WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
Ali
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:51 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby Ali » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:37 am

gk101 wrote:
buslaw4302 wrote:Now that I get to join this party, where does everyone seem to be living? I have never been to the midwest but cant wait to go visit later this month.

Clayton and CWE seem to be the more popular choices. Go on the admitted students site and look at the housing surveys to get a better idea.

How many people typically show up for these housing events? I am going to be driving down from chicago on the 17th and stay there through the 19th. Since I didn't get a chance to go to the ASW's I am looking forward to this visit



Dude whenever I read your posts, I somehow hear Kal Penn's voice saying whatever it is you type.

User avatar
bigdtrain
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:36 am

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby bigdtrain » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:52 pm

I didn't make it to ASD, did anyone get a chance to peek in on the Athletics Complex?

Any hardcore lifters out there.... ?

Leeroy Jenkins
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby Leeroy Jenkins » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:54 pm

bigdtrain wrote:I didn't make it to ASD, did anyone get a chance to peek in on the Athletics Complex?

Any hardcore lifters out there.... ?

I heard the gym there available to us grad students is bad. That said, there are apparently many gyms in the area which are better.

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby chadwick218 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:57 pm

...
Last edited by chadwick218 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby chadwick218 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:57 pm

chadwick218 wrote:
I heard the gym there available to us grad students is bad. That said, there are apparently many gyms in the area which are better.


I checked out the athletic facilities and was greatly disappointed (somewhat expected though). I was hoping for a great place to retreat in between classes.

User avatar
bigdtrain
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:36 am

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby bigdtrain » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:05 pm

chadwick218 wrote:
chadwick218 wrote:
I heard the gym there available to us grad students is bad. That said, there are apparently many gyms in the area which are better.


I checked out the athletic facilities and was greatly disappointed (somewhat expected though). I was hoping for a great place to retreat in between classes.


Same hopes and dreams I have here.

I am pretty easy to satisfy when it comes to training space. I just need a squat rack, an adjustable bench, suitable dumbbells, and room to deadlift.

VAGATOR
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:18 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby VAGATOR » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:12 pm

Does anybody know what the popular gym is for grad students, or people who reside in the west end?

User avatar
gk101
Posts: 3688
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby gk101 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:30 pm

Ali wrote:
gk101 wrote:
buslaw4302 wrote:Now that I get to join this party, where does everyone seem to be living? I have never been to the midwest but cant wait to go visit later this month.

Clayton and CWE seem to be the more popular choices. Go on the admitted students site and look at the housing surveys to get a better idea.

How many people typically show up for these housing events? I am going to be driving down from chicago on the 17th and stay there through the 19th. Since I didn't get a chance to go to the ASW's I am looking forward to this visit



Dude whenever I read your posts, I somehow hear Kal Penn's voice saying whatever it is you type.

:lol: maybe I need to switch my tar so people aren't disappointed when they realize I am not Kal penn

Leeroy Jenkins
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby Leeroy Jenkins » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:31 pm

,
Last edited by Leeroy Jenkins on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby chadwick218 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:43 pm

My request for any scholarship consideration was shot down today ... I've gone through LSN, but am still not sure how much higher my numbers need to be to be considered for any consideration.

Looks like Monday's retake will prove to be all the more important!

User avatar
gk101
Posts: 3688
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby gk101 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:44 pm

Lxw wrote:
gk101 wrote:
Ali wrote:Dude whenever I read your posts, I somehow hear Kal Penn's voice saying whatever it is you type.

:lol: maybe I need to switch my tar so people aren't disappointed when they realize I am not Kal penn

Either that, or people will auto-assume every indian guy they see on campus is you, and Kal penn is their role model.


hahaha good call. with my luck I will be the only indian guy in our class and all tls'ers would automatically know I have a boner for kal penn or weed

User avatar
gk101
Posts: 3688
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby gk101 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:45 pm

chadwick218 wrote:My request for any scholarship consideration was shot down today ... I've gone through LSN, but am still not sure how much higher my numbers need to be to be considered for any consideration.

Looks like Monday's retake will prove to be all the more important!


good luck!

steindle
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby steindle » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:27 pm

Lastly, we wanted to let you know that a Washington U Law Survival Guide will be posted on the Admitted Students Bulletin Board next week.

I received this email last week and I don't...think this has been posted on the site, but I might be missing something? I also haven't received the copy of the Law Magazine for the Spring of 2009 that was apparently mailed to us.

Not that I'm losing my mind waiting for these things...but I am dying for some new material from the school to over-analyze.

User avatar
Ali
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:51 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby Ali » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:33 pm

I received the Law Magazine yesterday.

I was also able to find the survival guide from a few years ago by doing a search on the school website. But I'm sure they'll put it up in the Admitted Student website.

Leeroy Jenkins
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby Leeroy Jenkins » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:34 pm

m
Last edited by Leeroy Jenkins on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gk101
Posts: 3688
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby gk101 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:08 pm

Lxw wrote:
steindle wrote:
Lastly, we wanted to let you know that a Washington U Law Survival Guide will be posted on the Admitted Students Bulletin Board next week.

I received this email last week and I don't...think this has been posted on the site, but I might be missing something? I also haven't received the copy of the Law Magazine for the Spring of 2009 that was apparently mailed to us.

Not that I'm losing my mind waiting for these things...but I am dying for some new material from the school to over-analyze.

I didn't even receive such an email! eek?

I didn't get that e-mail either :?

User avatar
ArsenalGunner
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:55 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby ArsenalGunner » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:43 pm

Accepted to the Sonnenschein program today...yaaaay??? Still don't even know if ill be attending...*sigh*

User avatar
Ali
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:51 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby Ali » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:52 pm

ArsenalGunner wrote:Accepted to the Sonnenschein program today...yaaaay??? Still don't even know if ill be attending...*sigh*


when did you email your application?

guypal
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 5:28 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby guypal » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:10 pm

Accepted to the Sonnenschein program today...yaaaay??? Still don't even know if ill be attending...*sigh*


grats. wasn't it a nice letter? unless some miraculous waitlist movement happens within the next few week, ill be attending the course this summer. Perhaps, I'll see you there.

User avatar
ArsenalGunner
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:55 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby ArsenalGunner » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:04 pm

guypal wrote:
Accepted to the Sonnenschein program today...yaaaay??? Still don't even know if ill be attending...*sigh*


grats. wasn't it a nice letter? unless some miraculous waitlist movement happens within the next few week, ill be attending the course this summer. Perhaps, I'll see you there.


Thanks guys! Ali, I sent the letter May 28 and got the acceptance letter(dated June 3rd) today. I'm in the south...don't know if that helps.
And yes the letter was very nice, i really want to do the program....even if i end up going elsewhere :oops: :oops:

LSBound2012
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:54 am

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby LSBound2012 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:09 pm

Perhaps this has been discussed before but has anyone got an idea of where a good amount of 1Ls live? It seems like people are spread out all over the place. I had a chance to visit and saw the West End City apartments(Senate, Congress, Westmoreland). Though I have been advised to avoid these apartments given negative experiences of current students, it also seems pretty accessible to the law school, along the Gold Line on the shuttle, and also has a fair amount law students there.

Does anyone have any suggesstions/thoughts/advice? I am going to try and do without a car if possible so proximity to the school and perhaps living near other law students are both pluses for me.

Look forward to reviving the housing discussion again!

LSBound2012
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:54 am

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby LSBound2012 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:10 pm

And I know the housing days are coming up but I cannot attend them so any advice this forum can offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

ShaBam84
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:21 am

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby ShaBam84 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:21 am

What residency day is everyone planning to attend?

User avatar
Ali
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:51 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby Ali » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:48 pm

Got into the Sonnenschein Program today(dated 6/3).

User avatar
gk101
Posts: 3688
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: WashU (wustl) Class of 2012!

Postby gk101 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:17 pm

ShaBam84 wrote:What residency day is everyone planning to attend?


June 18th
Ali wrote:Got into the Sonnenschein Program today(dated 6/3).


Congrats!




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest