St. John's Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Zeph

Bronze

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by Zeph » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:29 pm

I also need to go to school and buy the books >_<

Monaco

New

Post by Monaco » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:44 pm

Zeph wrote:I also need to go to school and buy the books >_<
Ordered my main books already but need to head in to get the checks accepted only books...I'm going to try and get my ID as well as parking permit done at the same time (hopefully)

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:17 pm

Monaco wrote:
Ordered my main books already but need to head in to get the checks accepted only books...I'm going to try and get my ID as well as parking permit done at the same time (hopefully)

Ditto....would kinda suck getting into a school that waitlisted you after getting all this stuff. Prob cant return the parking pass haha ;)

Monaco

New

Post by Monaco » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:22 pm

Zeph wrote:
Monaco wrote:

Ditto....would kinda suck getting into a school that waitlisted you after getting all this stuff. Prob cant return the parking pass haha ;)

Dont even kid lol....at this point I've given up on those other waiting lists. It's sju all the way now. Are you still on any other waiting lists?

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:51 am

Monaco wrote:
Zeph wrote:
Monaco wrote:

Dont even kid lol....at this point I've given up on those other waiting lists. It's sju all the way now. Are you still on any other waiting lists?
Yea waiting on two..one of which would be an easy decision and one that will be hard/annoying due to the expenses I will take on in the next week haha

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Monaco

New

Post by Monaco » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:40 pm

Dont even kid lol....at this point I've given up on those other waiting lists. It's sju all the way now. Are you still on any other waiting lists?[/quote]

Yea waiting on two..one of which would be an easy decision and one that will be hard/annoying due to the expenses I will take on in the next week haha[/quote]

Same boat ......not getting my hopes up though.

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Monaco wrote:Dont even kid lol....at this point I've given up on those other waiting lists. It's sju all the way now. Are you still on any other waiting lists?
Yea waiting on two..one of which would be an easy decision and one that will be hard/annoying due to the expenses I will take on in the next week haha[/quote]

Same boat ......not getting my hopes up though.[/quote]

ditto ;)

DURS

New

Post by DURS » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:09 pm

Monaco wrote:
I went to get my ID and permit today. I got the ID but you have to order the parking permit online and have it sent to your house. Spent a nice chunk of change at the bookstore on books for first semester.

The books that you have to get at the office in the law school aren't in yet (as of 8/6). I was told they'll be in sometime next week.

Monaco

New

Post by Monaco » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:43 am

DURS wrote:
Monaco wrote:
I went to get my ID and permit today. I got the ID but you have to order the parking permit online and have it sent to your house. Spent a nice chunk of change at the bookstore on books for first semester.

The books that you have to get at the office in the law school aren't in yet (as of 8/6). I was told they'll be in sometime next week.

I went Tuesday to get my ID and Permit. Went through the same upset about the checks accepted only books. The guy that works there said that it happens every year, that some books dont come in until after the semester starts.

Don't know why you didn't get your parking permit. I got both of mine right after I handed over my card to pay for the fee (that was weird you didnt get it.)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:15 pm

Well I started the homework for my intro to law class, It wasnt bad i guess. Finished the two selected readings for section B and now reading Asylum Denied...When are you guys gonna start working on the other class assignments, like torts etc? Im thinking of waiting till we start orientation.

DURS

New

Post by DURS » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Zeph wrote:Well I started the homework for my intro to law class, It wasnt bad i guess. Finished the two selected readings for section B and now reading Asylum Denied...When are you guys gonna start working on the other class assignments, like torts etc? Im thinking of waiting till we start orientation.
Hey Zeph,

I'm in section B also and I started reading Asylum Denied as well. Haven't started on the other readings yet, but I plan on starting them early this week. As for the other assignments, I'm probably going to do them during orientation/intro to law since our other classes don't start until 8/31.

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:33 pm

DURS wrote:
Zeph wrote:Well I started the homework for my intro to law class, It wasnt bad i guess. Finished the two selected readings for section B and now reading Asylum Denied...When are you guys gonna start working on the other class assignments, like torts etc? Im thinking of waiting till we start orientation.
Hey Zeph,

I'm in section B also and I started reading Asylum Denied as well. Haven't started on the other readings yet, but I plan on starting them early this week. As for the other assignments, I'm probably going to do them during orientation/intro to law since our other classes don't start until 8/31.
Same boat, and looking forward to meeting you. The assignments are quick and Asylum Denied, although I didn't want to read it, is interesting =)

DURS

New

Post by DURS » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:34 pm

Zeph wrote:
DURS wrote:
Hey Zeph,

Same boat, and looking forward to meeting you. The assignments are quick and Asylum Denied, although I didn't want to read it, is interesting =)
Yeah Asylum Denied isn't that bad. Hopefully we have to use it for more than just the Q&A session with the author during orientation. 1 more week!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:20 am

DURS wrote:
Zeph wrote:
DURS wrote:
Hey Zeph,

Yeah Asylum Denied isn't that bad. Hopefully we have to use it for more than just the Q&A session with the author during orientation. 1 more week!

I could probably go for one more week haha ;)

Monaco

New

Post by Monaco » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:28 pm

Read Asylum Denied, really interesting, looking forward to author's visit during orientation. Haven't done the other reading as of yet for torts, etc... just trying to enjoy what I have left of my summer vacation.

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Monaco wrote:Read Asylum Denied, really interesting, looking forward to author's visit during orientation. Haven't done the other reading as of yet for torts, etc... just trying to enjoy what I have left of my summer vacation.

SO monday is just an informational day and BBQ? What time does it all start? I feel like I read somewhere that it starts at 12:30ish.. do we need to bring anything with us?

Monaco

New

Post by Monaco » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Zeph wrote:
Monaco wrote:Read Asylum Denied, really interesting, looking forward to author's visit during orientation. Haven't done the other reading as of yet for torts, etc... just trying to enjoy what I have left of my summer vacation.

SO monday is just an informational day and BBQ? What time does it all start? I feel like I read somewhere that it starts at 12:30ish.. do we need to bring anything with us?
From what I read everything starts 830 in the morning...and i believe the only thing you need to bring with you is your checkbook, credit card, etc... if you need to pay for things such as books, ect...

the bbq is around 1230 i believe right before the author lecture

****correction orientation actually begins @ 8am -bbq @ 1215

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DURS

New

Post by DURS » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:30 am

Zeph wrote:

The schedule for orientation is up on TWEN. Just add the course "Orientation 2009"

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:30 am

Monaco wrote:
Zeph wrote:

From what I read everything starts 830 in the morning...and i believe the only thing you need to bring with you is your checkbook, credit card, etc... if you need to pay for things such as books, ect...

the bbq is around 1230 i believe right before the author lecture

****correction orientation actually begins @ 8am -bbq @ 1215

DURS wrote:
Zeph wrote:

The schedule for orientation is up on TWEN. Just add the course "Orientation 2009"
awesome thanks guys

DURS

New

Post by DURS » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:02 pm

Anyone else still waiting on their parking permit?

bex

New

Post by bex » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:26 pm

DURS wrote:Anyone else still waiting on their parking permit?
No, I got mine only a few days after applying for it.

See you all bright and early on Monday morning!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:37 pm

bex wrote:

8AM is gonna be rough when I have an hour and change commute lol but yes will see you bright and early!

Monaco

New

Post by Monaco » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:46 pm

Zeph wrote:
bex wrote:

8AM is gonna be rough when I have an hour and change commute lol but yes will see you bright and early!
Damn where are you commuting from.... do you plan to live closer?

DURS

New

Post by DURS » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:30 pm

Zeph wrote:
bex wrote:

Wow that's one long commute.

I can't believe that it is finally here but I'll see you all tomorrow!

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:39 am

Now that school was in session I kind of want to know who you people are hahaha =)

See you in class ;p

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”