THE Boston College class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
belligerentfuture

New

Re: THE Boston College class of 2012

Post by belligerentfuture » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:33 am

matty wrote:
belligerentfuture wrote:I managed to get a place for $500 a month including all bills with parking that was happy to have my cats and my vegan eating habits, so it can be done!! :)
Holy shit that's an amazing deal! Now you're making me pissed because I thought I got a steal paying $650 w/ no utilities :evil: (of course, $650 still ain't bad compared to what most people are paying from what I've heard).
That's ok, I'm a bit of a craigslist savant, so it's a bit aberrant :) It's also the deal of the century, possibly because our landlord lives in Marblehead and has apparently failed to check the market rate for rent in Boston for several years. Technically, my rent is $433, and the landlord pays half of our utilities, making the grand total of $500. Just to rub it in, my room is actually not a coffin either :) :) But, you are right, 650$ is a lot less than many many people are paying for rent in Beantown, so you got a good deal!

IceAero

New

Post by IceAero » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:26 pm

anyone else psyched? 8-)

theskippa10

Bronze

Post by theskippa10 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:21 am

anyone in boston yet? if so come over to the shark tank for some fins up lifestyle events....

etudiantededroit

New

Post by etudiantededroit » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:52 pm

7wood wrote:
etudiantededroit wrote:
7wood wrote:I'm heading up to Boston this weekend to try and find a place to live. The gf is gonna be in tow, so does anyone have any good restaurant or bar recommendations? We'll be staying downtown near Tremont and Kneeland, so something downtownish would be good.
Let's see...if you feel like hopping on the Silver line and heading over to the South End, I'd recommend Toro (a great little tapas bar with tasty sangria), the South End Buttery (bakery upstairs, delicious restaurant downstairs), or Petit Robert Bistro (good French bistro fare at a reasonable price). If it's nice out, you could check out the waterfront -- some fun options there include the Barking Crab (a fun bar/seafood restaurant right on the water), or Sel de la Terre (a French restaurant by the Aquarium with delicious steak frites).

The Globe has a bunch of restaurant/bar recommendations, if that helps: http://www.boston.com/ae/restaurants/
Thanks again for the recommendations. We wound up going to the Barking Crab and had a great time. The place was crowded as hell, but we wound up getting a seat in the bar after a while and ordered there. I don't know what band they had on that night, but they were pretty damn good.... or maybe I was just pretty damn drunk?

And I did wind up finding a place to live. I can move in any time between now and the end of August, but I think I'm gonna work a week longer than I originally planned and start the move up around the 22nd. I'm excited about moving up to Boston, just not excited about the 27ish hour drive... ugh.

Yay, glad you liked the Crab! I used to work across the street from there, and it's a great place to be on a summer night.

7wood

New

Post by 7wood » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:48 pm

IceAero wrote:anyone else psyched? 8-)
Yessir! I put in my two weeks notice at work today, and it was amaaaaaaaaaaaazing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

etudiantededroit

New

Post by etudiantededroit » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Yes! Well, simultaneously excited and terrified, more like it. But at least we finally have courses and section assignments! Looks like I'll be in Section 1....anyone else?

7wood

New

Post by 7wood » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:06 pm

etudiantededroit wrote:
Yes! Well, simultaneously excited and terrified, more like it. But at least we finally have courses and section assignments! Looks like I'll be in Section 1....anyone else?
Section 2 here

theskippa10

Bronze

Post by theskippa10 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:28 pm

section 2

belligerentfuture

New

Post by belligerentfuture » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:00 am

etudiantededroit wrote:
section 1, baby....we have the shortest booklist--that's gotta be good :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:51 am

section 2

people here and on the facebook group are so on top of everything that i feel like woefully unprepared for all this :?

etudiantededroit

New

Post by etudiantededroit » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:33 pm

belligerentfuture wrote:
etudiantededroit wrote:
section 1, baby....we have the shortest booklist--that's gotta be good :)
Oops, I meant Section 3 :oops:

kiwislug

Bronze

Post by kiwislug » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:26 pm

edit: answered my own question

are you all planning on getting your books online or in the bookstore? I'd like to order mine used but I'm worried my section will change and I'll be stuck with some books. Thoughts?

belligerentfuture

New

Post by belligerentfuture » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:26 am

kiwislug wrote:edit: answered my own question

are you all planning on getting your books online or in the bookstore? I'd like to order mine used but I'm worried my section will change and I'll be stuck with some books. Thoughts?
I'm actually waiting til my loan money comes in, cause I'm poor :) Til then, planning on using library books....

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:25 am

are there any books that are common to all sections? id like to buy those online, if there are any...

belligerentfuture

New

Post by belligerentfuture » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:42 am

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:

are there any books that are common to all sections? id like to buy those online, if there are any...
You can see all of the section booklists on that webpage, not just your own section. Off the top of my head, there are several common books-usually the casebooks, but you can cross reference them for accuracy.

kiwislug

Bronze

Post by kiwislug » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:05 pm

belligerentfuture wrote:
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:

You can see all of the section booklists on that webpage, not just your own section. Off the top of my head, there are several common books-usually the casebooks, but you can cross reference them for accuracy.
Section 1 is totally different from section 2 but there are a few similarities from both to section 3. so it's still a crap shoot...

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:12 pm

kiwislug wrote:
belligerentfuture wrote:
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:

Section 1 is totally different from section 2 but there are a few similarities from both to section 3. so it's still a crap shoot...
blah...i guess im just gonna get g'ed for the first semester :|

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:41 pm

belligerentfuture wrote:
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:

i actually dont see the booklists...where are you guys finding it? im looking through agora right now

theskippa10

Bronze

Post by theskippa10 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:07 pm

For those of you not in the fb group, me and my roomate are having a little after party after the event at cityside. so if you want to come along, feel free, it will be a good time

belligerentfuture

New

Post by belligerentfuture » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:04 pm

Ok....dumb question, but just thought I'd check so as not to have a first day of school epic fail. Are we supposed to dress up for Monday's orientation? Is there gonna be some weird ceremony stuff?

7wood

New

Post by 7wood » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:04 pm

belligerentfuture wrote:Ok....dumb question, but just thought I'd check so as not to have a first day of school epic fail. Are we supposed to dress up for Monday's orientation? Is there gonna be some weird ceremony stuff?
Umm, I hope not. I don't remember anyone telling us to dress up. If it turns out we are supposed to dress up, you and me can hang out in the corner together cause I won't be dressed up either.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

belligerentfuture

New

Post by belligerentfuture » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:05 pm

7wood wrote:
belligerentfuture wrote:Ok....dumb question, but just thought I'd check so as not to have a first day of school epic fail. Are we supposed to dress up for Monday's orientation? Is there gonna be some weird ceremony stuff?
Umm, I hope not. I don't remember anyone telling us to dress up. If it turns out we are supposed to dress up, you and me can hang out in the corner together cause I won't be dressed up either.
it's a plan :)

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:37 am

im not dressing up either

etudiantededroit

New

Post by etudiantededroit » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Hey 2012ers! Did anyone hear any news about our spring electives? I can't seem to find it listed anywhere, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? I was hoping to buy my casebooks online again, but if they cut it too close I guess I'll have to go to the bookstore after all.

Informative

Bronze

Post by Informative » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:46 am

Anyone still on here? Curious if some of you could give me the reasons you chose BC. I am leaning towards BC and would like to hear other student's reasons for choosing to attend.

Thanks!

Stats: 166/3.8
Acceptances: BC, BU, GW, Fordham, UCLA, UConn
WL: GULC
Denied: Cornell, Chicago

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”