NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
gogators
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:20 am

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby gogators » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:11 pm

jaudette wrote:Yes well that almost definitely is it. Did you get your class schedule at ND yet? Because it probably will be mine now. I'd appreciate it if you shared.


Sorry no I was actually checking right up till the point that I called but I hadn't gotten it yet. Hopefully you got some money as well because I turned down like $20k / year.

nkrienke32
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:06 am

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby nkrienke32 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:42 am

A crisp October afternoon, with the golden leaves of autumn and a blue-gray sky.

This is the smell of football:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t89zYrTf ... r_embedded

Go Irish!

darkknight2000
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:17 pm

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby darkknight2000 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:11 am

jaudette wrote:Off of the WL today! I'll be seeing you all in South Bend!


Congrats jaudette! Look forward to you joining us in a couple weeks!

User avatar
jaudette
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby jaudette » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:14 am

gogators wrote:
jaudette wrote:Yes well that almost definitely is it. Did you get your class schedule at ND yet? Because it probably will be mine now. I'd appreciate it if you shared.


Sorry no I was actually checking right up till the point that I called but I hadn't gotten it yet. Hopefully you got some money as well because I turned down like $20k / year.



Probably not because I am below median, but I'm hoping my EFC=0 gets me some need based.

User avatar
jaudette
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby jaudette » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:14 pm

Gators, I couldn't help but think of this scene being a analogy for our relationship. Ironically my name is also James. Unironically you weren't killed in France in 1944.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTv9QgPrXCU

carpet
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:55 am

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby carpet » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:51 pm

when/where do we buy books?

carpet
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:55 am

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby carpet » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:07 pm

nevermind. I just went to the hammes bookstore website and looked up books my course number.


800 bucks... :(

we pretty much need to buy them new, right? becuase it would be useless to get books that have already been highlighted in?

User avatar
gogators
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:20 am

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby gogators » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:37 pm

jaudette wrote:Gators, I couldn't help but think of this scene being a analogy for our relationship. Ironically my name is also James. Unironically you weren't killed in France in 1944.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTv9QgPrXCU


ROFL :lol:

User avatar
edgarderby
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:51 pm

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby edgarderby » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:44 pm

carpet wrote:nevermind. I just went to the hammes bookstore website and looked up books my course number.


800 bucks... :(

we pretty much need to buy them new, right? becuase it would be useless to get books that have already been highlighted in?


I didn't get the current edition for ANYTHING. for one class, I had a 10 year old book. Scored near top of class.

I think I spent less than a $100 on texts for the entire year, so....just buy the old editions on amazon.

carpet
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:55 am

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby carpet » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:23 am

edgarderby wrote:
carpet wrote:nevermind. I just went to the hammes bookstore website and looked up books my course number.


800 bucks... :(

we pretty much need to buy them new, right? becuase it would be useless to get books that have already been highlighted in?


I didn't get the current edition for ANYTHING. for one class, I had a 10 year old book. Scored near top of class.

I think I spent less than a $100 on texts for the entire year, so....just buy the old editions on amazon.



dammit, too late. did you get books with no highlighting?

atylwr
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:05 am

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby atylwr » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:29 am

Any recommendations on how to choose additional reference materials for classes (i.e. case summaries and commercial outlines)?

User avatar
edgarderby
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:51 pm

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby edgarderby » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:53 am

carpet wrote:
edgarderby wrote:
carpet wrote:nevermind. I just went to the hammes bookstore website and looked up books my course number.


800 bucks... :(

we pretty much need to buy them new, right? becuase it would be useless to get books that have already been highlighted in?


I didn't get the current edition for ANYTHING. for one class, I had a 10 year old book. Scored near top of class.

I think I spent less than a $100 on texts for the entire year, so....just buy the old editions on amazon.



dammit, too late. did you get books with no highlighting?



sometimes, but if you want a clean copy of the case to highlight, why not just print it out on lexis/westlaw?

User avatar
edgarderby
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:51 pm

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby edgarderby » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:54 am

atylwr wrote:Any recommendations on how to choose additional reference materials for classes (i.e. case summaries and commercial outlines)?


I used the crunchtime series to make a skeleton outline for all my 1L classes, then added stuff from class notes, then deleted everything from the outline that wasnt covered, and then filling out any thing i was spotty in with stuff from the E&Es.

User avatar
dantimreynolds
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby dantimreynolds » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:51 pm

I got my schedual and I don't have any classes on monday and my classes on Friday end at 12! Are we all this lucky?

User avatar
zonkadonk
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:26 pm

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby zonkadonk » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:26 pm

dantimreynolds wrote:I got my schedual and I don't have any classes on monday and my classes on Friday end at 12! Are we all this lucky?


dude. seriously, you better be the most fun person on the planet, constantly inspiring us all to drink. congratulations! :)

User avatar
dantimreynolds
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby dantimreynolds » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:10 am

d
Last edited by dantimreynolds on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zonkadonk
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:26 pm

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby zonkadonk » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:16 pm

heartbreaker. damn insidend nonsense.

User avatar
malagueno
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:38 pm

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby malagueno » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:02 pm

Anyone else get an email making it sound like we do have class on the first Monday? Is this just an InsideND glitch making us assume we don't have class until Tuesday?

User avatar
jaudette
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby jaudette » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:06 pm

I think we do have class on Monday, and that they set up InsideND to start with the undergrads schedule.

udlordly
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby udlordly » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:24 am

Here we go. I'm heading up to South Bend right now, see you all tomorrow morning!

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby angiej » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:03 am

Anyone going to the season opener this Saturday?

nycparalegal
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:26 am

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby nycparalegal » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:08 pm

Just curious: I applied to Notre Dame through LSAC and haven't heard anything back from the admissions office. I applied a little before Christmas. Has anyone heard from them yet?

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby chadwick218 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:02 pm

nycparalegal wrote:Just curious: I applied to Notre Dame through LSAC and haven't heard anything back from the admissions office. I applied a little before Christmas. Has anyone heard from them yet?


Seeing that this thread is dedicated to the Class of 2012, I imagine that most everyone has heard back from ND. :wink:




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest