Hastings Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
jawsome

New

Re: Hastings Class of 2012

Post by jawsome » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:54 pm

sbcity24 wrote:Not a big fan of this whole correlation between sections and class rank thing as I would appear to bring up the rear in section 5. Crim, civ pro, contracts, and legal writing. 9:40-6:50 every Thursday. Anyone know what time Beer on the Beach starts? Seems like it might be necessary at the end of that day.
Definitely!

Also, the Tower has a free air hockey and pool table. There's also a pretty decent pizza place a block away that has $5 pitchers of good beer.

lanvengrey

New

Post by lanvengrey » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:44 pm

jawsome wrote: Definitely!

Also, the Tower has a free air hockey and pool table. There's also a pretty decent pizza place a block away that has $5 pitchers of good beer.
This sounds awesome!! Any section 3ers out there? :)

deadatheist

Bronze

Post by deadatheist » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:33 pm

friends and future classmates: i would love to see more names listed for those of us attending uch on the tls class of 2012 list here:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 20&t=47141

if you have a minute, please check it out and help represent

misformafia

New

Post by misformafia » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Anyone know if there are still rooms available in the tower??? Thanks. I know I could just look up the number somewhere and call...

deadatheist

Bronze

Post by deadatheist » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:42 pm

misformafia wrote:Anyone know if there are still rooms available in the tower??? Thanks. I know I could just look up the number somewhere and call...
maybe 2, we received an email on friday about them. if they're still available come monday i'll share some of the details provided.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lanvengrey

New

Post by lanvengrey » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Unfortunately I think the 2 vacancies in the tower are filled already. :( Anyone have access to the online housing board? I sent my request a week ago but the office has been really slow in processing my request. Ah! I am semi freaking out about this housing situation :( . Anyone looking for female roommates?

sbcity24

New

Post by sbcity24 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:29 pm

If you'd like I could forward you the UCH Housing emails as they come to me. I've gotten at least 5 today looking for people. Let me know and I'd be more than happy to help you out.

lanvengrey

New

Post by lanvengrey » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:04 pm

Thanks guys but everything is all figured out. I will be living in the Tower this coming fall. :)

deadatheist

Bronze

Post by deadatheist » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:04 pm

i'm finally on the other side of all that paperwork. through my cycle i've completed enrollment paperwork for 3 schools, and hastings hands down wins the red tape award. by far.

my original fabulous housing plans fell through, so i'm on a quest for the perfect place once more. if anyone else is still looking and would like to share in the adventure of san francisco apt hunting and viewing this late in the game, pm me anytime: i know my way around the city quite well. similarly, if anyone withdraws from hastings between now and the start of school, if you'll need to break a lease- there's a possibility we may be able to work something out, right?

just thought i'd throw that out there should it apply to anyone. good luck again to section 1ers and your reading assignment!

:)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lanvengrey

New

Post by lanvengrey » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:58 pm

deadatheist wrote:i'm finally on the other side of all that paperwork. through my cycle i've completed enrollment paperwork for 3 schools, and hastings hands down wins the red tape award. by far.

my original fabulous housing plans fell through, so i'm on a quest for the perfect place once more. if anyone else is still looking and would like to share in the adventure of san francisco apt hunting and viewing this late in the game, pm me anytime: i know my way around the city quite well. similarly, if anyone withdraws from hastings between now and the start of school, if you'll need to break a lease- there's a possibility we may be able to work something out, right?

just thought i'd throw that out there should it apply to anyone. good luck again to section 1ers and your reading assignment!

:)
There is available for female students looking for 1 bedrooms at Mission Bay if anyone is interested!

lanvengrey

New

Post by lanvengrey » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:39 am

Can anyone tell me about printing services at Hastings and/or the Tower? I'm wondering if it's a good idea to buy my own laser printer and what other students are planning to do. Thanks! :)

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:06 pm

so it looks like BART will be on strike starting monday...any East Bay commuters want to rideshare?

deadatheist

Bronze

Post by deadatheist » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:24 pm

swheat wrote:so it looks like BART will be on strike starting monday...any East Bay commuters want to rideshare?

:shock: that is horribly inconvenient... i'd heard about the possibility of the strike, but didn't know it would really happen.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:38 am

deadatheist wrote:
swheat wrote:so it looks like BART will be on strike starting monday...any East Bay commuters want to rideshare?

:shock: that is horribly inconvenient... i'd heard about the possibility of the strike, but didn't know it would really happen.
yup...check out the vids from 1997 on kron4.com

1 hour commutes became 3 hour commutes. So lucky that I got a 9:40 section

readereader

New

Post by readereader » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:59 am

If they're still striking on Wednesday, I'm in! There's another girl on Facebook who wants to rideshare -she's in San Leandro.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:01 pm

readereader wrote:
If they're still striking on Wednesday, I'm in! There's another girl on Facebook who wants to rideshare -she's in San Leandro.
I'm in Dublin...my SUV is a gas hog though (15mpg...I know I know, but in my defense I got it in 2002 when gas was $1.25/gal) so I'd rather pay my share.

deadatheist

Bronze

Post by deadatheist » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:44 pm

the bart strike shall from here on out be referred to as "bs" based on an excerpt i saw in an article. that's funny.

and regarding our orientation: i just noticed we'll be meeting at the herbst theatre in the war memorial building...
--ImageRemoved--

that is completely awesome. i love it there and have been to the green room a few times...i know an old lady who works at the wm building whose office is like a timewarp... no clocks, no computers, no phone. just doilies everywhere <3 <3

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

deadatheist

Bronze

Post by deadatheist » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:37 pm

so... hows about a happy hour gathering one of these days after orientation? temple bar maybe? tuesday or wednesday after we break? any thoughts?

we can plan it out through pms; i know i've had a lot of suggestions that way, but thought i'd throw it out here first. might be nice for those new to the city, or just wanting to meet some classmates in a more laid-back setting...

i rarely play the event planner, so if anyone else wants to coordinate- feel free!

lanvengrey

New

Post by lanvengrey » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:00 am

This sounds awesome! Let me know if anything happens DA! :) I'm pretty new to SF so unfortunately I will not make a good coordinator :x

jawsome

New

Post by jawsome » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:55 am

deadatheist wrote:so... hows about a happy hour gathering one of these days after orientation? temple bar maybe? tuesday or wednesday after we break? any thoughts?

we can plan it out through pms; i know i've had a lot of suggestions that way, but thought i'd throw it out here first. might be nice for those new to the city, or just wanting to meet some classmates in a more laid-back setting...

i rarely play the event planner, so if anyone else wants to coordinate- feel free!
Count me in! There are plenty of awesome bars in the area. I went out last night and was happy with the few bars I went to, all of which were in walking distance of campus.

mnolen

Bronze

Post by mnolen » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:37 pm

I'd be down for a meet up too :) Spent my first night in my new apartment last night... both weird and exciting. I can't believe orientation is so soon. Anyone else freaking out?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

deadatheist

Bronze

Post by deadatheist » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:31 pm

happy last day of freedom class of 2012!! :)

so no official bar night plans yet, but people can always wing that kind of thing if they want to. the weather looks like it'll turn out to be be a nice san francisco day too...yay. this is very exciting!!

ps: everyone in this thread should wear either a boa or cowboy hat tomorrow so we can recognize each other. :P

readereader

New

Post by readereader » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:07 pm

deadatheist wrote:happy last day of freedom class of 2012!! :)

so no official bar night plans yet, but people can always wing that kind of thing if they want to. the weather looks like it'll turn out to be be a nice san francisco day too...yay. this is very exciting!!

ps: everyone in this thread should wear either a boa or cowboy hat tomorrow so we can recognize each other. :P
I don't have either of those things!! Terrible! Good thing I'm six-four and blonde. (OK, I'm lying...)

jawsome

New

Post by jawsome » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:36 pm

I can't do anything tonight but any other night this week will work.

thischarmingman

New

Post by thischarmingman » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:43 pm

Does anyone know what that Bluebook is for that the bookstore is saying I need to buy? Is it for the Legal Writing class? Bookstore says it's for class 1311 but that class is not on my schedule.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”