UC Davis 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby 20160810 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:04 pm

eth3n wrote:rofl nothing else to do until that financial aid money comes in >_<"


I'm really looking forward to this point in time as well.

Second call for a UCD 2012 pizza outing, btw. I have one taker so far in this thread, and 3-4 people from the facebook group who are interested. Could be a lot of fun, shoot me a PM if you're going to be around Sac/Davis over the next week and enjoy pizza, frosty beverages and fellowship.

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby 20160810 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:38 pm

OK so I've had a few people PM me with interest, so let's talk pizza. Where is a good place that people can sit down and have a few slices and maybe a frosty beverage or two without having to shout over blaring house music?

I figure we can plan something in this thread, perhaps for thursday or friday.

Does everyone have a car? If so, that expands our options greatly. Otherwise we should probably stick to a central point downtown.

articulably suspect
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:01 am

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby articulably suspect » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:52 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:OK so I've had a few people PM me with interest, so let's talk pizza. Where is a good place that people can sit down and have a few slices and maybe a frosty beverage or two without having to shout over blaring house music?

I figure we can plan something in this thread, perhaps for thursday or friday.

Does everyone have a car? If so, that expands our options greatly. Otherwise we should probably stick to a central point downtown.


In DAVIS, hands down WOODSTOCK'S Pizza on G ST. Great Beer and Great Pizza

Lockean
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:34 am

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby Lockean » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:57 pm

ejjones wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:OK so I've had a few people PM me with interest, so let's talk pizza. Where is a good place that people can sit down and have a few slices and maybe a frosty beverage or two without having to shout over blaring house music?

I figure we can plan something in this thread, perhaps for thursday or friday.

Does everyone have a car? If so, that expands our options greatly. Otherwise we should probably stick to a central point downtown.


In DAVIS, hands down WOODSTOCK'S Pizza on G ST. Great Beer and Great Pizza


Woodstock's is great. Thursday is better for me (Friday is my last day of work and there will be drinking and debauchery all day in the office).

articulably suspect
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:01 am

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby articulably suspect » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:01 pm

Lockean wrote:
ejjones wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:OK so I've had a few people PM me with interest, so let's talk pizza. Where is a good place that people can sit down and have a few slices and maybe a frosty beverage or two without having to shout over blaring house music?

I figure we can plan something in this thread, perhaps for thursday or friday.

Does everyone have a car? If so, that expands our options greatly. Otherwise we should probably stick to a central point downtown.


In DAVIS, hands down WOODSTOCK'S Pizza on G ST. Great Beer and Great Pizza


Woodstock's is great. Thursday is better for me (Friday is my last day of work and there will be drinking and debauchery all day in the office).


Just looked at your #'s. you got in w/a 2.9 163 as a non-URM? I'm applying this fall with a 3.32 and it looks like I need a 165 to have a shot. Just a little surprised, but good for you.

Lockean
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:34 am

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby Lockean » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:17 pm

ejjones wrote:
Lockean wrote:
ejjones wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:OK so I've had a few people PM me with interest, so let's talk pizza. Where is a good place that people can sit down and have a few slices and maybe a frosty beverage or two without having to shout over blaring house music?

I figure we can plan something in this thread, perhaps for thursday or friday.

Does everyone have a car? If so, that expands our options greatly. Otherwise we should probably stick to a central point downtown.


In DAVIS, hands down WOODSTOCK'S Pizza on G ST. Great Beer and Great Pizza


Woodstock's is great. Thursday is better for me (Friday is my last day of work and there will be drinking and debauchery all day in the office).


Just looked at your #'s. you got in w/a 2.9 163 as a non-URM? I'm applying this fall with a 3.32 and it looks like I need a 165 to have a shot. Just a little surprised, but good for you.


Yeah, no kidding. No one is more surprised than me; I was ready to sign a lease in DC to go to American (which I thought I was rather lucky to get into). I have alright softs and work experience and I was working 45+ hours during UG, though I didn't think they'd care. I visited after getting WL'd and found the admissions staff to be infinitely more friendly than everyone in the WL thread was saying, so perhaps it was the charm that did it. :wink:

articulably suspect
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:01 am

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby articulably suspect » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:42 pm

Seriously. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. When did you apply? Any thoughtson how to write aDavis specific PS and applying ED? My goal is to ge into Davis or Hastings. I have decent softs and over 3 years working in a DAs office.

Lockean
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:34 am

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby Lockean » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:51 pm

ejjones wrote:Seriously. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. When did you apply? Any thoughtson how to write aDavis specific PS and applying ED? My goal is to ge into Davis or Hastings. I have decent softs and over 3 years working in a DAs office.


I was very late to the game and applied the night before their application cutoff and wrote my PS that day. I found TLS after turning in all of my apps and, in hindsight, knew extremely little about the process (had I known more, I would have actually studied for the LSAT, at least a little bit). I tailored my PS to the less tangible things that Davis places an emphasis on and it helped that they closely matched my own values (legal ethics and professionalism) and it was pretty interesting, TBH (I PM'd you the details). I didn't put in any grade addendum because my resume and the application itself showed my work hours during school. I'm pretty sure my LoRs were good as the professors I chose liked me a lot and are both well known in their fields.

Other than that, I think I am the luckiest applicant around. Ever.

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby 20160810 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:39 pm

OK, so how do people feel about dinner at Woodstock's on Thursday night? Come one come all, the more the merrier. I'll be the one in the assless chaps and 10-gallon hat.

Lockean
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:34 am

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby Lockean » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:10 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:OK, so how do people feel about dinner at Woodstock's on Thursday night? Come one come all, the more the merrier. I'll be the one in the assless chaps and 10-gallon hat.


Dammit! Well, in an effort to not dress alike, I'll have to dig through my closet for something else... but count me in

Edit: What time?

User avatar
aquarium_drinker
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:55 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby aquarium_drinker » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:57 pm

I'll be there, wearing an Affliction shirt and matching bandana(s).

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby 20160810 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:57 pm

aquarium_drinker wrote:I'll be there, wearing an Affliction shirt and matching bandana(s).


Do you have barbed wire tattooed around one arm or both? I wouldn't want to get the wrong guy.

Why don't we say 6:30?

Lockean
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:34 am

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby Lockean » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:49 am

6:30 works for me, see you there.

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby 20160810 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:34 am

Splendid. So at least it's Lockean and myself. Come one come all, I say!

Someone post a cross-post in the facebook group.

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby 20160810 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:21 pm

So far we have 1 person definitely on board, possibly more?

Anyhow, I will be there wearing an old school Seattle Mariners hat, so feel free to just come say hi. If you're going to be coming, feel free to PM me and I will give you my cell phone number if I haven't done so already.

LuckyDucky
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby LuckyDucky » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:30 pm

Hey guys!

My roomie just got into Hastings off the waitlist and has decided to go. We've got a four bedroom at 9th & D with an open room going at $570 for month. We're three 1L's, all girls, looking for a one-year lease from somebody chill and responsible.

This is very last minute so please call or text me if you're interested. At the risk of putting out personal info:
818 424 0923
cnasella@gmail.com

eth3n
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby eth3n » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:44 pm

HEY,

If anyone is bringing a car to Davis but doesnt plan on buying a parking permit, please PRIVATE MESSAGE me. Basically im paying someone to sign up with me for a CARPOOL permit (you will pay nothing, just have to sign up with me), and basically I take the permit. I will pay well for your time.

Thanks.

User avatar
aquarium_drinker
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:55 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby aquarium_drinker » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:15 am

I'll be there at 6:30.

Facebook page updated.

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby 20160810 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:45 am

aquarium_drinker wrote:I'll be there at 6:30.

Facebook page updated.


We are now up to 3 people. Frankly, this risks becoming a legit shindig.

Also, I may bring a non-LS friend of mine who I am hanging out with that night. The rest of ye feel free to do the same. When it comes to pizza and merriment, the more = the merrier, so if you have friends in the area we can all get to know one another.

User avatar
aquarium_drinker
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:55 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby aquarium_drinker » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:24 pm

How 'bout that Statement of Legal Residence Form and its Aug. 1st deadline, eh?

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby 20160810 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:57 pm

aquarium_drinker wrote:How 'bout that Statement of Legal Residence Form and its Aug. 1st deadline, eh?


I mailed mine in a while ago but never got confirmation that they received it. Meh. I will just go under the assumption that all went according to plan until they tell me otherwise. :|


In other news, if anyone has checked the facebook group it looks like we now have 10+ people in on this pizza outing!

eth3n
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby eth3n » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:07 pm

you guys calling ahead or just crashing in on the place?

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby 20160810 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:48 pm

eth3n wrote:you guys calling ahead or just crashing in on the place?


This is a good point to raise: When it was just a few of us, I was thinking of crashing the place, but since news went out to the FB group, there are now like 10 people planning on coming.

Lockean
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:34 am

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby Lockean » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:50 pm

I would have to say that last night was a great success and it was fun meeting you all. Thanks for the pizza, SBL, I still owe you a beer. See you all on Sunday.

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby 20160810 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:59 pm

A smashing good time was had by all.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest