UC Davis 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
jibstir13
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby jibstir13 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:21 pm

i'll be moving out there mid july...

when r u guys moving to davis?

cantstop
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby cantstop » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:27 pm

jibstir13 wrote:i'll be moving out there mid july...

when r u guys moving to davis?


I get my keys July 1st, and am out of my old place (in the bay area) on July 15th. So, early-mid July.

EXCITING!

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby 20160810 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Have you guys all already rented apartments? I should really get on that. I figure I'll really get looking in another few weeks here.

In other news, I am giving UCD $500 for Deposit Part 2 today. Woot.

User avatar
nmoor1501
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:27 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby nmoor1501 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:20 am

SoftBoiledLife wrote:Have you guys all already rented apartments? I should really get on that. I figure I'll really get looking in another few weeks here.

In other news, I am giving UCD $500 for Deposit Part 2 today. Woot.


Put mine down today too!

eth3n
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby eth3n » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:47 am

Other then transcripts and health insurance due on Aug 1, as long as we pay the second deposit by monday we are good right?

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby 20160810 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:36 pm

eth3n wrote:Other then transcripts and health insurance due on Aug 1, as long as we pay the second deposit by monday we are good right?


Yikes, I wasn't even aware of these 2 facts. I should really spend more time actually reading the admitted students website. Has anything come in the mail recently to this effect? I'm afraid they've been sending stuff to New Mexico since I moved 2 weeks ago (I changed my address, so this is quite unlikely).

User avatar
oopivyoo
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:31 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby oopivyoo » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:46 pm

eth3n wrote:Other then transcripts and health insurance due on Aug 1, as long as we pay the second deposit by monday we are good right?


I'm pretty sure the health care thing is just if you are applying for the waiver so that you don't have to pay the ridiculously overpriced UC Davis health care costs for the next year ($1800+ dollars for 8 months of health care). It's probably easier and cheaper to get private insurance and fill out that waiver asap.

cantstop
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby cantstop » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:07 am

oopivyoo wrote:
eth3n wrote:Other then transcripts and health insurance due on Aug 1, as long as we pay the second deposit by monday we are good right?


I'm pretty sure the health care thing is just if you are applying for the waiver so that you don't have to pay the ridiculously overpriced UC Davis health care costs for the next year ($1800+ dollars for 8 months of health care). It's probably easier and cheaper to get private insurance and fill out that waiver asap.


I'm pretty sure the insurance is for the whole year, and includes dental and vision.

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby 20160810 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:21 am

I have to start getting loanz pretty soon... all these costs :shock:

OhJoy
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:36 am

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby OhJoy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:44 am

Hey everyone! I'm new to TLS. I joined because I have been waitlisted to a few schools and am riding out the waitlists. Anyway, I was accepted to UC Davis (my first acceptance!!) and I made the mistake of signing a lease to an apartment early because I thought I would not get off of any waitlists. Well, it turns out that after I signed a lease for an apartment in Davis, I was admitted in off of a waitlist at another school.

Now, unfortunately, I have a beautiful apartment, close to school in Davis that I need to sublease (at Adobe). If anyone is interested, let me know!! Thanks!!

notme
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:48 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby notme » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:24 pm

If you don't mind my asking, where is the lease, and where did you get accepted off of the waitlist that you are taking over Davis?

naturalexponent
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:32 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby naturalexponent » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:33 pm

I only found out I got in yesterday, and I still need to quit my job, so I'll be looking for an apartment sometime next month... yikes.

cantstop
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby cantstop » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:37 pm

naturalexponent wrote:I only found out I got in yesterday, and I still need to quit my job, so I'll be looking for an apartment sometime next month... yikes.


Congrats! Come find us on Facebook: UC Davis School of Law (King Hall) Class of 2012

Bsoo
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:54 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby Bsoo » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:16 pm

I used to live at Adobe at Evergreen! I really recommend it- lived there as a senior- very quiet, no problems, okay management. Only issues are parking (is a relatively new apartment so parking spaces are restricted based on City of Davis reqt's). The bus stop is across the street (but I always rode a bike). Going to GW- but love Davis-- almost joined you guys!

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby 20160810 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:23 pm

Bsoo wrote:I used to live at Adobe at Evergreen! I really recommend it- lived there as a senior- very quiet, no problems, okay management. Only issues are parking (is a relatively new apartment so parking spaces are restricted based on City of Davis reqt's). The bus stop is across the street (but I always rode a bike). Going to GW- but love Davis-- almost joined you guys!


Congrats on GW. Our situations were nearly reversed - I almost went there. Hopefully you or some other TLSer on the WL got my spot when I withdrew.

Does anyone know how much on-campus parking permits cost at UCD?

cantstop
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby cantstop » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:28 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:
Bsoo wrote:I used to live at Adobe at Evergreen! I really recommend it- lived there as a senior- very quiet, no problems, okay management. Only issues are parking (is a relatively new apartment so parking spaces are restricted based on City of Davis reqt's). The bus stop is across the street (but I always rode a bike). Going to GW- but love Davis-- almost joined you guys!


Congrats on GW. Our situations were nearly reversed - I almost went there. Hopefully you or some other TLSer on the WL got my spot when I withdrew.

Does anyone know how much on-campus parking permits cost at UCD?


http://www.taps.ucdavis.edu/parking/permits/rates.cfm

(Either $200/semester or $456/year)

Bsoo
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:54 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby Bsoo » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:32 pm

GW was actually my first acceptance- weird, but they were fast! But then it became a nightmare to figure out how to move the husband :)- Davis rocks- be sure you all do some of the brown bags on Fridays at the geology dept. next door and take a ceramics class with Annabeth across the street! And check to see if Jeff Mount still does a grand canyon rafting trip so you might-might- get a spot for spring break----
Last edited by Bsoo on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Splitt3r
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:37 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby Splitt3r » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:32 pm

cantstop wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:
Bsoo wrote:I used to live at Adobe at Evergreen! I really recommend it- lived there as a senior- very quiet, no problems, okay management. Only issues are parking (is a relatively new apartment so parking spaces are restricted based on City of Davis reqt's). The bus stop is across the street (but I always rode a bike). Going to GW- but love Davis-- almost joined you guys!


Congrats on GW. Our situations were nearly reversed - I almost went there. Hopefully you or some other TLSer on the WL got my spot when I withdrew.

Does anyone know how much on-campus parking permits cost at UCD?


http://www.taps.ucdavis.edu/parking/permits/rates.cfm

(Either $200/semester or $456/year)


I always thought they had a special permit for law students. I've seen people with parking permits hanging on their rear view mirror that says "law" or something to that effect on it. Hmmm

sbinning
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby sbinning » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:06 pm

Hey everyone!

First of all, I am so excited to be attending Davis in the fall!

I am looking for housing and was wondering if anyone else was looking for an apartment or a roommate? Please let me know because I would definitely prefer to live with a law student.

Thanks,

Sarah

cantstop
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby cantstop » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:24 pm

sbinning wrote:Hey everyone!

First of all, I am so excited to be attending Davis in the fall!

I am looking for housing and was wondering if anyone else was looking for an apartment or a roommate? Please let me know because I would definitely prefer to live with a law student.

Thanks,

Sarah


Don't forget to check the housing listing in the Admitted Students section of the UC Davis Law website. There are all sorts of people looking for roomies.

OhJoy
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:36 am

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby OhJoy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:59 pm

Anyone interested in renting my apartment at Adobe at Evergreen? Unfortunately, it must be a female. $665-month + $25 parking + utilities. Let me know if you are interested and I can give you more details! Thanks!

deadatheist
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby deadatheist » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:12 pm

OhJoy wrote:Anyone interested in renting my apartment at Adobe at Evergreen? Unfortunately, it must be a female. $665-month + $25 parking + utilities. Let me know if you are interested and I can give you more details! Thanks!


sigh... i miss the uber cheap rent and col in davis.

eth3n
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby eth3n » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:51 pm

lol ohjoy, would have been nice to know before I headed to davis ~_~

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby 20160810 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:07 pm

How do you set up the UCD email address?

User avatar
lanvengrey
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: UC Davis 2012

Postby lanvengrey » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:14 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:How do you set up the UCD email address?


I think you go here: https://computingaccounts.ucdavis.edu/c ... school=law .


Is anyone thinking of living on campus? Or is this literally impossible?




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest