THE Boston College class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
theskippa10

Bronze

THE Boston College class of 2012

Post by theskippa10 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:14 pm

Welcome. Post here even if you haven't quite made up your mind yet.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group ... 5420415753

ilovelamp

New

Re: THE Boston College class of 2012

Post by ilovelamp » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:14 pm

theskippa10 wrote:Welcome. Post here even if you haven't quite made up your mind yet.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group ... 5420415753
Holler!

I'm still deciding though, so no facebook for me just yet. Some people would say I have commitment issues.

theskippa10

Bronze

Post by theskippa10 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:05 am

haha to be honest neither have i. I'm about 90% sure though

jaudette

New

Post by jaudette » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:15 am

Hey guys. As of right now I'm going. I think I have a good chance at getting off a few WL, at which point I'll have to reconsider, but for right now I'm planning on going to BC!

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:16 am

If I do not get into any of my reach schools, I will be going to BC!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

IceAero

New

Post by IceAero » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:37 pm

tvaddicted wrote:If I do not get into any of my reach schools, I will be going to BC!

Me tooo...

and there's also the matter of being on the WL at GW :roll:

ilovelamp

New

Post by ilovelamp » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:53 pm

Anybody else notice that for a good number of people who have been admitted to BC, BC seems to be their second choice? There seems to be a lot of "I'll be attending BC if I don't get off the waitlist at XXX", and some "I'm still waiting to hear back from a few more schools, so we'll see."

Is it possible that this is one of the reasons BC has been called the Disneyland of law schools? I have a theory that BC is largely comprised of almost over achievers. And by almost over achievers, I mean people who are smart, but occasionally allow themselves get distracted from their studies by women/sports/alcohol/etc. I'm sure there's exceptions, but that's my general impression so far.

Anyway, I'll be seeing you slackers in the fall... you know, unless I get off the waitlist at UCLA or something.

kiwislug

Bronze

Post by kiwislug » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:57 pm

IceAero wrote:
tvaddicted wrote:If I do not get into any of my reach schools, I will be going to BC!

Me tooo...

and there's also the matter of being on the WL at GW :roll:
yay me too IA!

jaudette

New

Post by jaudette » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:36 pm

ilovelamp wrote:Anybody else notice that for a good number of people who have been admitted to BC, BC seems to be their second choice? There seems to be a lot of "I'll be attending BC if I don't get off the waitlist at XXX", and some "I'm still waiting to hear back from a few more schools, so we'll see."

Is it possible that this is one of the reasons BC has been called the Disneyland of law schools? I have a theory that BC is largely comprised of almost over achievers. And by almost over achievers, I mean people who are smart, but occasionally allow themselves get distracted from their studies by women/sports/alcohol/etc. I'm sure there's exceptions, but that's my general impression so far.

Anyway, I'll be seeing you slackers in the fall... you know, unless I get off the waitlist at UCLA or something.

At this point though, isn't anyone who has got into any school besides HYS saying the same thing. "I'll be going to GULC unless I get off Chicago WL", and the like? I don't think its just a BC thing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

galahad85

Bronze

Post by galahad85 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:10 pm

jaudette wrote:
ilovelamp wrote:Anybody else notice that for a good number of people who have been admitted to BC, BC seems to be their second choice? There seems to be a lot of "I'll be attending BC if I don't get off the waitlist at XXX", and some "I'm still waiting to hear back from a few more schools, so we'll see."

At this point though, isn't anyone who has got into any school besides HYS saying the same thing. "I'll be going to GULC unless I get off Chicago WL", and the like? I don't think its just a BC thing.
+1

And as for the "almost over achievers" thing... no clue what where that idea came from.

ilovelamp

New

Post by ilovelamp » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:57 pm

jaudette wrote:At this point though, isn't anyone who has got into any school besides HYS saying the same thing. "I'll be going to GULC unless I get off Chicago WL", and the like? I don't think its just a BC thing.
Good point. I probably just noticed it more for BC since I've been looking at those threads more. Still, there aren't too many people in this thread that sound really excited about attending unlike some other class of 2012 threads.

jaudette

New

Post by jaudette » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:31 am

Yea I have noticed the increased excitement. I'm still one of the "If not xxxxx, then BC"ers, but everything I've heard tells me I can be really happy there.

galahad85

Bronze

Post by galahad85 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:41 am

ilovelamp wrote:
jaudette wrote:At this point though, isn't anyone who has got into any school besides HYS saying the same thing. "I'll be going to GULC unless I get off Chicago WL", and the like? I don't think its just a BC thing.
Good point. I probably just noticed it more for BC since I've been looking at those threads more. Still, there aren't too many people in this thread that sound really excited about attending unlike some other class of 2012 threads.
Maybe because BC hasn't given anyone any $$$ yet. ;)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ilovelamp

New

Post by ilovelamp » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:49 am

galahad85 wrote:Maybe because BC hasn't given anyone any $$$ yet. ;)
haha, very true. They need to get on that.

ilovelamp

New

Post by ilovelamp » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:33 pm

Speak of the devil... just got an email saying they mailed out financial aid info yesterday.

galahad85

Bronze

Post by galahad85 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:03 pm

ilovelamp wrote:Speak of the devil... just got an email saying they mailed out financial aid info yesterday.
No, they mailed out letters with information on to get financial aid information. :shock:

ilovelamp

New

Post by ilovelamp » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:12 pm

galahad85 wrote:No, they mailed out letters with information on to get financial aid information. :shock:
Eh, I'll still give them 5 points for getting the ball rolling.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

neskerdoo

Silver

Post by neskerdoo » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:15 pm

just wanted to chime in and say that this post is pretty terrible...

ilovelamp

New

Post by ilovelamp » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:28 pm

neskerdoo wrote:just wanted to chime in and say that this post is pretty terrible...
Awesome. I'm glad you found the time to write that little gem. Maybe in the future before I post I should run all my terrible ideas by you, and you can do the same and bounce all your derogatory comments off me, that way neither one of us makes an ass out of ourselves. It's win/win baby.

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:31 pm

Someone put in a good word for them to let me off the waitlist. Thanks!

apm73

New

Post by apm73 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:26 am

It's known as the Disneyland of law schools not because of the motivation of its students but because of the collegial nature of the students and faculty. Students are willing to help other students and faculty does their best to do the same.

I for one am about 80% sure I'll be attending BC this fall and I am pretty stoked! People seem to forget that BC is an awesome school

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

theskippa10

Bronze

Post by theskippa10 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:56 am

Wouldn't smart people who get distracted by alcohol/sports/women/men actually be underachievers instead of overachievers?

kiwislug

Bronze

Post by kiwislug » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:30 am

BC was my first choice when I was an "applying to ls noob" and didn't know about the rankings. I still really want to go and probably will but there is still that little voice in the back of my head telling me I'd be stupid to pass up X school if I got in. :?

jaudette

New

Post by jaudette » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:32 pm

I just checked my scholly offer. 15K a year! I wasn't expecting to get anything so this is just incredible. They gave me more money than many lower ranked schools, and some additional interest free loans as well!

galahad85

Bronze

Post by galahad85 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:11 pm

Last edited by galahad85 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”