seatown12

Postby seatown12 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:44 pm

buslaw4302 wrote:anyone still going up for the next housing day? I know Ill be up that wed-fri so I think a wed/thurs meetup may be in order...

I'll be there. I think people at the one in June went to Cicero's in the Loop and I liked that place when I visited earlier this year so that's an idea. I'd basically be down for whatever Thursday though.

I just made a post about this on the facebook group.

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”