Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
hoffb86

Bronze

Re: Fordham Part-Time 2009 Entering Class

Post by hoffb86 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:06 pm

geoanthem wrote:
To the Fordham Law School Community:

For almost one hundred years, Fordham Law School has prided itself on having an extraordinary evening school. Our evening school has always offered a legal education of the highest quality, and it has allowed countless students who otherwise would not have been able to afford law school to realize their dreams of becoming lawyers. Alumni of the program have gone on to contribute immeasurably both to our profession and to our society as a whole.

As you may know, this year US News is rating evening programs for the first time. I am delighted to inform you that we have just learned that our program is rated third in the nation. The link to the video appears below. --LinkRemoved--

This is wonderful recognition. I would like to thank the dedicated faculty, students, and staff who have together built this great program and to the proud alumni who have so generously supported it. Congratulations to all!

Best,

Bill
Good stuff! (Not that it wasn't expected)
+1 .... that is really pretty good.

way to play with my mind Fordham.... I need to know a) if I am in off that WL, and b) can you get me to DC? Yes? No? Maybe?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:14 pm

Oh, Fordham... Why are you doing this? Why?

Three months of waitlist agony, two LOCIs, two campus visits, one updated resume, one June retake in the works...

Let me in, or pull the plug on the dream.

Congrats on being #3, though! Knew you could do it!

Bankhead

Silver

Post by Bankhead » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:42 pm

You know GMU's adcomms are throwing chairs around the office after losing that #4 spot to AU...

AbsolutLax

New

Post by AbsolutLax » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:01 pm

true that

amyraydun

New

Post by amyraydun » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:08 am

Who else all is waiting for this waitlist? What has been your tactic?
I'm at a LOCI, visit, and many many phone calls talking to the same assistant admiss. director so she knows who I am...
I've also let the deposit deadlines pass for the two schools I've been accepted to... I want Fordham.

Here's to hopefully hearing soon!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hoffb86

Bronze

Post by hoffb86 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:02 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
amyraydun wrote:Who else all is waiting for this waitlist? What has been your tactic?
I'm at a LOCI, visit, and many many phone calls talking to the same assistant admiss. director so she knows who I am...
I've also let the deposit deadlines pass for the two schools I've been accepted to... I want Fordham.

I'll raise you two LOCIs (one about to be sent), two campus visits, an updated resume, and an impromptu talk with an adcomm. Haven't made any phone calls, though. What does one talk about, exactly?

I'm willing to share strategies/tactics. I've been WL three months now, so I'm starting to feel like a professional waitlist consultant.

There are four of us who frequent TLS, to my knowledge:

You, me, Hoff, and Pany1985.

How were your numbers? Do you feel your WL was based upon them, or something else entirely?
You both have me beat... one email... thats it! I am working on the LOCI, and another email tomorrow, and trying to plan a visit soon.

Conan

New

Post by Conan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:14 am

I asked for a deferral for one academic year but haven't heard back from the admissions office yet.
If they decline the request, I will be attending this fall. (Hopefully they'll grant it. I'm willing to put the whole year's worth of tuition as the seat deposit to prove my loyalty if i have to!! heh)

hoffb86

Bronze

Post by hoffb86 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:24 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
Conan wrote:I asked for a deferral for one academic year but haven't heard back from the admissions office yet.
If they decline the request, I will be attending this fall. (Hopefully they'll grant it. I'm willing to put the whole year's worth of tuition as the seat deposit to prove my loyalty if i have to!! heh)
I'm curious: what will you do if you defer?

If Fordham will not have me, I will go to San Francisco and serve for a year in Americorps.
OS - Americorps over Northeastern?

Conan

New

Post by Conan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:31 am

My family(especially my father's business) got hit really big with the current economy so I will be helping them out for a year.
I'm pretty much the only person in the family with a full-time job so I'll be working like there's no tomorrow. haha.
Besides, my sister will be graduating from pharmacy school next year so everything will work out for my family if I can defer a year before I start school again.
Actually, I'm very excited about Fordham and the whole law school plan since this will be my 2nd professional school experience (went to pharmacy school previously). =D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Conan

New

Post by Conan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:13 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
Conan wrote:My family(especially my father's business) got hit really big with the current economy so I will be helping them out for a year.
I'm pretty much the only person in the family with a full-time job so I'll be working like there's no tomorrow. haha.
Besides, my sister will be graduating from pharmacy school next year so everything will work out for my family if I can defer a year before I start school again.
Actually, I'm very excited about Fordham and the whole law school plan since this will be my 2nd professional school experience (went to pharmacy school previously). =D
Welcome! I hope to have you as a future classmate, after your deferral, and my acceptance. At least Fordham is likely to grant your request! :D
Thanx~ Hope everything works out for you as well! ^_^

jrock12

Bronze

Post by jrock12 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:09 am

conan...either way, will you be working/going to school for all four years? or thinking about making the transition to full time after 1L

Conan

New

Post by Conan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:24 am

jrock12 wrote:conan...either way, will you be working/going to school for all four years? or thinking about making the transition to full time after 1L
I'll be working full-time while attending the evening program.
No plans on switching to full-time after 1L. =)

amyraydun

New

Post by amyraydun » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:44 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
amyraydun wrote:Who else all is waiting for this waitlist? What has been your tactic?

I'll raise you two LOCIs (one about to be sent), two campus visits, an updated resume, and an impromptu talk with an adcomm. Haven't made any phone calls, though. What does one talk about, exactly?

I'm willing to share strategies/tactics. I've been WL three months now, so I'm starting to feel like a professional waitlist consultant.

There are four of us who frequent TLS, to my knowledge:

You, me, Hoff, and Pany1985.

How were your numbers? Do you feel your WL was based upon them, or something else entirely?
I think my numbers are pretty on point for Fordham- 162/3.75 however I originally applied to FT, but since being WL told them I'd be willing for either. I'd like to think that if I applied straight to PT I'd have gotten in. I have some good softs (PC, Great LOR's) but who knows how much those weigh in. I call the same adcomm woman who knows me from the first time I've called and I also impromptu met with her which I hope helps since she put a face to the name of the person who's been calling. I basically call to ask on the status and before then just asked what else I could send (nothing.) Updated resume sounds good, however I got nothing to update it with :wink:

What're your numbers? Where else are you waitlisted?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bankhead

Silver

Post by Bankhead » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:35 pm

Just gave my deposit!

JeBerk

New

Post by JeBerk » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:30 pm

I'm going to be entering Fordham PT this fall and most likely transfer into FT after my first year. I'm looking to move into the city somewhere on the west side around school. I'm 22/female very chill, relaxed, likes to go out (although there will not be that much of it during the first year...) Lemme know if anyone is roommate searching!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”