Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
casper00
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:12 pm

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby casper00 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:05 pm

I will most likely go. At this point all I have left is to separate myself emotionally from the $$ offers from BLS and Dozo. :?

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby geoanthem » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:06 pm

casper00 wrote:I will most likely go. At this point all I have left is to separate myself emotionally from the $$ offers from BLS and Dozo. :?

Do it! I want you as a classmate!

casper00
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:12 pm

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby casper00 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:02 pm

geoanthem wrote:
casper00 wrote:I will most likely go. At this point all I have left is to separate myself emotionally from the $$ offers from BLS and Dozo. :?

Do it! I want you as a classmate!

Geo, that's all I needed. Checks in the mail! lol :D

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby geoanthem » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:04 pm

Damn straight. Thats how we roll in the evening division!

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby geoanthem » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:23 pm

Bumping this

User avatar
Ali
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:51 pm

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby Ali » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:07 pm

Hello guys,

anyone know how we access the Admitted students website?
what's our username and password?

thanks

User avatar
MoMoney
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:41 pm

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby MoMoney » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:05 am

Ali wrote:Hello guys,

anyone know how we access the Admitted students website?
what's our username and password?

thanks


It's the same as your status checker username and password, but they have to grant you access to the site.

User avatar
MoMoney
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:41 pm

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby MoMoney » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:03 pm

Did those of you who submitted a seat deposit (if any) get any sort of confirmation that they received it?

Thanks.

jrock12
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby jrock12 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:07 pm

i sent mine in a week ago...i havent gotten any confirmation, or seen it cashed in my bank account...if anyone else has, i'd like to hear it

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby geoanthem » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:07 pm

Just got back from touring Fordham (and got my t-shirt). Besides looking kinda like a high school, the student body seemed friendly and the library seemed nice. Getting ready to send my deposit in. :D

Bankhead
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:50 am

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby Bankhead » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:33 pm

geoanthem wrote:Just got back from touring Fordham (and got my t-shirt). Besides looking kinda like a high school, the student body seemed friendly and the library seemed nice. Getting ready to send my deposit in. :D


Congrats. Not waiting for Wisconsin, though?

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby geoanthem » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:38 pm

nitsudrx wrote:
geoanthem wrote:Just got back from touring Fordham (and got my t-shirt). Besides looking kinda like a high school, the student body seemed friendly and the library seemed nice. Getting ready to send my deposit in. :D


Congrats. Not waiting for Wisconsin, though?

I will consider them if they let me in, but I'm on the waitlist right now and would have to get in before I really considered it seriously.

jrock12
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby jrock12 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:40 pm

come on geo! you'd trade wisconsin for nyc!?

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby geoanthem » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:54 pm

jrock12 wrote:come on geo! you'd trade wisconsin for nyc!?

Probably not, lol. I'm pretty sure on Fordham unless I get into one of my WL, especially the Boston schools.

jrock12
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby jrock12 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:28 pm

i take it your from boston? with the pats pic (how'd i guess!?)

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby geoanthem » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:30 pm

jrock12 wrote:i take it your from boston? with the pats pic (how'd i guess!?)

Yep, from Boston but currently living in NYC (midtown east)

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby geoanthem » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:04 pm

I got the email address of a current (younger) evening student who is 1L at Fordham. If anyone has any questions they want me to ask him in the email post them here or PM me.

casper00
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:12 pm

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby casper00 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:13 pm

geoanthem wrote:I got the email address of a current (younger) evening student who is 1L at Fordham. If anyone has any questions they want me to ask him in the email post them here or PM me.

Can you ask about OCI after transferring to FT and how most students spend their make-up-two-classes summer (specifically externships - how easy are they to get...)

thanksm!

User avatar
MoMoney
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:41 pm

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby MoMoney » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:25 am

To those who went to the ASD this weekend, did you get any particularly intersting information about the PT program?

User avatar
Ali
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:51 pm

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby Ali » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:16 am

MoMoney wrote:To those who went to the ASD this weekend, did you get any particularly intersting information about the PT program?


well it seems like a lot of people go in with the intention of transferring FT, and its easy to do.
The evening students said that they have better professors overall, since they are mostly adjuncts who work in the field during the day and are on cutting edge deals which they bring to the classroom. Also everything that the FT class does, the PT does 1 year later, so you do OCI a year later.

User avatar
MoMoney
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:41 pm

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby MoMoney » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:07 pm

Ali wrote:
MoMoney wrote:To those who went to the ASD this weekend, did you get any particularly intersting information about the PT program?


well it seems like a lot of people go in with the intention of transferring FT, and its easy to do.
The evening students said that they have better professors overall, since they are mostly adjuncts who work in the field during the day and are on cutting edge deals which they bring to the classroom. Also everything that the FT class does, the PT does 1 year later, so you do OCI a year later.


Thanks for the info, does the 1 year lag thing also apply to law review, moot court and so on?

User avatar
Ali
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:51 pm

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby Ali » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:18 pm

MoMoney wrote:
Thanks for the info, does the 1 year lag thing also apply to law review, moot court and so on?


I'm not sure, but if I had to guess I would say no. Only because law review is done by a writing competition, so if you enter it and pass then I think they would take you on.

On a related note, there was concern over whether being an evening student would put one at a disadvantage since a lot of meetings are normally held at evenings. The current evening students that are on law review that I spoke with didn't have a problem with this, since they said that they don't really need to meet, but just submit their work. However, as an evening student you will miss out on a few events that are held at evenings unless you decide to skip class.

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby geoanthem » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:02 pm

Bumping this for some late night fun. If we will be taking evening classes we should get used to it!

jrock12
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby jrock12 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:41 pm

MoMoney wrote:Did those of you who submitted a seat deposit (if any) get any sort of confirmation that they received it?

Thanks.



for those of you interested i finally got around to emailing admissions about this since i sent mine in about 2 weeks ago and still nothing...they said they are behind in processing these but it should be through by the end of the week...so all in all, i wouldnt be all that worried if you havent received some form of confirmation

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Postby geoanthem » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:04 pm

To the Fordham Law School Community:

For almost one hundred years, Fordham Law School has prided itself on having an extraordinary evening school. Our evening school has always offered a legal education of the highest quality, and it has allowed countless students who otherwise would not have been able to afford law school to realize their dreams of becoming lawyers. Alumni of the program have gone on to contribute immeasurably both to our profession and to our society as a whole.

As you may know, this year US News is rating evening programs for the first time. I am delighted to inform you that we have just learned that our program is rated third in the nation. The link to the video appears below. --LinkRemoved--

This is wonderful recognition. I would like to thank the dedicated faculty, students, and staff who have together built this great program and to the proud alumni who have so generously supported it. Congratulations to all!

Best,

Bill


Good stuff! (Not that it wasn't expected)




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests