NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Ray D. O'Head

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Postby Ray D. O'Head » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:07 am

tifania wrote:Thanks guys!
I submitted after Feb 15. I'll sit tight and wait... :)

Should not be too long though. I submitted around March 1st and heard back around St. Patrick's Day or so.

Esquires09

Postby Esquires09 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:13 am

I am still waiting to hear back from Notre Dame too. I am hoping they still have some spots available. If I don't crack T10, then I will definitely attend Notre Dame (if admitted). What do you think about South Bend?

amathey

Postby amathey » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:51 pm

just wondering if anyone else saw that the current dean of Notre Dame is stepping down, and that a new dean, Nell Newton, was appointed as of March 31.

Interesting.. Hopefully this new dean is good. i liked Patrica O'Hara when I visited for ASD a couple of weeks ago.

gogators

Postby gogators » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:16 pm

amathey wrote:just wondering if anyone else saw that the current dean of Notre Dame is stepping down, and that a new dean, Nell Newton, was appointed as of March 31.

Interesting.. Hopefully this new dean is good. i liked Patrica O'Hara when I visited for ASD a couple of weeks ago.

Ya, I fly into campus today for the open house tomorrow and saw that they nabbed the UC Hastings Dean....interesting...but unfortunately I won't get to meet her till the fall.

On another note...I was under the impression that construction at the new law school had been finished, but apparently I was wrong cause they're still working hardcore on the outside of the front of the building.

braun223

Postby braun223 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:21 pm

Anyone attending Notre Dame at sticker? That is what is holding me back.

kbigs

Postby kbigs » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:44 pm

braun223 wrote:Anyone attending Notre Dame at sticker? That is what is holding me back.

I've been waitlisted, but if I gain admission I likely will.

braun223

Postby braun223 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:55 pm

kbigs wrote:
braun223 wrote:Anyone attending Notre Dame at sticker? That is what is holding me back.

Any hesitations about it? I am looking at government work so I don't know if I can justify the debt.

kbigs

Postby kbigs » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:08 pm

braun223 wrote:
kbigs wrote:

Any hesitations about it? I am looking at government work so I don't know if I can justify the debt.

Definite hesitations. Before my deluge of waitlists started coming in, I was sold on relocating to Miami and setting up shop there because of the scholarship they gave me. However, having a sister that went to a T14, worked biglaw in NYC for a year and a half, and now finds herself laid-off with crappy job prospects, I've re-thought my plans, and I am thinking that the best degree I can possibly get would be worth the extra 50-60k in debt. I know many are of the mind that sticker price at anything other than T14 is crazy, but for me, if Notre Dame is the best school I can get into, I think I'm going to have to heavily consider going at sticker and hope that the job climate I enter is better than the one lawyers currently seeking work are dealing with.

I'm visiting in a couple of weeks to check out the campus and meet with the admissions staff.

longhornem

Postby longhornem » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:36 am

gogators wrote:
amathey wrote:just wondering if anyone else saw that the current dean of Notre Dame is stepping down, and that a new dean, Nell Newton, was appointed as of March 31.

Ya, I fly into campus today for the open house tomorrow and saw that they nabbed the UC Hastings Dean....interesting...but unfortunately I won't get to meet her till the fall.

On another note...I was under the impression that construction at the new law school had been finished, but apparently I was wrong cause they're still working hardcore on the outside of the front of the building.

The new building is finished. Now they're renovating the old building to turn it into a giant library (they'll be connected when it all opens). That's what the construction stuff still around the law school is.

darkknight2000

Postby darkknight2000 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give this a bump as the official deposit deadline is coming up this Friday. Anyone else wanna come on board? By the way, the facebook group for our class is now up...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 055&ref=mf

If the link doesn't work, just search Notre Dame Law Class of 2012 and it should come up. It's an open group so feel free to join in.

Anyway, I hope all of you that're are going there this fall are as excited as I am!

bjmichel77

Postby bjmichel77 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:10 am

I am happy to say that I'm going to join all you that are attending ND in the fall. After the ASD last week, I was sold.

ubermensch

Postby ubermensch » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:56 pm

I will be attending as well. Congrats, everyone! :D

malagueno

Postby malagueno » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:59 pm

I'll add my name to this list. It will be a pleasure to be able to associate with each and every one of you over the next three years!

ubermensch

Postby ubermensch » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:18 pm

What is everyone doing for housing? I would prefer to rent a house with a roommate or two near campus, but I'm unfamiliar with the area.

kiwislug

Postby kiwislug » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:20 pm

ubermensch wrote:What is everyone doing for housing? I would prefer to rent a house with a roommate or two near campus, but I'm unfamiliar with the area.

+1

malagueno

Postby malagueno » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:25 pm

malagueno wrote:I'll add my name to this list. It will be a pleasure to be able to associate with each and every one of you over the next three years!

I'll semi-out myself now and say that I'm married with a kid (might not be too many of us). I don't think I'd make good roommate material.

ubermensch

Postby ubermensch » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:12 pm

kiwislug wrote:
+1

I would REALLY prefer to live with a NDLS student, so if you or anyone here would like to look into sharing a house, please let me know.

I'm 26, male, and pretty tidy and quiet.

gogators

Postby gogators » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:18 pm

ubermensch wrote:
kiwislug wrote:
+1

I would REALLY prefer to live with a NDLS student, so if you or anyone here would like to look into sharing a house, please let me know.

I saw the graduate housing when I was there recently, and I thought the two bedroom version was very nice and for a very nice price. My 0.02

Ray D. O'Head

Postby Ray D. O'Head » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:15 pm

this guy ---> 8) <--- is also looking for a roommate. anyone else looking? or has anyone else filled out the roommate identification form on the website?

bjmichel77

Postby bjmichel77 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:35 pm

I'm not joining in on the roommate search, as I haven't had a place to myself in over 4 years, but there are plenty of very affordable housing options for 2BRs. After the ASD, I applied for a 1br at Williamsburg on the Lake, just south of Edison off of Main St. They have 2BR options for around 700, plus townhouses that afford a bit more space. the main selling point for me was that they include gas, so no worries about racking up a huge heating bill in those lovely icebox days between october and...well...today.

if anyone is totally dead set on living as close to campus as possible, thats fine. however, in my seaching i found cleaner apartments/neighborhoods in mishawaka, just to the east. still plenty of places within 5 miles of campus. far away enough to find cheaper prices, but still definitely close enough to come back home if you dont feel like hanging around campus between classes.

ubermensch

Postby ubermensch » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:53 pm

Ray D. O'Head wrote:this guy ---> 8) <--- is also looking for a roommate. anyone else looking? or has anyone else filled out the roommate identification form on the website?

I haven't done the roommate identification. I thought it was just for on-campus housing. Is this not the case?

bjmichel77 wrote:I'm not joining in on the roommate search, as I haven't had a place to myself in over 4 years, but there are plenty of very affordable housing options for 2BRs. After the ASD, I applied for a 1br at Williamsburg on the Lake, just south of Edison off of Main St. They have 2BR options for around 700, plus townhouses that afford a bit more space. the main selling point for me was that they include gas, so no worries about racking up a huge heating bill in those lovely icebox days between october and...well...today.

if anyone is totally dead set on living as close to campus as possible, thats fine. however, in my seaching i found cleaner apartments/neighborhoods in mishawaka, just to the east. still plenty of places within 5 miles of campus. far away enough to find cheaper prices, but still definitely close enough to come back home if you dont feel like hanging around campus between classes.

I appreciate the info. Feel free to add to it if you can think of anything else. I've spent a bit of time in NW Indiana, but I've never been to South Bend.

Ray D. O'Head

Postby Ray D. O'Head » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:30 pm

Yeah, it is also for off-campus

edgarderby

Postby edgarderby » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:31 pm

gogators wrote:
ubermensch wrote:
kiwislug wrote:
+1

I saw the graduate housing when I was there recently, and I thought the two bedroom version was very nice and for a very nice price. My 0.02

You might want to look harder...Fischer is way overpriced compared to other apartments. Me and longhornem are living at what are probably the nicest apts near Notre Dame, just as far from the law building as Fischer, and yet I'm only going to be paying ~75 more a month. The only problem is, these are the only ones within walking distance that are nice, and they are in very high demand (We got the last 2 bedroom for next year a month ago, and that was after no 1 bedrooms were left).

amathey

Postby amathey » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:42 pm

edgarderby, you and longhorenm are living together next year? cute.

edgarderby

Postby edgarderby » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:42 pm

amathey wrote:edgarderby, you and longhorenm are living together next year? cute.

She wrecked into my car, and the judge in our case decreed that she would have to serve as my butler for a year to pay off her debt.

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”