Fordham Law School Class of 2012 Memories

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby OperaSoprano » Sat May 30, 2009 11:02 am

the fledgling wrote:
silenziatori wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:...
I did find out something useful from the head of finaid: the COA has not yet been finalized, but she thinks it will be around $70k for full time kids, and $59k for us (not including tuition for summer classes if we plan to transfer over.)

She pegged the new FT tuition at around $44k, but noted that this was not set yet.

She also said that anyone still waiting on need based aid could get on a waiting list, but they would be unlikely to receive anything unless their families made under $45k a year.

She was quite helpful and friendly!


:shock:

I'll be hitting those scholly apps hard for 2L.


Seriously. I'm jealous OS, I didn't get any cake when I visited :(


Silenz: What scholly apps did you find?

Fledgling: It was at least my fourth visit. They probably mistook me for a staffer or something. :P

New, upward revision of total debt: $225,000. It's quite possible that without IBR, the payments on that would nearly equal my starting salary. I still want to do public interest work. I hope economic realities never change my mind.

User avatar
the fledgling
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby the fledgling » Sat May 30, 2009 12:08 pm

If you have to you could start off in a higher paying field and transfer to PI as soon as its fiscally possible. I know someone who did something similar (big law four years --> DA's office).

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby silenziatori » Sat May 30, 2009 12:20 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
Silenz: What scholly apps did you find?

Fledgling: It was at least my fourth visit. They probably mistook me for a staffer or something. :P

New, upward revision of total debt: $225,000. It's quite possible that without IBR, the payments on that would nearly equal my starting salary. I still want to do public interest work. I hope economic realities never change my mind.


Let's start here:

http://law.fordham.edu/ihtml/fa-2SchoGrant_Outside_Cat.ihtml?id=926

User avatar
the fledgling
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby the fledgling » Sat May 30, 2009 12:30 pm

silenziatori wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Silenz: What scholly apps did you find?

Fledgling: It was at least my fourth visit. They probably mistook me for a staffer or something. :P

New, upward revision of total debt: $225,000. It's quite possible that without IBR, the payments on that would nearly equal my starting salary. I still want to do public interest work. I hope economic realities never change my mind.


Let's start here:

http://law.fordham.edu/ihtml/fa-2SchoGrant_Outside_Cat.ihtml?id=926


Truly awesome. Thanks!

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby OperaSoprano » Sat May 30, 2009 1:16 pm

the fledgling wrote:If you have to you could start off in a higher paying field and transfer to PI as soon as its fiscally possible. I know someone who did something similar (big law four years --> DA's office).


I don't really want to do biglaw, but I know that if I have the grades, I should at least interview. Nothing is a guarantee. I can't imagine what recruiters would make of my resume. I'd be out in two years, if at all possible. Life is too short to work more 70 hour weeks than are absolutely necessary.


Thanks for the scholly link!

JTebor
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:00 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby JTebor » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:22 am

Is anyone looking for a roommate? I am a 25 year old female who will be a 1L in August. I am looking to share an apartment with 2 or 3 other law school students starting Aug 15- Sep 1. I am looking to live in either hells kitchen or on the upper west side, walking distance from the school. I have been living in NYC for the past 3 years so I can do most of the apartment research. Let me know.

zoe
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:26 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby zoe » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:31 pm

does anyone know if they're accepting credit card payments for the second deposit? i sent an e-mail to Adonza Anderson a week ago asking if i could pay with my credit card... but i haven't received a response yet.

User avatar
ZXCVBNM
Posts: 422
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby ZXCVBNM » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:40 pm

I was just accepted and haven't received my admitted students info. How much are the deposits?

zoe
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:26 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby zoe » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:42 pm

ZXCVBNM wrote:I was just accepted and haven't received my admitted students info. How much are the deposits?


the 1st is $400
the 2nd in $600

by the way... CONGRATS! :)

User avatar
ZXCVBNM
Posts: 422
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby ZXCVBNM » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:46 pm

Thanks! They told me I have two weeks from the email to send in a deposit. It just doesn't say how much or where to send it. Calls to the Admin Office haven't been too helpful. Still haven't been given my login info to submit my financial aid info. How are others find the admin and financial aid offices?

User avatar
hoffb86
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:11 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby hoffb86 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:48 pm

ZXCVBNM wrote:I was just accepted and haven't received my admitted students info. How much are the deposits?


Congrats!

zoe
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:26 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby zoe » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:55 pm

zoe wrote:does anyone know if they're accepting credit card payments for the second deposit? i sent an e-mail to Adonza Anderson a week ago asking if i could pay with my credit card... but i haven't received a response yet.


i called in & was able to make a payment over the phone. if anyone else waited until the last minute like me, don't worry! :)

User avatar
ZXCVBNM
Posts: 422
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby ZXCVBNM » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:56 pm

so you can use a credit card?

zoe
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:26 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby zoe » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:57 pm

ZXCVBNM wrote:so you can use a credit card?


i used my debit card but i think you can use a credit card.

User avatar
ZXCVBNM
Posts: 422
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby ZXCVBNM » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:02 pm

Thanks, I'm really excited about Fordham...it was a reach for me!

jrock12
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby jrock12 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:12 pm

my status checker was updated with 'Your deposits have been received'

sent my second deposit in about a week and a half ago...just an fyi for anyone else who was wondering

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby silenziatori » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:50 pm

My status checker also shows that they received both of my deposits.

I received my final financial aid award letter today! Happy the grant money didn't evaporate.

User avatar
ZXCVBNM
Posts: 422
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby ZXCVBNM » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:52 pm

Do I have to worry about loans running out?

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby silenziatori » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:53 pm

ZXCVBNM wrote:Do I have to worry about loans running out?


I don't think you'll have any worries when it comes to loans. I was just being paranoid.

User avatar
silenziatori
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby silenziatori » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:59 pm

What the hell happened to Fordham2012? Her/his only post was the start of this thread.

User avatar
let/them/eat/cake
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby let/them/eat/cake » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:01 pm

it was probably an OS alterego, starting the thread because she knew only death would keep her out of said institution.

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby geoanthem » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:02 pm

Cake, any news from Gtown?

User avatar
ZXCVBNM
Posts: 422
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby ZXCVBNM » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:05 pm

geoanthem wrote:Cake, any news from Gtown?

I'm on their WL for PT and 2nd deposit is due today so this next few days will be telling.

geoanthem
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby geoanthem » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:06 pm

ZXCVBNM wrote:
geoanthem wrote:Cake, any news from Gtown?

I'm on their WL for PT and 2nd deposit is due today so this next few days will be telling.

You in Fordham PT or FT?

User avatar
let/them/eat/cake
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Fordham Law School Class of 2012

Postby let/them/eat/cake » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:10 pm

geoanthem wrote:Cake, any news from Gtown?


none, but like Ferris said, second deposit is today. i hope they at least won't release me at any point before the end of summer, given that they know i'm retaking. i really want to send a Namathian email saying "save me a month of agony and i guarantee you a score above your 75th", but there's no good way to do such a thing. next couple days should be interesting though.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest