Rutgers-Newark Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
bayberrymoon

New

Re: Rutgers-Newark Class of 2012

Post by bayberrymoon » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:57 am

Oh, and I can't access Blackboard either. Glad to know it's not just me.

OnAMission

New

Post by OnAMission » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:11 pm

bayberrymoon wrote:
instant83 wrote:
nicoolie wrote:Anyone else slightly confused by the schedule? Everything seems to work out okay but then Friday there's 2 II Sections of Property (on w Ball and one w Simmons)? Do we just stick w our professors on track assignments? Property (For me) is Ball every other day.

I'm Track II (2). Anyone else?
Yeah I'm also track II (2). I brought up that discrepency and phooey182 said it has been brought to Dean Walton's attention. Hopefully she'll clear it up for us early next week.
Track II (2) also. Hey section mates :D
Track II (2) as well!

rodbel24

New

Post by rodbel24 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:37 pm

I haven't heard of any track III people, I hope I'm not the only one!

nicoolie

New

Post by nicoolie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:46 pm

bayberrymoon wrote:
instant83 wrote:
nicoolie wrote:Anyone else slightly confused by the schedule? Everything seems to work out okay but then Friday there's 2 II Sections of Property (on w Ball and one w Simmons)? Do we just stick w our professors on track assignments? Property (For me) is Ball every other day.

I'm Track II (2). Anyone else?
Yeah I'm also track II (2). I brought up that discrepency and phooey182 said it has been brought to Dean Walton's attention. Hopefully she'll clear it up for us early next week.
Track II (2) also. Hey section mates :D[/quote

Thanks! I'm sure she'll have it all sorted out soon. :)

phooey182

Bronze

Post by phooey182 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Update on Blackboard and the Schedule.....

I spoke to Anita. She admitted the schedule had some typos on it and said there would be a correction, although she didn't say when.

I also spoke to the Help Desk about accessing Blackboard. The Help Desk told me that we would not be granted access to Blackboard until the THIRD week of August. I forwarded that info to Anita and asked if this was to be expected. I think waiting until the third week of August to get our booklists is retarded. I expect something will be done about it.

Will keep u posted.

Second Update

Anita sent out an e-mail concerning Blackboard with the booklist attached. I'm sure she is sick of hearing from me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dapoetic1

Bronze

Post by dapoetic1 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:05 pm

phooey182 wrote:Update on Blackboard and the Schedule.....

I spoke to Anita. She admitted the schedule had some typos on it and said there would be a correction, although she didn't say when.

I also spoke to the Help Desk about accessing Blackboard. The Help Desk told me that we would not be granted access to Blackboard until the THIRD week of August. I forwarded that info to Anita and asked if this was to be expected. I think waiting until the third week of August to get our booklists is retarded. I expect something will be done about it.

Will keep u posted.

Second Update

Anita sent out an e-mail concerning Blackboard with the booklist attached. I'm sure she is sick of hearing from me.

AWESOME!!!! I think I'm going to enjoy being your classmate. Way to kick down the doors :mrgreen:

Anyone else missing professors off that list--I've everything except for my contracts (Safrin) and LRW( Soled)?

phooey182

Bronze

Post by phooey182 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:50 pm

dapoetic1 wrote:

Will keep u posted.

Second Update

AWESOME!!!! I think I'm going to enjoy being your classmate. Way to kick down the doors :mrgreen:

Anyone else missing professors off that list--I've everything except for my contracts (Safrin) and LRW( Soled)?
You should note that the courses are broken down by professor. But ALL LR&W Courses use the same books, listed under Prof. Nardone. Look in the 'notes' column.

BTW, if I buy all Required and Recommended books for my courses (NEW)...

$820.49

dapoetic1

Bronze

Post by dapoetic1 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:15 pm

phooey182 wrote:
dapoetic1 wrote:

Will keep u posted.

Second Update

You should note that the courses are broken down by professor. But ALL LR&W Courses use the same books, listed under Prof. Nardone. Look in the 'notes' column.

$820.49
Ah--good to know!
$800 isn't too bad! I had undergrad and grad text books that cost more for 1 semester.
I think I'm ordering most of mine on Amazon. I have prime membership so I get free two day shipping. If nothing else I'll save on shipping cost.
I haven't decided if I'm going new or used, but based on what I've seen I don't think it'll be too much to go all new. I'm not a huge fan of buying ued books unseen that have highlighting all over them. Some of it may not be bad and may be quite beneficial but it may just be confusing and distracting since I'm very particular about how I outline, hightlight and refernce things to study later. While I'm still raking in the dough from my job I may just splurge and buy the new books.

phooey182

Bronze

Post by phooey182 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:35 pm

dapoetic1 wrote:
phooey182 wrote:
dapoetic1 wrote:

Will keep u posted.

Second Update

$820.49
Ah--good to know!
$800 isn't too bad! I had undergrad and grad text books that cost more for 1 semester.
I think I'm ordering most of mine on Amazon. I have prime membership so I get free two day shipping. If nothing else I'll save on shipping cost.
I haven't decided if I'm going new or used, but based on what I've seen I don't think it'll be too much to go all new. I'm not a huge fan of buying ued books unseen that have highlighting all over them. Some of it may not be bad and may be quite beneficial but it may just be confusing and distracting since I'm very particular about how I outline, hightlight and refernce things to study later. While I'm still raking in the dough from my job I may just splurge and buy the new books.
Do we think the university bookstore is any cheaper than amazon? Just wondering.

I plan on buying all new books. I hate hand-me-downs. Had too much of that as a kid.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nicoolie

New

Post by nicoolie » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:40 pm

phooey182 wrote:
dapoetic1 wrote:

Will keep u posted.

Second Update

$820.49
ha me too. exactly 820.49. Yay track II! A few are out of stock but hopefully they'll be in soon. We're ordering pretty early.

dapoetic1

Bronze

Post by dapoetic1 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:42 pm

phooey182 wrote: BTW, if I buy all Required and Recommended books for my courses (NEW)...

$820.49

Do we think the university bookstore is any cheaper than amazon? Just wondering.

I plan on buying all new books. I hate hand-me-downs. Had too much of that as a kid.
The Rutgers Bookstore is run thru Barnes & Noble so I would expect their prices to be the same as the regular store.

MIA

New

Post by MIA » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:48 am

Hi everyone, I'm in Track IV (9). I'll see you guys in the fall!

nocalls4jeff

New

Post by nocalls4jeff » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:15 am

rodbel24 wrote:I haven't heard of any track III people, I hope I'm not the only one!
I'm track 3 as well! So now there's at least 2 of us in that section.....anybody else?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Maniche018

New

Post by Maniche018 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:56 am

Track VIII anyone??

Gosha79

New

Post by Gosha79 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:29 am

Hi my future law buddies, I am in Track 2 section 2.

If anyone lives in Brooklyn and needs a ride to school for MSP or during the regular school year please let me know. I will be driving to school and back everyday, therefore, I'm willing, for a reasonable fee, to give you a ride in both directions. If you live within a short distance from me I can even pick you up. Anyone interested please let me know. Otherwise I'll all see you at the orientation.
Enjoy your last weeks.

maxima099

New

Post by maxima099 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:17 pm

MIA wrote:Hi everyone, I'm in Track IV (9). I'll see you guys in the fall!
same here!

dapoetic1

Bronze

Post by dapoetic1 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:54 pm

Man it seems like the early track especially track II really is popular.
I've only seen one other late tracker in the day program .
OH well I'm sure I'll see enough of them this fall

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sergris

New

Post by sergris » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:59 pm

Any early track part-timers here?

FiatLux

New

Post by FiatLux » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:53 pm

dapoetic1 wrote:Man it seems like the early track especially track II really is popular.
I'm also Track VI in the day program.

dapoetic1

Bronze

Post by dapoetic1 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:16 pm

FiatLux wrote:
dapoetic1 wrote:Man it seems like the early track especially track II really is popular.
I'm also Track VI in the day program.
Excellent!

phooey182

Bronze

Post by phooey182 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:27 pm

In case you haven't seen this

The Complete 0L guide to 1L
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 11&t=77498

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

king3780

Bronze

Post by king3780 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:53 pm

sergris wrote:Any early track part-timers here?
Early track part timer right here. Woot, woot!

bayberrymoon

New

Post by bayberrymoon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:32 am

It looks like there is a revised version of the schedule on the Entering Students page. For us Track IIers, our mistaken Property course with Simmons (instead of Ball) is corrected to belong to another track.

dapoetic1

Bronze

Post by dapoetic1 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:11 am

bayberrymoon wrote:It looks like there is a revised version of the schedule on the Entering Students page. For us Track IIers, our mistaken Property course with Simmons (instead of Ball) is corrected to belong to another track.
Yeah--track VI had Contracts now.

For those in tracks I, II and III has anyone said why you have Contracts back to back on Monday?

dapoetic1

Bronze

Post by dapoetic1 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:14 am

It's OFFICIAL!!!
I owe Rutgers money. :lol:
I guess that's a good thing. As soon as all of my funds clear I can verify enrollment and be on my way to Blackboard and 1 step closer to starting classes.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”