Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
jrock12
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby jrock12 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:42 pm

let/them/eat/cake wrote:Also, ?:

i got accepted like three weeks ago and still haven't gotten anything tangible in the mail. is this overly long? anyone else have to wait this length of time? is there anything in whatever packet i will (hopefully) receive that I can't find on the Admitted students website? anyone can shed any light on any of this, it'd be much appreciated. thx.


they are pretty slow with mailing stuff...

...nothing you can not find on the ASW, dont worry

jrock12
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby jrock12 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:46 pm

let/them/eat/cake wrote:
geoanthem wrote:
jrock12 wrote:casually as in jeans?

or go the safer rought and throw a pair of pants on?

wear jeans, dress shoes and a button down shirt (untucked). Best of both worlds.


i think TITCR but I might throw the slacks on anyway. I guess it kind of depends on if i make it home after work on fri nite/before I go to the ASD Saturday morning....


i'm not sure what i'm gonna do yet, but fwiw, the consensus overall for ASDs seems to be that decent jeans are fine...i spoke to someone who'd gone to one of the previous fordham ASDs and they mentioned that jeans were pretty much par for the course

lsat 2008
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:37 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby lsat 2008 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:22 pm

do any of you know if there is going to be another admitted students day anytime soon?

revolution724
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:16 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby revolution724 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:00 pm

Ohai. I am glad to know there IS a thread after all.

Soo.. there's a slim chance Emory might be able to buy me off, but I'm 95% sure I'm going to Fordham. Hello, possible/likely classmates. How informative is that binder? Allegedly mine was mailed a week ago, but I haven't received it yet.

Bankhead
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:50 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby Bankhead » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:15 pm

revolution724 wrote:Ohai. I am glad to know there IS a thread after all.

Soo.. there's a slim chance Emory might be able to buy me off, but I'm 95% sure I'm going to Fordham. Hello, possible/likely classmates. How informative is that binder? Allegedly mine was mailed a week ago, but I haven't received it yet.


Quite informative. I would try to obtain a copy, even if it means bugging the admissions office further.

User avatar
let/them/eat/cake
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby let/them/eat/cake » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:19 pm

I have been accepted for like 6 weeks and still don't have the binder.

Also, I live in Manhattan lol

Is there actually anything in it that I can't find on the website?

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby geoanthem » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:22 pm

let/them/eat/cake wrote:I have been accepted for like 6 weeks and still don't have the binder.

Also, I live in Manhattan lol

Is there actually anything in it that I can't find on the website?

I live in Manhattan and my status checker reflects this yet they still send all my mailings (including the binder) to my permanent address in Boston. Go figure.

revolution724
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:16 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby revolution724 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:40 pm

nitsudrx wrote:
revolution724 wrote:Ohai. I am glad to know there IS a thread after all.

Soo.. there's a slim chance Emory might be able to buy me off, but I'm 95% sure I'm going to Fordham. Hello, possible/likely classmates. How informative is that binder? Allegedly mine was mailed a week ago, but I haven't received it yet.


Quite informative. I would try to obtain a copy, even if it means bugging the admissions office further.


I'll call them tomorrow if it's not waiting for me at home tonight.

gavinxdorian
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:44 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby gavinxdorian » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:07 pm

I'm in the exact same boat. The binder and acceptance letter were supposedly mailed on the 30th, but I don't have either yet, and I live in Brooklyn.

Ironically, I did receive the financial aid booklet...

Woodbane77
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby Woodbane77 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:45 pm

The financial aid packet got delivered yesterday, and I received the binder and official letter today; chances are if you have received the one the other is probably on its way.

casper00
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:12 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby casper00 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:31 pm

Officially - Fordham 2012!

User avatar
Lawyer2012
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:16 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby Lawyer2012 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:32 pm

Woodbane77 wrote:The financial aid packet got delivered yesterday, and I received the binder and official letter today; chances are if you have received the one the other is probably on its way.


Hey, if you don't mind, where are you located and when did your status checker say that they were sent?

User avatar
Lawyer2012
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:16 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby Lawyer2012 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:33 pm

casper00 wrote:Officially - Fordham 2012!


Congrats!

revolution724
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:16 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby revolution724 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:03 am

Very excited - I just submitted an application to their Stein Scholars Program for public interest yesterday. Today, I found out that the head of that program, the very individual to whom I submitted my application, is going to be on a panel here at my place of employment next Monday night! Can't beat that opportunity with a stick - you bet I'm going to show up and set the charm on stun.

Bankhead
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:50 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby Bankhead » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:58 pm

revolution724 wrote:Very excited - I just submitted an application to their Stein Scholars Program for public interest yesterday. Today, I found out that the head of that program, the very individual to whom I submitted my application, is going to be on a panel here at my place of employment next Monday night! Can't beat that opportunity with a stick - you bet I'm going to show up and set the charm on stun.


Do you think applying to this program is a good idea even if I'm not 100% committed to working in public interest after law school?

revolution724
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:16 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby revolution724 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:02 am

nitsudrx wrote:
revolution724 wrote:Very excited - I just submitted an application to their Stein Scholars Program for public interest yesterday. Today, I found out that the head of that program, the very individual to whom I submitted my application, is going to be on a panel here at my place of employment next Monday night! Can't beat that opportunity with a stick - you bet I'm going to show up and set the charm on stun.


Do you think applying to this program is a good idea even if I'm not 100% committed to working in public interest after law school?


It doesn't cost anything to apply, and it's not some huge, terrible application (five questions about why do you want to do this, basically), so I wouldn't say it's a bad idea. If you're interested in legal ethics, you might find the coursework interesting. That said, the main thrust of it is to get you into summer externships in public interest organizations; if you want to go into a law firm after graduation, you'd doubtlessly be better off trying to get a summer associate gig instead.

heather87
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:33 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby heather87 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:44 pm

casper00 wrote:Officially - Fordham 2012!



me too!!

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby geoanthem » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:45 pm

heather87 wrote:
casper00 wrote:Officially - Fordham 2012!



me too!!

Me as well!

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby geoanthem » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:55 am

Bumping this. Why is this thread so dead?

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby silenziatori » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:04 am

I mailed my first deposit last week. I'm waiting on decisions for a couple of wait lists; if they don't work out in my favor, I'll be at Fordham come August.

User avatar
SmittyLaw
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:16 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby SmittyLaw » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:08 am

I think I will be there too. Wish they had offered me some merit aid.

User avatar
let/them/eat/cake
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby let/them/eat/cake » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:10 am

Pretty sure I'll be attending Fordham in August. In any case, it is the only place I'm putting a seat deposit down.

Now where I'll be living in August, that is another issue all together....

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby geoanthem » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:13 am

I'll be staying in the city and going next year! How much are you looking to spend on housing?

jrock12
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby jrock12 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:16 am

cake, where do you live now? any idea where you plan on looking?

geo, you're midtown right?

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby geoanthem » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:18 am

Yeah I love my building. Its young and good-looking. Its not that cheap though. But I hear Astoria (in Queens) is great for younger people looking to pay a little less.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest